Nov 29, 2018, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
Thanks! Since the OSD menus are giving me different choices from what's on the Tx I think I'll go with manual settings.

BTW, it's a real monster on 6S. I got 5040 props to go with the 6S. It really screams and the motors don't get hot. I'll have to note peak amps next flight. It's getting back to raining here...
Your Kopis 2 is all stock and you're running 6S?
If so did you ever try 5S as well?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2018, 01:45 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstone
Have not flown mini quads in over 3 years now... I do mostly plane proximity desert flying. That said I picked up a hawk 5 a few weeks ago and the Kopsis 2 came in today.

Did 4 flights on the Kopsis today. I like it except for the camera. The sharpness and resolution on the micro swift is just not on par with the micro arrow. Its got good color and looks great just the resolution is bad. When your play ground is full of cactus, rocks, bushes and small trees and your ripping along low at high speed that ability to make out detail becomes critical. I will end up replacing the camera.

Flight wise it was similar to the hawk 5 but a bit more lively.

Really nice quad for the price.

NS
Did you try re-focus the camera? I did find that even though RunCam is a good brand, even identical cameras can be different. Some feel like having more depth, despite being fitted with the same lens, and same image sensor. Even the worst ones still have good picture, but the best ones just feel more lifelike. Still, it can't compete with new Cmos with over 1000 lines image, but the light handling is often still much better.

Quote:
Thanks! Since the OSD menus are giving me different choices from what's on the Tx I think I'll go with manual settings.

BTW, it's a real monster on 6S. I got 5040 props to go with the 6S. It really screams and the motors don't get hot. I'll have to note peak amps next flight. It's getting back to raining here...

These motors are great indeed. I can't get them to warm up with stock props, no matter how harsh I get on the throttle.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Nov 29, 2018, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogship
Your Kopis 2 is all stock and you're running 6S?
If so did you ever try 5S as well?
Nope... no 5S. I just jumped straight to 6S. It's rated for 4S to 6S so I thought I'd go for it. I did prop it down a little though... to 5040's. I felt I had to give it some kind of break!
Nov 29, 2018, 11:55 PM
FPV REBEL ALLIANCE
The micro swift is a good camera. IQ is good. If I was racing or doing freestyle it would be great. Most folks don't fly like I do and don't have my needs.

I live in Arizona and we have huge amounts of awesome terrain and thats what I like to fly. Off road to out of the way spots and fly really cool terrain. I love being right on the deck blasting through stuff at high speed. whats critical for me is resolution. I need to see the small stuff as far off as I possibly can. Other wise it can be a hell of a hike over really nasty terrain.

The place I test my gear at has a large soccer field. If I can see the goal on one end clearly from the other goal the camera meets my needs. I could not resolve the goal till mid field on the micro swift.

Im going to see if I can get more out of the swift... If not its no biggie.

The Kopsis 2 is an excellent quad... Amazing to get this quality and performance in a bind and fly. Highly recommended!!!

NS

[QUOTE=SoloProFan;40556737]Did you try re-focus the camera? I did find that even though RunCam is a good brand, even identical cameras can be different. Some feel like having more depth, despite being fitted with the same lens, and same image sensor. Even the worst ones still have good picture, but the best ones just feel more lifelike. Still, it can't compete with new Cmos with over 1000 lines image, but the light handling is often still much better./QUOTE]
Nov 30, 2018, 01:11 AM
Quote:
The micro swift is a good camera. IQ is good. If I was racing or doing freestyle it would be great. Most folks don't fly like I do and don't have my needs.

I live in Arizona and we have huge amounts of awesome terrain and thats what I like to fly. Off road to out of the way spots and fly really cool terrain. I love being right on the deck blasting through stuff at high speed. whats critical for me is resolution. I need to see the small stuff as far off as I possibly can. Other wise it can be a hell of a hike over really nasty terrain.

The place I test my gear at has a large soccer field. If I can see the goal on one end clearly from the other goal the camera meets my needs. I could not resolve the goal till mid field on the micro swift.

Im going to see if I can get more out of the swift... If not its no biggie.

The Kopsis 2 is an excellent quad... Amazing to get this quality and performance in a bind and fly. Highly recommended!!!

NS
What do you think of the Foxeer Micro Falcor? I got a regular size Falcor as a decent pilot cam for our Inspire 2s. We just tested it today and it looks great! You can set it to do widescreen (16:9). We're running it on 1.3GHz

Another I was thinking about is the Runcam Micro Eagle.
Dec 03, 2018, 06:12 PM
FPV REBEL ALLIANCE
Posting a Crash report...

Hit A full size soccer goal post dead on at around 60mph. No damage. One bent prop. Left white paint embedded on the quad.

Was doing high speed dives with punch outs at the end... went a bit high. Thought for sure I was going to be picking up pieces.

Quad is very crash resistant...

NS
Dec 04, 2018, 01:07 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Posting a Crash report...

Hit A full size soccer goal post dead on at around 60mph. No damage. One bent prop. Left white paint embedded on the quad.

