Oct 31, 2020, 11:07 PM
Hi Henry!
Maybe minimosd version will work, it has quadplane there.
It's actually interesting, what's the difference in hardware between both.
And here is the font.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2020, 02:13 PM
SILURIA / UK
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx_Heli
okay...got new micro minimosds and they have bootloader and everything works....

a couple of questions:

1. Am loading for ArduPilot....notice only aero and mulitcopter options, but minimosd also had quadplane....am I missing something using aero?

2. I customize my fonts...but its been so long I lost my 4 year old font file.....trying to use the excel spreadsheet to generate the 1.9.2 mcm font files, but I cant get it to work.....I have turned off macro security but pressing generate mcm does nothing.... if someone could tell me what I might be doing wrong, or just generate the default.mcm file, I would appreciate it...
Quadplane is almost same as plane, but also has extra modes displayed when in use:

"QSTB"; // Quadplane - like copter STABILIZE
"QHOV"; // Quadplane - like copter ALT HOLD
"QLTR"; // Quadplane - like copter LOITER
"QLND"; // Quadplane - like copter LAND
"QRTL"; // Quadplane - like copter RTL
"QACR"; // Quadplane - ACRO
Nov 03, 2020, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikra
Quadplane is almost same as plane, but also has extra modes displayed when in use:

"QSTB"; // Quadplane - like copter STABILIZE
"QHOV"; // Quadplane - like copter ALT HOLD
"QLTR"; // Quadplane - like copter LOITER
"QLND"; // Quadplane - like copter LAND
"QRTL"; // Quadplane - like copter RTL
"QACR"; // Quadplane - ACRO
Too bad ,most of my planes are quad planes...my options?
Nov 03, 2020, 05:18 PM
SILURIA / UK
Thread OP
How do you mean?
This is supported in MWOSD latest version for ardupilot
Nov 03, 2020, 09:08 PM
Quote:
How do you mean?
This is supported in MWOSD latest version for ardupilot
I have a micro minimOSD (ie with the new video chip) not a minimOSD..in the MWOSD GUI for flashing..only Minimosd firmware give you the choice of Quadplane, Plane, or Multicopter....micro minimosd only has Plane or Multicopter....how do I get proper Quadplane modes using the microminimosd?
Nov 04, 2020, 03:37 AM
Did you try minimosd FW (not micro)? I'm sure there is no difference which one to use for Ardupilot.
Nov 04, 2020, 06:47 AM
SILURIA / UK
Thread OP
Yes - functionally they are the same. It is just cosmetic for GUI.
Nov 05, 2020, 08:07 AM
SILURIA / UK
Thread OP
Google provides some interesting stats.

So far this year:
6800 people have used MWOSD
26000 boards have been flashed successfully
Betaflight is most popular followed closely by Ardupilot. Then iNav and PX4
Most users are in US, followed closely by Russia. Then Germany, Brazil and France.
Nov 05, 2020, 08:48 AM
That's impressing!
Nov 09, 2020, 05:22 PM

MAH display and battery icon

Using ArduPilot, and getting current from FC....was wondering how the MAH used display value is determined....also the battery level icon
ArduPilot does send a current total used mavlink message, but not a percentage used....is the icon voltage or current consumed based?

and....I noticed on a recent flight that the mah display in the OSD was very very different than what ArudPilot logged as total mah consumed for the flight....I also noticed that on landing I had a quick glitch (have to check the wiring to the osd) that reset the OSD and it started showing 0mah consumed which leads me to believe that MSOSD is computing this instead of using the MAVLink reported value....

so, how are both of those computed for display?
Nov 10, 2020, 11:24 AM
SILURIA / UK
Thread OP
Hi

MWOSD originated from multiwii world, so some of the way it operates is a little different to ardu family

Battery icon level - this is computed from battery voltage. It is default rather than current because many do not have current sensor (appreciate not the case with ardu!)

mAh consumed - this is calculated on OSD by current drawn. It samples every second and sums up the total value.
In Ardu I have never seen a mavlink value for mAh only % of battery used. I had a quick look at minimosdextra and it looks like they have to calculate it in similar way too.

For mavlink - could use the battery remaining % value to battery level icon.
In MWOS if use arduino upload method and edit config.h you can set it to use current used instead.

I'll see if can amend icon to use battery level for mavlink in next release.
Nov 10, 2020, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Hi

MWOSD originated from multiwii world, so some of the way it operates is a little different to ardu family

Battery icon level - this is computed from battery voltage. It is default rather than current because many do not have current sensor (appreciate not the case with ardu!)

mAh consumed - this is calculated on OSD by current drawn. It samples every second and sums up the total value.
In Ardu I have never seen a mavlink value for mAh only % of battery used. I had a quick look at minimosdextra and it looks like they have to calculate it in similar way too.

For mavlink - could use the battery remaining % value to battery level icon.
In MWOS if use arduino upload method and edit config.h you can set it to use current used instead.

I'll see if can amend icon to use battery level for mavlink in next release.
yep..sorry....was thinking of a dataflash log value...it logs in consumed mah.....mavlink sends % used....any possiblity of electing to display that % vs a computed value for the current consumption panel?

I compared again during a flight vs what is being reported by ArduPilot and it was close...not exact since AP computes at 100hz...MWOSD seemed a little low (~5%)....close enough, but the % option from Mavlink would be nice....thats what the old MinnimOSD reported I think
Nov 26, 2020, 05:02 AM
Hamburger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx_Heli
of course, ordered this one which I have used before... https://www.readytoflyquads.com/micr...ab7456-version
Beware of witespy / readytoflyquads. See here for others' late experiences. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...eadytoFlyQuads.
or here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...from-this-shop!
Last edited by hamburger; Nov 26, 2020 at 05:17 AM.
Nov 26, 2020, 07:09 AM
it's been like that for years
but not for everyone
Nov 26, 2020, 12:03 PM
SILURIA / UK
Thread OP
The hardware linked is good. Can't talk for the store as not used it for years.

Currently the best hardware is the Aeromax minim - (full disclosure - it's one of my spec designs). Used by US military and other NATO forces. Yep they use hobby grade gear when its appropriate

Quick Reply