Jan 06, 2019, 03:31 PM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Ws ended up at 38 inch or 965 mm. Looked it up and 4s is not "recommended" I just may give it a try anyways at half throttle. But then again, the winds will be picking up 15-20 mph for the next few days. If I can remember where my 64mm is I will probably just do some cutting this week and save the 50 for something else instead of damaging some components.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2019, 03:50 PM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
Good call mate. Don't want to burn that beauty.
A 64 will make her hummmmm
Jan 07, 2019, 12:46 PM
Don't have a 64mm on hand but I did find a 30mm, so I made a 22 incher elevons only out of a sheet of DTF.... just because......I gotta slow down on the builds.
Jan 07, 2019, 01:03 PM
Foamy and Glider fanatic
Geez Louise Timbo, you can seriously crank them out!
Jan 07, 2019, 04:41 PM
Indeeeeeeed! Timbo's on a roll!

Got the jet bugg!! Lol...
Jan 07, 2019, 07:22 PM
[QUxOTE=Blacky's Boy;40859951]Geez Louise Timbo, you can seriously crank them out![/QUOTE]
Wife's out of town, so it's either this or the honey do list she gave me...
Anyways, this one came out a little bit heavy also, should of used 2 or 3 mm foam. But I think this one will be able to stay up, less than 10 mph wind tomorrow morning so I'll find out then.
Jan 10, 2019, 04:27 PM
Oh well, the 22 incher was tail heavy...nuff said...the edf wasn't really strong enough for the weight of the plane anyways. Got home did the repairs and decided to ripped out the edf while I had the glue gun heated up and put on a prop motor on the rear. Moved the electrics from the top to inside the lower fuse for better balance and air cooling, extended the nose to push the battery foward more to help with the cg also.
Jan 15, 2019, 12:30 PM
It seemed like a good idea!!!!
In any event Timbo, it's a really pretty little plane.

Nice work.

Jan 15, 2019, 07:31 PM
Thanks to all for the kind comments. The small one flew pretty good with the prop motor but I still had to add an additional 1/4 ounce of lead up front to balance it.
The good news of the day is...besides me being on vacation this week and the weather has been decent...I took the 38 incher with the edf out for another run using a 4 cell battery, I figured if it blows up, then it blows up. Flight was good but I still need to add a little bit more weight up front, even with the large and heavy 4 s battery it felt just a little bit tail heavy, but not enough to be concern about. I need to cut some access flaps to test the heat on the esc and motor after the next flight and make sure they can handle the extra juice, if so then I can just go out and have fun with it.

VX-30 concept edf RC plane flight (2 min 42 sec)
Last edited by Timbo383; Jan 15, 2019 at 08:41 PM.
Jan 15, 2019, 08:57 PM
Yeah! Baby! She flys great! You could use a foam cup on the exhaust to reduce the exhaust diameter which will give you more speed Timbo.
Well done mate
Jan 16, 2019, 01:19 AM
Nice!
Jan 16, 2019, 09:03 AM
Thanks guys, it's due to all of the help from everyone here on these forums that I have been able to get planes like this to fly with my limited skill level.
Duke, when I made the tube I tapered the exhaust exit smaller then the intake for both thrust and speed averages. When I was at 1/2 throttle stick it seem sluggish. But once I gave it some more at that one time it really opened up and scooted, you just couldn't really see it in the video.
Jan 16, 2019, 09:54 AM
Yeah mate I did see that -- You said "Ahhh what the hell" and give her a bust..... lol

Quick Reply