This thread is privately moderated by A Useless Geek, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 07, 2018, 07:10 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Thread OP
Alert

I am no longer on Skype

Microsloth has screwed up Skype in a big way. The Android version now has that kaka Cortana POS built into it in such a way that it can't be disabled. I don't need every IM I send to another user being examined by Microschlock for something they can sell me. No, thanks.

The desktop version worked fine for a number of years before Microslack ever even heard of them. Now they have a new version that takes away a bunch of the base features that I needed to use on a daily basis and replaces them with Microslishski stupidity. They were planning to force all Skype desktop users into the V8 camp on 1 September, but relented under a barrage of complaints from the entire Internet, so it seems. However, M$ isn't saying how long before they force the changeover, so I decided to go with the original 1 Sep date to cut them off.

All of my Skype accounts have been canceled and the application removed from my phone and desktop machines. If you want to IM me use Tox (toxme.io: MartySchrader), Telegram (MartySchrader), or Google Hangouts (MartySchrader). Otherwise, revert to email. Heh.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply