Greg Stone - for District X Vice President

Greg Stone is running forDistrict X Vice President.

Splash

A Message from Greg Stone

Iím Greg Stone from Southern California and Iím asking for your vote for District X Vice President. I pledge to visit and bring awareness to clubs and club events as I have for the past few years as a District X AMA Associate VP. I enjoy meeting our members and participating in all types of events. I want to raise visibility across the district about our clubs, events, and fun flyís as well as AMA resources. I want to establish a district website for everyone to share about events and happenings at their fields as well as further representation in Model Aviation. I want to establish an open communication channel for all members.

I will also work to build effective working and personal relationships with the AMAís professional staff and other District Vice Presidents. As your District X VP, I will communicate the issues and concerns of our District to the Executive Council and ensure our voices are heard on national matters. I have been flying radio control for over 40 years and have been involved with many clubs as both a member and club leader. I started in control line and model rocketry and since then have been involved across all aspects of R/C. I have also been active in supporting various educational STEM programs from Science Olympiad to collegiate design, build, fly competitions. Participating in these events has given me the chance to visit flying fields and members in other District X states. Iím committed to ensuring future generations will be able to enjoy modeling as we do today.

MODELING EXPERIENCE

District X AVP - 2015 to Present

• Focus on working with clubs and events in central and southern California and Arizona while emphasizing education and community outreach programs

Education and STEM Outreach American Institute for Aeronautics and Astronautics Design Build Fly (AIAA DBF

• Arizona State University (ASU) 2013 to Present
  • R/C Advisor for airworthiness and general model aviation resources University California Irvine (UCI)
  • 2015 to Present
  • Support team flying activities

Society of Automotive Engineers Aero Competition Regular and Advanced Classes Arizona State University - 2013 to Present

• R/C Advisor for airworthiness and general model aviation resources California State University, Fullerton and University of California, Irvine
  • 2015 to Present
  • Test flight activities and mission readiness

Southern California Reginal Science Olympiad Competition

• Event Supervisor and Event Judge for High School and Middle School - 2009 to Present
  • Building and Flying Events: Helicopter, Wright Stuff, Elastic Launch Glider, Towers/Bridges
  • Aliso Niguel High School Building Event Supervisor - 2005 to 2013

Southern California R/C Club Experience

• Orange Coast Radio Control Club (charter 1330) - 1978 to Present
  • Treasurer, board member, past president. Focus on community and education activities to build membership and interest from youth and training.
  • Gold Leader Club for 25 consecutive years.
  • Earned wings with club when flying at Mile Square Park

Orange County Modelers Association (chapter 58) - 2009 to Present

• Treasurer, board member. Focus on outreach events and education activities to promote interest in all aspects of model aviation

The Model Aviation Association (charter 1316) = 2010 to Present

• President. Focus on local events where proceeds go to Semper Fi Fund, Wounded Warrior Project, CHOC Childrenís Hospital.

Flying Experience - 1969 to Present

• Intro pilot instructor
  • Aerobatics, 3D, WWI scale, WWII scale, slope soaring, control line aerobatics, FPV drone, FPV wings

Editor's Note

I am happy to help promote any candidate running for an AMA office. If you wish to do so just PM me with your info.

Sep 13, 2018, 12:12 PM
Registered RC NUT!
I hope everyone votes for Greg he has been to every Club big and small throughout Southern California! I think we all appreciate your effort!
Sep 13, 2018, 05:22 PM
Aero Rock

Thanks and the visits continue

Headed to visit the various Tucson groups next. I feel it is important to know and support everything that is going on in the district.
Sep 14, 2018, 12:40 PM

Greg Stone

I can tell you folks from direct experience working closely with Greg on many of his projects over the years, that he is the right person for this position. His balance of technical experience, ability to work with all levels of government, organizational skills coupled with his ability to solve complex problems provides a strong set of skills the AMA urgently needs.

His level headed, logical approach to problem solving will benefit us all. Growing our hobby, preserving the fields we have and his interest in the next generation of flyers is a proven skill we can all benefit from. Don't just sit on the sidelines and complain.

A vote for Greg is an ideal first step to getting involved and growing our our great hobby.

John Owsinski

Certified AMA instructor
OCMA member
Anaheim Model Airplane Club member
alias: johnnyCrash
Sep 14, 2018, 04:55 PM
Aero Rock

Tucson is up next

Off to Tucson to visit with more of the District X clubs. Will start Saturday morning with Southern Arizona Modelers then over to Tucson Radio Control Club (TRCC).
Sep 15, 2018, 09:44 AM
I like the violent stuff!
I've been a member of OCRCC for years. Greg gave me my wings test. When I go to local events he's always there. Greg and his son are dedicated pilots. He's got my vote.

Quick Reply