Feb 14, 2020, 09:50 AM
I use a 150 psi (10.3 bar) air compressor to dry my boat and clear out the cooling system after every run. My ESC had a slight clog of glue in one of the barbs that I drilled out, but that was when I first bought the boat — before the thousands of solder melting ruined days out on the water.

I assumed I voided my warranty by temporarily running the aftermarket prop, and thought it would be unethical to try to take advantage of it.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2020, 03:44 PM
Resistance is futile
From my limited experience Pro Boat seems to be very good regarding responding to warranty issues with their products. Just call or email them. Never hurts to ask them questions.
[email protected]
Feb 26, 2020, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me
looks to be running well in that video .i wonder what the specs are on the dasboata prop?
I wasn't going to release any info on this prop at all, but I elected to call it the SuperSonic 3 so Chris could sell it under that name. People can thank the disrespecting "Exclusive clan" that seem to rather tune their mouths instead of their tuning their boats (so to speak) in the "members only groups online" as well for that. So at this time Chris or I have no intentions to release this info on this special order custom prop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinh50
I thought the Super Sonic prop from dasboater on the Sonicwake was only intended for for a few SAW type runs & not circuits or longer sport running.
Yes, true Martin. A couple of Saw passes only for the SuperSonic 3 the SuperSonic 2 can be ran through an entire pack.
Last edited by MADRCER; Feb 26, 2020 at 10:08 PM.
Feb 26, 2020, 09:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADRCER

Yes, true Martin. A couple of Saw passes only for the SuperSonic 3 the SuperSonic 2 can be ran through an entire pack.
oh cool..didnt know that .
Feb 27, 2020, 05:20 AM
Quote:
oh cool..didnt know that .
Hi helizrnew2me,

I believe that the propeller for making is:

Octura x445 (SuperSonic 2)
Octura x447 / Octura x645 / Octura x646 / Octura m545 / Octura m645 (SuperSonic 3)

Each of these propellers costs approximately $ 13 in OSE
SuperSonic costs $ 50 (approximately)
If you polish with a sandpaper 300/400 (with care), sharpen, and balance with "Dubro Tru-Spin Prop Balance", $ 24 in OSE, there will be no differences in speed.

If you need help preparing the propeller there is a lot of information in: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...hp?albumid=991
Feb 27, 2020, 06:11 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosAC
Hi helizrnew2me,

I believe that the propeller for making is:

Octura x445 (SuperSonic 2)
Octura x447 / Octura x645 / Octura x646 / Octura m545 / Octura m645 (SuperSonic 3)

Each of these propellers costs approximately $ 13 in OSE
SuperSonic costs $ 50 (approximately)
If you polish with a sandpaper 300/400 (with care), sharpen, and balance with "Dubro Tru-Spin Prop Balance", $ 24 in OSE, there will be no differences in speed.

If you need help preparing the propeller there is a lot of information in: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...hp?albumid=991
thanks friend . i know these things but i just buy the cnc prop if i want ready to go or buy octura already prepped from members usually . i did buy a ose x645 awhile back and that set me back 50.00 .
Feb 27, 2020, 06:33 AM
Quote:
thanks friend . i know these things but i just buy the cnc prop if i want ready to go or buy octura already prepped from members usually . i did buy a ose x645 awhile back and that set me back 50.00 .
Yes, this is the price of the prepared propeller ($ 50), price in OSE or any other location.
As I am unable to pay this amount (not that it is expensive), I needed to learn how to do the service, as I have many propellers and it is very expensive to pay for the service at all.
Today I have as my greatest fun polishing, sharpening and balancing my propellers.
Feb 27, 2020, 05:04 PM
There is no substitute for raw speed other than using a full blown Pro race prepped prop. Trust me on this one
Last edited by MADRCER; Feb 27, 2020 at 06:01 PM.
Feb 27, 2020, 05:53 PM
It's true, I noticed the post [#811] that has photos, Supersonic 3 is (It seems to be) ABC/3 with rounded ends.
Mar 14, 2020, 08:26 PM

Can I run this on 6s safely unlike the spartan?

I really want to get the spartan and run it on two 11.1v 3s 8400mah packs and put the dual water pickup on it but Iíve heard so many bad things about running it on 6s. Can anyone please give me some detailed opinions on doing this? If not what boat I can run for 15 mins and go 50+
Thanks! James
Mar 16, 2020, 02:43 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesta94
I really want to get the spartan and run it on two 11.1v 3s 8400mah packs and put the dual water pickup on it but Iíve heard so many bad things about running it on 6s. Can anyone please give me some detailed opinions on doing this? If not what boat I can run for 15 mins and go 50+
Thanks! James
what makes you say you cant run a spartan on 6s? thats all i ever ran mine one .two 3s 5000,ah . your problem was probably the 8400 mah packs . boats cannot run long times with big lipos like that unless you are on top of the cooling .

the spartan actually gave me my longest run times .sometimes over 10 minutes of mixed driving . no other boat has done that on 5000 mah for me .

in stock form the sonicwake will not run more then 5 minutes on 6s safely .most proboats are on the edge of burning things up on 6s to begin with . hence why cooling mods are some the first things people do .

8400 packs are heavy ,especially 2 of them . that makes a boat run wet which also increases heat .and the longer run time is not on your side .just longer to heat things up even more .

personally i never run more then 5000 mah . i think thats pushing it far enough . after 5 minutes a fe boat needs a rest

Quick Reply