Sep 14, 2018, 01:06 PM
The Mad Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubert1
Yeah, that would be an issue for me to. I think worst case scenario is it would need some bigger wheels.
I don't mind doing that, but the wheel pants will probably limit what you can do without removing them.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2018, 01:54 PM
Full up Elevator and you should have
no worries...I thought the same with my
Eflite Cirrus 1.5m but never have a problem even in tall grass with plenty of up...
Ordered the Pitts today .I have been waiting for 4 years for this from Horizon
and after selling so many Umx pitts in my shop my customers will be back for this also ...There is nothing the Pitts wont do in the right hands and has the greatest flight envelope I have seen except for the Eflite Cirrus 1.5m
Biplanes are an addiction and my needs are going to be filled ...Thankyou Jason and Gang ...
U will sell heaps and heaps until a Beast in the same size comes and then that will take over its place..

Like Dalecheek would say this thing will hover better than a Heli ...lol

I plan to use a 3s 3300mah Gens Ace ..That Battery gives the perfect nose weight in all my eflite 3s planes

Good Job Horizon and cant wait ...Many sleepless nights ahead waiting ..Bummer

Craig
New Zealand
Sep 14, 2018, 02:16 PM
You're welcome Craig, and we can't wait for you to get one!

Also, slight snafu on our part The power system we originally had slated for the Pitts was 3S-compatible only and pulled a lot more current to do what the final/production 3S and 4S-compatible power system does (better!). That in mind the ESC is indeed 40A (and works great on both 3S and 4S!), and we're working to update all info/listings/etc. accordingly. Our apologies for any confusion and no worries...everyone will be very happy with the performance of the power system (especially on 4S )!
Sep 14, 2018, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thibault
How do you guys think this will compare to the Ultimate2 ? Was about to buy a U2 to get into 3D (and also because I wanted a bipe to join my fleet).
If you plan/prefer to fly 3D, the Ultimate might be a better choice for you. The Pitts can hover and perform some 3D maneuvers, but that's not exactly what it was designed for (whereas the Ultimate was designed for 3D flying).

That said, the Pitts looks and flies awesome so I'm planning to have both
Sep 14, 2018, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg
I too am going to postpone the Viper until spring but I plan to get one of these as soon as they are available.

Jason, is there a decent quantity in the initial shipment?
It's definitely a decent quantity, but based on the response and pre-orders so far, we could end up selling through the first, second and even third shipments like we have with the Viper That in mind I'd strongly recommend pre-ordering right away if you'd like to get one as soon as possible! And don't forget...most local stores don't charge to place a pre-order (and you don't pay until it ships if you pre-order on HorizonHobby.com).
Sep 14, 2018, 04:32 PM
Yvan
Jason M.
Question! I have 4S 3200 Kinexsis!
The weight of these batteries are it correct for the CG and for the Pitts!
Yvan
Sep 14, 2018, 04:43 PM
Dert Farmur
Recently got back into flying after a many year hiatus and just had the UMX beast and Pitts out the other day, and was thinking how nice it would be if there was a medium sized 3S powered model of each of them.

And lo and behold, my LHS had an Ultimate 2 in stock yesterday (close enough to the Beast for me), and this perfectly sized Pitts was announced. Thanks Santa...errr...eFlite.
Sep 14, 2018, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
If you plan/prefer to fly 3D, the Ultimate might be a better choice for you. The Pitts can hover and perform some 3D maneuvers, but that's not exactly what it was designed for (whereas the Ultimate was designed for 3D flying).
Although it obviously has enough power, strictly speaking the Pitts can't hover as it doesn't have enough (any?) aileron area in the propwash. Without that you get a torque roll, which is what the video shows. As you say it's primarily a nice-looking aerobatic scale model rather than a 3D ship. The Pitts is a classic - this one should be very popular!
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Sep 14, 2018, 05:17 PM
30 yrs. Of Aircraft flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC1138
I've been contemplating picking up a UMX Pitts again, but I think I'll hold off and wait for this. I only have grass runways to use in my area, and though they show the plane taking off and landing on grass, I'm still a little suspicious of it's ability to do so consistently without nosing over. I'll wait for the plane to come out and some reviews before picking it up, but it looks great.
I will be having video when i get mine. I fly off a veru rough field so will find out but the J3 Cub has no issues so... look to be about the same size wheels as it has

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Although it obviously has enough power, strictly speaking the Pitts can't hover as it doesn't have enough (any?) aileron area in the propwash. Without that you get a torque roll, which is what the video shows. As you say it's primarily a nice-looking aerobatic scale model rather than a 3D ship. The Pitts is a classic - this one should be very popular!
People said the original UMX beast can't hover to I proved many wrong with that one.
Sep 14, 2018, 05:26 PM
Jason,
Thank you very much for the clarification! I ordered through my LHS regardless, but I just wanted to make sure you didn't need to change the ESC to get the proper performance it claims.
I can't wait! I have my 3s and 4s batteries waiting......
Sep 14, 2018, 07:00 PM
Needs More Go Fast....
I'm really excited to see this, I really liked my UMX pitts but it was too small and looking at it wrong resulted in $40+ in replacement parts. I had a radio cut out and the plane booped the grass on landing cracking the fuse, lowe wings and put a weird twist in the upper. 2/3 cost in just foam to replace. I would probably own almost all the UMX if they priced them out correctly.

Their larger planes seem to be ok though.

Anyway, I like this plane and will likely pick it up soon. I'm also happy to finally see "plenty of power" being the norm for these planes too. I was very surprised at the 1.2 clipped wing cub (also a blast to fly)
Sep 14, 2018, 08:18 PM
I like it! The a3xs should do this size airframe well. It uses a common battery. Flies bigger then it looks. Probably flies forever on said battery. Good job!
Sep 14, 2018, 09:34 PM
Quote:
. . . BTW, did you see the video?? It can hover
Dont worry Dale Ill get some more hovering on video for you too.
Sep 14, 2018, 09:36 PM
Quote:
It's definitely a decent quantity, but based on the response and pre-orders so far, we could end up selling through the first, second and even third shipments like we have with the Viper That in mind I'd strongly recommend pre-ordering right away if you'd like to get one as soon as possible! And don't forget...most local stores don't charge to place a pre-order (and you don't pay until it ships if you pre-order on HorizonHobby.com).
Thanks for the heads up Jason. I have pre-ordered.
Sep 14, 2018, 09:54 PM
30 yrs. Of Aircraft flying!
Ive got few 2200 3s from my 450 helis and my CWC Cub... I have a couple of 4s 1800s from my F27 should work nice. ive not even seen a mention on flight time on a 4s 2200? i don't care if only 3 mins it be a blast for 3 mins

Quick Reply