Got mine coming in the black scheme!!!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2018, 01:22 AM
big ignore list/drama is dumb
Red would be cool
Sep 09, 2018, 07:06 AM
Bret Martin

Inside picture

Is there a picture of the inside showing motor, esc, battery layout?
Sep 09, 2018, 07:16 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickZERO
Is there a picture of the inside showing motor, esc, battery layout?
first post
Sep 09, 2018, 07:37 AM
Bret Martin
Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me
first post
Thanks!! Duh, I knew I saw it somewhere. I am 72 and sometimes forget stuff. (That is my excuse and I am sticking to it)
Sep 09, 2018, 08:17 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Thanks!! Duh, I knew I saw it somewhere. I am 72 and sometimes forget stuff. (That is my excuse and I am sticking to it)
its a good excuse i am 20 years younger and have the same excuse .oh heres another shot for you .click it to make it bigger
Sep 09, 2018, 08:26 AM
Flyin Acehole
Quote:
I hope I'm enjoying this hobby still when and if I reach your age. I'm 44 this year and I have a lot of older friends your age I met at my flying club. We love to meet up at the field and talk ,have lunch and enjoy our models. This hobby thing we do really brings so much joy and camaraderie. The age span of what we all do is just amazing to me, it's brings people together. Been into Rc since I was 7 yrs old and never stopped. Sometimes I'm embarrassed though because my girlfriend looks at me like I'm nuts lol. I saw you posted your age and it just encouraged me to post this. Sorry guys if I went off topic. It just made me smile I guess.
Sep 09, 2018, 08:46 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumthumbsFRANKIE
Sometimes I'm embarrassed though because my girlfriend looks at me like I'm nuts lol. I saw you posted your age and it just encouraged me to post this. Sorry guys if I went off topic. It just made me smile I guess.
Hi Frankie,

I'm 65 and every now and then I get odd looks from people passing by when I'm running my boats in the canal near our house, most just look at the boat though and completely ignore the fact it's an old guy playing with his boats
My wife is completely adjusted to my hobbies and only warns me not to fall in...

Regarding the picture; I would think a 'professional' boat manufacturer would know by now to feed the cooling water to the ESC first, followed by the motor, than overboard.
Also turning the top nipple to the highest point to avoid trapping air inside the jacket is a no brainer.

Regards, Jan.
Sep 09, 2018, 09:36 AM

Nipple

If you notice the nipple is not at the high point, that would hide the motor graphics, can't have that, LOL!
Sep 09, 2018, 10:01 AM
Bret Martin

Crowded in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me
its a good excuse i am 20 years younger and have the same excuse .oh heres another shot for you .click it to make it bigger
Looks pretty tight for a 36" boat. I have never been a fan of RTR since my first boat. It was a Lucas Oil which I had a lot of fun with but found it had it's limitations. Ever since I have built/assembled all my boats from Dumas Hot Shots, Delta Force, Mean Machine, etc, etc,.

However this one sounds interesting. I was going to build a 36"+ but I like the self righting. I can picture 3 or more of these all the same running laps around our buoys. A great break between running our more serious "race" boats. LOL
I realize RTR is a lot of compromises and HH sets them up to be (in my opinion) 5 cell boats. Slower on 4 cell but handle great and hit the magic 50 mph on 6 cell but taxing everything.
We run all our boats on 6 cell so would swap out the motor for something in the 1500 - 1600 Kv range and prop accordingly.
Sep 09, 2018, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pompebled
Regarding the picture; I would think a 'professional' boat manufacturer would know by now to feed the cooling water to the ESC first, followed by the motor, than overboard.
Also turning the top nipple to the highest point to avoid trapping air inside the jacket is a no brainer.

Regards, Jan.
Keep in mind that the motor has no protection like the esc, so cooling it first is like what many of us Racers do.
Also the current and past designers of ProBoat are actual racers.

I've never lost a speed control due to heat but have lost several motors pushing them hard.
Heck I know a few racers who don't cool the esc in a few boats.
Sep 09, 2018, 03:48 PM
It looks like it may be difficult to fit an upgraded 40 mm motor in around the end ring mount area of the mount.
Sep 09, 2018, 06:57 PM
Has the length and width of the battery tray been posted somewhere?
Sep 09, 2018, 10:16 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
we error on safety

And good for that too. One should NEVER run a fast electric in the water while people are out there, whether you consider yourself careful or not. Even the most careful human can have an accident.

THIS is why.... https://youtu.be/QPS64IR4Vl0?t=1m9s
Sep 10, 2018, 02:38 AM
Thanks, but considering that, we should also never run a RC plane anywhere too...as there is always some people around somewhere. I keep my distances from people allright (say 100 meters). Thanks again, Joao

Quick Reply