Nov 26, 2018, 11:25 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
EDIT-11/26/2018 Printed a shark fin for my Skystars STX225. Thing file here. Requires a quick easy mod to install. Front of the plate lines up perfectly, so install it with the stock screws and then you will see where to trim and drill the screw holes for the rear. See image below.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 28, 2018, 02:03 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Got some new props to try out as soon as the weather permits. They're EyeSky 5053 and I hope they perform as good as they look.
Nov 28, 2018, 02:06 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
They look like current eaters.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Nov 28, 2018, 03:57 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
I'm hoping they'll be a bit more efficient than the Gemfan 5152 yet have better punch than the stock 5042. Looks like I might see some decent flying weather on Friday to test them out.
Nov 28, 2018, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax
I'm hoping they'll be a bit more efficient than the Gemfan 5152 yet have better punch than the stock 5042. Looks like I might see some decent flying weather on Friday to test them out.

I really love DalProp 5046, great mix between power and efficiency. I have these on the Kopis 2, stock props, and get great handling, with flight times up to 5 minutes, or even a little more on 3S 1400mAh Multistar LiPo.
Nov 28, 2018, 05:52 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to give those a try. I used to fly Dal 5045's all the time, but have been buying Gemfan almost exclusively for the past year or so. The price was right on these EyeSky so I figured I'd give them a shot.
Nov 29, 2018, 05:19 AM
PowerMetalPilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I really love DalProp 5046, great mix between power and efficiency. I have these on the Kopis 2, stock props, and get great handling, with flight times up to 5 minutes, or even a little more on 3S 1400mAh Multistar LiPo.
Yeah i don't mind those dals but damn they break easy. I guess it beats a bent prop as that's as good as done anyway.
Nov 29, 2018, 11:55 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
I have definitely broken more DAL props than Gemfan props, but as you say, once it's bent, it needs to be replaced anyway.
Nov 29, 2018, 02:34 PM
PowerMetalPilot
Still no 5s?

I got a couple of these to try and yeah i know zops suck but this one might not and the price well i think it's worth a try. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/18-5V-11...72.m2749.l2649
Nov 29, 2018, 03:14 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
No 5s yet. I haven't even gotten a chance to fly it in almost a month. Every time I've been home with any free time it has been snowing. Supposed to be near 40F tomorrow with no snow in the forecast so I'm hoping to get it out for a couple batteries but I haven't even ordered a 5s pack yet.

Let me know how that pack works out for you. I can get the same pack here from a US seller for $25 so the price is definitely right.
Dec 01, 2018, 12:14 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Flight controller PDF diagram added to first post. Thanks GCRC!
Dec 01, 2018, 07:08 PM
I’m a relative noob but have a couple quads I built, including a Tyro 99. Can build em, don’t fly them so well...yet :-)

Anyway, I built the stx225 as per drone camps video, then learned here that camera wiring had to be swapped. So for me all works except frsky r-xsr isn’t being seen by betaflight (no stick movement in BF). I bridged the Rx 5v and p/s. Rx powers on and is properly bound to Taranis.

Is there an alternative wire setup so betaflight sees the Rx?
Dec 02, 2018, 02:59 AM
Wasn't this something with inverted signal or not? You did take the correct wire from the R-XSR, right? Some accidentally connect the wire that is intended for a slave receiver, and also labeled Sbus, to the FC, and that won't work.
Dec 02, 2018, 04:24 AM
PowerMetalPilot
WARNING FASTMAX DO NOT BUY THE 5S ZOP!!!!!

Similar sag to a old grannies udders.
Dec 02, 2018, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Wasn't this something with inverted signal or not? You did take the correct wire from the R-XSR, right? Some accidentally connect the wire that is intended for a slave receiver, and also labeled Sbus, to the FC, and that won't work.
Thanks for replying. I used the supplied three connector/leads with signal, +,- So that should be correct. The other supplied connector had the extra two wires. Didnít use that connector.

Being a noob I donít know what the inverted thing is.

Thanks again.

Mark

Quick Reply