Sep 16, 2018, 09:06 PM
Discussion

Three-color Light on Universal Tx Module

Hi Jim, who are the manufacturer/suppliers of the three-color lights used on the universal module?
A company in the US has my second Tx, and is installing in it, the electronics of your universal module.
I have asked them to install a three-color light on my Tx itself for the binding.
They have difficulties finding the required light. That is why I am asking.
Thank you and my best regards,

Gilles
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2018, 12:16 PM
There isn't a 3 color LED used in the Universal Module. There is a 2 color LED. In order to make that (surface mount) LED external, you would have to remove it from the circuit board using the proper equipment. You can't just add an extra LED because the driver hardware for the LED was not designed for that.
Sep 17, 2018, 03:29 PM
Thank you Jim, how would you suggets that the binding be done; a binding button will be installed on the Tx, but I will not see the light?
Sep 17, 2018, 10:28 PM
Typically, people just open the back of their transmitter and press the button and watch the LED.
Sep 18, 2018, 06:44 AM
Would it be feasible to drill a “peep hole “ through the back of the transmitter case in a location where the led would be visible ? Then After binding , plug the hole with an appropriate rubber or plastic “cap”........
Sep 20, 2018, 12:58 AM
Fiber optics works too. This is from my built in lithium charger: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/atta...mentid=7535794

Fred

Quick Reply