Nov 13, 2019, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
The Pitts does fly a bit sportier and handles the wind the wind better.

Just for fun here's a Waco vid

https://youtu.be/yYumGPY4V0Q
I watched all the vids and this Waco was my favorite. In fact it's one of the best UMX vids for any plane I have ever watched. There are no distractions, no music, no annoying people talking, just the plane and you showing us what it does in a really nice location. Where do you guys find these spots? I live in the middle of nowhere and can't even find a nice quiet place like this to fly without people, dogs, kids, and cars in the parking lot. LOL

Also, unless I missed some clever editing that was a 9 minute flight. Wow!

I can see myself getting both the UMX Pitts and Waco. They really are different enough to justify it.

At about the 2 minute mark it sounded like you did a major trim adjustment, is that for the 300mAh battery or some other reason?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2019, 02:16 AM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncoiler
I watched all the vids and this Waco was my favorite. In fact it's one of the best UMX vids for any plane I have ever watched. There are no distractions, no music, no annoying people talking, just the plane and you showing us what it does in a really nice location. Where do you guys find these spots? I live in the middle of nowhere and can't even find a nice quiet place like this to fly without people, dogs, kids, and cars in the parking lot. LOL

Also, unless I missed some clever editing that was a 9 minute flight. Wow!

I can see myself getting both the UMX Pitts and Waco. They really are different enough to justify it.

At about the 2 minute mark it sounded like you did a major trim adjustment, is that for the 300mAh battery or some other reason?
Thanks for the kind words!

The Waco video was in the parking lot at some ball diamonds and the Pitts videos were at a boat access ramp at a local lake.

Yep, it was a 9 minute flight on the Waco. I'm pretty easy on the throttle compared to the Pitts which I run a lot harder. The Pitts has a lot more flight time so maybe the older motor and jittery servos eat a bit more battery too, idk? I have some of Roger's 330mah batteries to try out some time too.

I'm not sure what the trim was about. I can't remember if this was the maiden or if maybe I switched radios or something. I've always flown the same 300mah size battery in it.

You nailed it with them both be unique enough to not be the same! My fear when buying the Waco was having 2 planes that flew the same, but they really feel like 2 different planes. My opinion on the differences is that the Pitts is more like "hold on" and fast paced whereas the Waco is still aerobatic but at a slower, gentler pace. The Waco is slightly more forgiving since it's not as quick to react.
Nov 14, 2019, 11:13 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Fun at the baseball field with the UMX Pitts running on a TP 325 70C BabbelBatt!

UMX Pitts S-1S - aerobatics and touch & gos at the baseball field (11 min 2 sec)

Joel
Last edited by turboparker; Nov 14, 2019 at 11:24 PM.
Nov 18, 2019, 10:48 AM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
850mm Pitts BNF @ $160 https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHLJG&P=ML
Nov 18, 2019, 12:13 PM
new Biplaner to be 04 2013
Quote:
Good catch Sir.

At this point HH shows her as on sale too, $199.99 ???
Early Christmas party at the office?

CCC
Nov 18, 2019, 12:32 PM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt.chaos canada
Good catch Sir.

At this point HH shows her as on sale too, $199.99 ???
Early Christmas party at the office?

CCC
Yeah, weird that HH is higher. I bought a UMX Evolution from Tower for $70 and HH has it for $100
Nov 18, 2019, 06:15 PM
new Biplaner to be 04 2013

159.99 at HH

It was a "preglitch"

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...lect-p-efl3550

Hope it's not an early discontinue token?

CCC
Nov 18, 2019, 06:33 PM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
"Preglitch"
Nov 18, 2019, 07:16 PM
Mineral, VA
Still goes to $199 in the HH cart...
Nov 18, 2019, 07:46 PM
Best price is from Hobbyzone. Free club sign will get A 1000 points bolus, equals 10% off. Buying this plane will net you 1500 more points. I have been doing this for the last two years. Love this plane, but the my existing Umx version is best for my flying space.
Nov 19, 2019, 12:52 AM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrutter1
Still goes to $199 in the HH cart...
I am seeing the same thing. I was thinking about grabbing a spare and maybe doing a total repaint or kit bash into a C model. Price reverts to 199 in the cart.
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Nov 19, 2019, 01:07 AM
Also Hobbyzone doesn't charge tax, unless you live in Illinois.
Last edited by Jasen40; Nov 19, 2019 at 10:06 AM.
Nov 19, 2019, 02:02 AM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy
I am seeing the same thing. I was thinking about grabbing a spare and maybe doing a total repaint or kit bash into a C model. Price reverts to 199 in the cart.
Tower's cart shows the correct price
Nov 19, 2019, 02:14 AM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Quote:
Tower's cart shows the correct price
But then I can't use my Horizon Club rewards credit.
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Nov 19, 2019, 02:22 AM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy
But then I can't use my Horizon Club rewards credit.
Ah, that won't work then.

Quick Reply