This thread is privately moderated by Slider2732, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 06, 2018, 09:39 PM
Storm Runner guy
Thread OP
Discussion

Santa Quad RX - Throttle and Ailerons Firmware

The Silverware firmware has now been edited to enable throttle and ailerons, for fixed wing flight.
1 or 2 motors for throttle, actuators on the wings for ailerons. The gyro is disabled in firmwares so far, to enable old school control systems and negate issues with long wingspans or lack of dihedral.

The demo build has been a quick polystyrene plate thing, but, flies really quite nicely with this new system. 20g AUW with a 150mA 1S. Motor is a stock Santa Quad (JJRC H67) 7mm, with a Hubsan H107C prop.

Silverware files attached...now featuring a 'Styles' folder. Within that folder, firmwares can be found for different flight controls. They may well be added to in the future. For now, they are 2 motor differential thrust and motors + ailerons.
Command line instructions are included for Linux (I use Mint 18.3)
Differential thrust firmware is for the 2 rear motor pads, with the 2 front pads enabled for regular throttle control if wished.
Ailerons firmware is again for the rear 2 motor connections, back left for the left, back right for the right. The 2 pads at the front of the RX are again for regular throttle control of 1 or 2 motors.

Demo of controls and flight: The hatcam has a couple of glitches, but shows the pleasantly responsive actuator aileron control. Also a loop and the closest fly by possible, striking the hatcam !

Santa RX - Actuator ailerons (3 min 55 sec)

Firmware attached below.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2018, 01:48 PM
That is an excellent project!
Great work.
My Granddaughter and I just completed making some gliders out of the styrofoam plate material and it worked great on that project as well.
I'm thinking of doing a similar project.
Big Thumbs-Up!
Happy Flying!
Sep 08, 2018, 12:52 PM
Storm Runner guy
Thread OP
Styrofoam plates FTW !
It's so good to teach little ones and then see the results fly well. Mind you, if you are 93 your Granddaughter could be in her 40's lol

Am hoping the 'Styles' folder can contain lots of flying options, elevons, traditional T/R/E, diff thrust, ailerons. Completely ideal would be a way to select each firmware option from the stock transmitter, with so called gestures. Moving the right stick down twice perhaps then up, or right, or down, or left to select 4 different types of flight control. The Style selected then being saved to the RX for next time.

Happy flying too

Quick Reply