Dec 28, 2018, 02:12 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Thread OP
Usually Holybro designs things with some headroom, I gues that shows here. Looking forward to a video of this crazy power.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 28, 2018, 11:31 AM
A video would be embarrassing. I guess I could do a punch-out anyway. I’m a beginner with these krazy kwads! I’ve been doing RC for decades, but not THIS!
Jan 07, 2019, 08:01 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
MY KOPIS2 SE Story - I have received 3 of these now..... only 1 has been good.

First one had a FC issue that caused uncommanded sudden orientation jumps mid flight... made 1 flight with video and sent it back. Holybro made comment that the ESCs were bad.

Second one was a gift from my wife for Christmas.... first flight Christmas Day ended in FC out of control within first 5 seconds of flight, ending in huge destructive crash on pavement (luckily I ran DVR in my goggles). So FAR - NO response from HOLYBRO Customer Service after multiple emails with video link.

Third one I had ordered before my wife got me one as gift... it just arrived and I maidened over weekend SUCCESSFULLY... Finally got one that would actually fly safely. It really is a nice quad... just not sold on reliability yet after a 66% fail rate.

I still have HOPE since I see many reviewers and pilots with good luck and they seem to be very impressed....

I am however quite disappointed in the second one that is now a pile of parts (I have taken it apart to survey damage and find what frame parts/electronics need to be replaced....I blew all 4 mounts for the stack, so I hope the stack is OK). I am hoping Holybro would watch my video and identify the issue (FC or ESC) from other failures I have read about... to offer some guidance and support to make a $315 quad RIGHT that was an epic failure from the factory. Bummer.

I will put up my picts and video this eve for you guys to see.
Last edited by kydawg1; Jan 07, 2019 at 10:10 AM. Reason: typo fix
Jan 07, 2019, 08:13 AM
Thread OP
That sounds pretty bad, I will certainly pass this onto Holybro. Must admit I also haven't heard from them in a while.

Did you get BnF or installed your own receiver?
Jan 07, 2019, 10:08 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
SoloProFan - My wife got me the BnF with the RX installed.

I plan to put up some good flight video and review of the Kopis2 this coming weekend if the weather cooperates.
Jan 07, 2019, 12:44 PM
Thread OP
If the second one was a BnF, we can rule out incorrect receiver install as cause, and manufacturing issue is the most likely cause instead.

I sent a message about your problems to my contact at Holybro. Can't guarantuee it will do anything, but at least there's a chance it will help.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Jan 07, 2019 at 12:54 PM.
Jan 07, 2019, 12:49 PM
Just as a datapoint, my Kopis has been 100% OK right out of the box and I run it on 6S most of the time.
Jan 07, 2019, 09:49 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Here is the maiden flight from Christmas Day. It was on 4S.

CRASH KOPIS 2 RAW (1 min 5 sec)
Jan 08, 2019, 12:36 AM
Just for input as well I also just got one of these birds for Xmas. So far it has flown very smooth. She's my first 5" so coming from flying 3" she feels much slower, but much lighter and smoother with what feels like more hang time. Very "floaty" if you will.
The only issue I have been having is with the amp sensor. If I configure it as default then the display only reads zeros. If I set it up as onboard ADC then I get a reading but it's way off and doesn't increase with throttle like it should. Not a super big deal but other than that she has been really solid so far. Once I get this amp thing figured out I'll be pretty satisfied.
Jan 08, 2019, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1
Here is the maiden flight from Christmas Day. It was on 4S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKi0uxug0-Q
Well... darn it!
Jan 08, 2019, 01:53 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogship
Just for input as well I also just got one of these birds for Xmas. So far it has flown very smooth. She's my first 5" so coming from flying 3" she feels much slower, but much lighter and smoother with what feels like more hang time. Very "floaty" if you will.
The only issue I have been having is with the amp sensor. If I configure it as default then the display only reads zeros. If I set it up as onboard ADC then I get a reading but it's way off and doesn't increase with throttle like it should. Not a super big deal but other than that she has been really solid so far. Once I get this amp thing figured out I'll be pretty satisfied.

I posted screenshots of default Ports and Power tab settings, in the first message, chapter 3.
Jan 10, 2019, 10:49 PM
It's starting to look like my amp sensor is messed up somehow. I just can't get this thing to work correctly. I would like to see the amps I am pulling but in the end I guess it's not really that big of a deal.
Jan 11, 2019, 12:53 AM
Jan 11, 2019, 04:23 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogship
It's starting to look like my amp sensor is messed up somehow. I just can't get this thing to work correctly. I would like to see the amps I am pulling but in the end I guess it's not really that big of a deal.

So you applied my settings, and it still doesn't work?
Jan 12, 2019, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
So you applied my settings, and it still doesn't work?
Yeah, still no luck. I have it now where the OSD for amperage actually shows numbers but it shows it's pulling 20amps just sitting there with no motors armed.
Then you arm the motors and fly and it still just stays at 20amps which the mah gauge it climbing fast. So I adjusted the the scale to make it more accurate but I had to go from 400 to 5000 to make it more accurate (2amps at idle and mah is much slower) but then when I fly it still doesn't increase so something isn't right. I'm going to try a few other configs before I call it a loss and remove that info from the OSD. Would be nice to get it working correctly though.

Quick Reply