Jul 29, 2019, 08:46 AM
Thread OP
[QUOTE=jiggiba;42395551I'm use to 3D acrobatic planes so this seemed slow and unresponsive but that is just me getting use to a big warbird./QUOTE]

Yes, the Stuka is even a bit less responsive than most other warbirds, but she looks great in the air.
Latest blog entry: Su-30 second battery
to remove ads between posts
Jul 29, 2019, 02:04 PM
teamwork, do it my way!
Agreed, I have the seagull one, and it is no speedster, doesn't do barrel rolls, battles through a loop but every time I fly it, people want to stand and watch it. As a 50cc model its big and with the wheel spats it has great presence in the air. The weird aileron and flap configuration is also pretty cool since its just so 'out there'.
Jul 29, 2019, 03:01 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
I felt like I was having to plan ahead of every maneuver. And be patient. Not saying it flew bad just different than what I'm use to. I went ahead and ordered a pair of wings. I wish they offered them individually. Anyone need a right wing? HAHA
Sep 07, 2019, 06:23 PM
I review RC Products
This is my buddy Pilot Robert's Giant Scale Phoenix Model Stuka Ju 87 at Warbirds Over Whatcom.

Robert's Giant Scale Phoenix Model Stuka Ju 87 61cc GasEP ARF RC Warbird (6 min 30 sec)
Sep 16, 2019, 02:43 PM
NO1
NO1
Looking to purchase this model...but cannot find and measurement for firewall to spinner . Looking to install a Roto 85 in this but not sure there is enough room. Any info appreciated.
Oct 04, 2019, 11:20 PM
Anyone know if a DLE 61 with a j-tec wrap around Pitts muffler will fit without cutting the side of the cowl up?
Oct 05, 2019, 07:28 AM
Why use a side exhaust engine when you don't have too.. I put the RCGF60RE in my Stuka..
Great engine .. perfect fit. Glenn
Oct 05, 2019, 04:37 PM
Good looking plane Glenn! I just pulled the 61 from another plane and didn’t want to have to buy a rear exhaust. You know the width of the cowl?
Oct 06, 2019, 07:33 AM
in using a wrap around … 5-1/4" plus/minus 1/8th'.

NO1 ; Roto 85 that will not fit..
Oct 06, 2019, 08:35 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
I figured I would post my reply to Mudd's PM here.

I was reading where you used a Dle 61 and j-tec muffler on your Phoenix Stuka. How was the fit on that? Was any cutouts needed to the side of the cowl? Looks like you’re just north of me around Atlanta. I’m down in Valdosta. Thanks, Dale

No cutouts on the side, however I did have to grind the heads of the muffler bolts some, just a tad for clearance. Also I had to use thin washers instead of the plate they supply with the muffler. I was going to drill them and use safety wire but due to the grinding that was not possible. I've only flown the plane one time. On the second flight while headed out under power, the tailwheel quit turning. All I could do was watch the left wing clip a fence post. Slight damage to the wing, repairable. I decided to order one new wing. Found out that they only sell them in pairs, ordered a pair.
let me back up some, during assembly I noticed that my plane's wing hinges were different than what was posted on the thread. I had planned on a quick swap of the servo's on ONE wing. You know where this is going. The new wings were the different style. So now both wings need to be done instead of a quick one wing replacement. That kinda made me put the plane on the back burner for a while. I do plane on swapping stuff this week as our club has a warbird event this coming weekend.
There is a guy selling 3d printed exhaust stacks in the classified section. Good looking and great service, highly recommended.

let me know if you have any more questions.
Eric
Oct 06, 2019, 08:47 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
Exhaust stacks.
Oct 08, 2019, 06:33 PM
I am using a RCGF 60Re and i am very happy with it.
Oct 08, 2019, 06:45 PM
To all the Phoenix Stuka guys make sure you check the Plane after you flew for damage or even loose firewall of cracks. On Maiden my Stuka landed and on touch down the whole front including motor broke off just around the LE . Weak construction of the whole fuse. All support from the font ends right there where it broke off.
Oct 11, 2019, 08:06 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
While doing the repair work on mine i've seen several areas of concern. I've only had one flight on mine. The reason for the loss of steering is the bolts that hold the tail wheel assembly in came out. The bottom two bolts are accessible through the removable door. The two top bolts require a 3mm driver attached to a long extension accessed from the canopy opening. I feel that that is the fault of the factory.
While transferring parts from the "old" wings to the new wings this evening I found one of my new wings has broken wood. It's where the rear wing joiner attaches. It seems to me that it is necessary to examine every square inch of this plane due to inconsistent build quality.
Oct 31, 2019, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansrc
To all the Phoenix Stuka guys make sure you check the Plane after you flew for damage or even loose firewall of cracks. On Maiden my Stuka landed and on touch down the whole front including motor broke off just around the LE . Weak construction of the whole fuse. All support from the font ends right there where it broke off.
Agree with you 100%. I have around 10 total flights on mine and always something to repair after each flight.
I have gone over everything I can with hysol and done all I can do but the wood quality is very poor!
This was not a cheap ARF but it is what it is.

Quick Reply