PowerMetalPilot
That is a bit odd^
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2018, 03:35 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramersteen
That is a bit odd^

To put it mildly. The image seems to shift when the quad is pitched up or down, and even the OSD can slide up and down as well.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Oct 22, 2018, 04:40 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Wow! Yeah, that is really weird. Never seen anything like it.
Oct 23, 2018, 12:07 AM
Neither have I. I will try a different VTX, and maybe even different camera too.
Oct 23, 2018, 03:13 AM
PowerMetalPilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
To put it mildly. The image seems to shift when the quad is pitched up or down, and even the OSD can slide up and down as well.
I noticed on one of my ntxf4 the osd when placed in betaflight would show up in an entirely different area once gogglefied ..
Oct 23, 2018, 01:28 PM
I tried different VTX, no difference. Leaves only the camera and the FC as possible culprits.
Oct 25, 2018, 03:21 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Have you been able to figure it out?
Oct 25, 2018, 05:44 PM
No fix yet.
Oct 27, 2018, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Even with screws tightened, it didn't take me much force to move the arms. I put the arms in the right position, and secured these with a little ca glue between bottom plate and arms. This might negate the benefit of removable arms, but with these cheap frames often spare arms are not even available, and I rarely crash anyway.

I`ve made some muffs cutting off from M3 nylon bolts
Oct 28, 2018, 12:39 AM
Smart fix!
Oct 29, 2018, 09:49 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Welcome to RCG red5555! Thanks for sharing that!
Nov 02, 2018, 11:01 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
These are now back in stock and on sale for $109 during the 11-11 sales at Gearbest. Updated link in first post.
Nov 04, 2018, 06:27 AM
Well, the problem causing the weird shifting image as the quad was tilted, was the camera. Already tried different settings on the OSD tab, NTSC or PAL instead of Auto, and different VTX, so it could only be the FC or camera. Since the anomaly moved with the quad being tilted, I was afraid the FC was causing the problem, but the first different micro camera I connected, a Caddx F1, already gave steady image. Eventually I settled for a Runcam Micro Swift clone, which has more natural colors than the Caddx.

Video uploading now.

Edit: here it is:

First FPV flight with the STX225, after replacing faulty camera (4 min 8 sec)
Last edited by SoloProFan; Nov 04, 2018 at 06:45 AM.
Nov 04, 2018, 10:22 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Nice flight. I have batts charging now so I can get in a couple flights with mine this morning.
Nov 04, 2018, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax
Nice flight. I have batts charging now so I can get in a couple flights with mine this morning.

Thanks, Max.

You didn't have to change any PID settings for 4S, right? As I feel this one really needs 4S to be able to compete with quads like the Fuuton 2, Excelvan X218S and mostly the Kopis 2, which each outperform the STX225 if running a similar battery.

Quick Reply