Was doing high speed dives with punch outs at the end... went a bit high. Thought for sure I was going to be picking up pieces.

Quad is very crash resistant...

NS

Thanks for confirming. All the people who initially raved about Holybro "going cheap" when using sandwich frame instead of full carbon, which on many budget brands you may wonder just how "full" that carbon really is, have luckily been proven wrong. The frame is actually more expensive to produce than a regular carbon one, and crash reports, like yours and from others, have confirmed that it's at least as durable as regular carbon.

With that settled, we can just enjoy how awesome it flies, basically on any supported battery.
Dec 15, 2018, 01:44 AM
Thread OP
Still my favorite 5 inch, even though the Hawk 5 is very nice too. But the Kopis 2 performs very similar, except it has better stamina on the same battery. With the Hawk 5 I'm lucky to get up to 4 minutes with a battery that can rather easily get up to 5 minutes on the Kopis 2
Dec 23, 2018, 04:49 AM
Anyone run this with a 6S battery yet? I'm only getting about 40 amps on full throttle punch-outs. I was expecting more. Maybe the batteries aren't up to it? I got Tattu 6S 1,000mah 75C. Maybe 75C isn't enough and I'm getting too much voltage drop?
Dec 23, 2018, 06:46 AM

6s

Quote:
Anyone run this with a 6S battery yet? I'm only getting about 40 amps on full throttle punch-outs. I was expecting more. Maybe the batteries aren't up to it? I got Tattu 6S 1,000mah 75C. Maybe 75C isn't enough and I'm getting too much voltage drop?

6S 1050 95C here - though only test flown in living room; smooth AF! =)
1000 W does sound pretty low though - how’s handling, accel. etc?
Dec 23, 2018, 07:10 AM
Thread OP
Tattu 75 series aren't that powerful. They save the really good batteries for the R-line series, I believe. Try to get some Infinity or Gaoneng, and I bet it will be more punchy.

Btw, what is the voltage when you punch out? If you let the OSD display voltage per cell, it might be easier to spot if the battery is sagging.
Dec 23, 2018, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmariboe
6S 1050 95C here - though only test flown in living room; smooth AF! =)
1000 W does sound pretty low though - how’s handling, accel. etc?
Yeah.... I've been flying for 40 years and this is the smoothest thing... just as smooth as the DJI I2 we use for cinema level video but a whole lot more fun! I've been running through trees in a forest out in back and having a blast. I think accel is about what it is with the 1550mah 4S Tattus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Tattu 75 series aren't that powerful. They save the really good batteries for the R-line series, I believe. Try to get some Infinity or Gaoneng, and I bet it will be more punchy.

Btw, what is the voltage when you punch out? If you let the OSD display voltage per cell, it might be easier to spot if the battery is sagging.
I got Tattus because they and GensAce became my favs for my large quads. But they were 10,000mah 6S of only 15 to 25c so the application they were in never really pushed them.

I'll monitor the cell voltage. Great idea. I do get a low battery warning beep when I punch out later in the flight so it does sag. Maybe I'll set the low battery warning high... to what it should be holding on a fresh battery punch-out and see if it beeps. What voltage should a good pack hold in your experience?

Thanks for the battery suggestions.
Dec 23, 2018, 03:03 PM
Thread OP
I think a good battery should not beep on full throttle in the first few minutes of the flight. In cold weather this might happen a bit sooner. Apart from response to full throttle punches, there is a second thing to monitor, the voltage during hover, cruising around. During the start of the flight, I prefere it to stay above 3.7 volts per cell, and when it gets close to 3.5 volts per cell, I land. On really good batteries, I raise this value to 3.6 volts per cell, as better batteries tend to drop really fast when near empty. I've had a few times where after the 3.5 volts per cell point was reached, there was barely enough left for a controlled landing.
Dec 23, 2018, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I think a good battery should not beep on full throttle in the first few minutes of the flight. In cold weather this might happen a bit sooner. Apart from response to full throttle punches, there is a second thing to monitor, the voltage during hover, cruising around. During the start of the flight, I prefere it to stay above 3.7 volts per cell, and when it gets close to 3.5 volts per cell, I land. On really good batteries, I raise this value to 3.6 volts per cell, as better batteries tend to drop really fast when near empty. I've had a few times where after the 3.5 volts per cell point was reached, there was barely enough left for a controlled landing.
Well that's good. I can nail it most of the flight with no warning beep. It's only at the end. Good deal.

I'll check the hover/cruise voltage too.
Dec 28, 2018, 02:09 AM
Just to update y'all on some results. I propped up to 5045 for running 6S. Kinda' crazy with 2400kv motors, right? I haven't been able to actually fly it yet, but hand-held it was 72 amps at 20 volts. It will unload in flight so I'd expect the amps to go down and voltage go up. Nothing got hot! I thought 6S 5" quads had around 1700kv motors. This combo seems crazy but nothing broke.

Quick Reply