This thread is privately moderated by nigelsheffield, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 05, 2018, 01:18 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Betafpv beta65x 2s 7.4v brushless whoop.

Work in progress .
Betafpv beta65x 2s brushless review...flight video to follow. (9 min 15 sec)

Betafpv beta65x 2s whoop initial flight test, acro garden and house. (2 min 56 sec)

Just took delivery of this 2s whoop
Yes I did say 2s and its 65mm frame so true whoop size.
It has LOTS of power and decent 0802 motors with c clips and what looks like bearings.
Smart audio is working right out of the box and it's all tuned and flying right first time!

Check out the playlist here for more of this as I get better with it.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...4JcvCR_tz9DKq1

Attachment 11188806

Attachment 11188808

Attachment 11188810

Attachment 11190092

Attachment 11190093

I will add video to this review once I've got some decent footage.
But for now I can tell you might first flight indoors lasted 3 minutes and it's the fastest whoop I've ever flown by a long way and I've flown a LOT including the beta75 pro and boldclash b06 pro,
I expect flight times to be less once I get to use the power outside though.

It uses a harness to use your whoop 1s lipos and convert them to 2s which is handy if you have a bunch of them already,
Comes with a spare canopy and set of props and a couple of batteries , frsky Rx was already installed and just needed binding to my taranis.
Frame looks tough just like betafpv other frames( I've never Brocken one yet).

I'll fly this outside asap when it stops raining and report back on the flight time and hopefully with some on board video.

It is very fast and has a high camera angle but even so I was able to fly indoors without any trouble so I think this will be a blast to fly around the house and garden and take up the park.

Get it here https://betafpv.com/collections/2s-w...oop-quadcopter
At time of this review it is $129 which I think is well priced for such a state of the art whoop.

Let me know if there is anything you want to know!

Note it is advisable to bind in d8 mode, I bound in d16 and got some slight twitches that you might be able to see in the videos, in d8 this is gone.
Last edited by nigelsheffield; Sep 07, 2018 at 01:32 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2018, 05:32 AM
Thread OP
So there was some question as to whether or not this can fly indoors ok?
Not only can it fly but rolls and tight gaps tunnels etc are possible!!!

Betafpv beta65x 2s brushless whoop indoor rolls and flying round tables and through tiny gaps etc (1 min 59 sec)
Dec 11, 2018, 02:48 PM

Beta 75x question...

My whoop arrived without a bind button. Do I use betaflight to bind it and how? Sorry, I'm very new to this.
Dec 11, 2018, 03:11 PM
Thread OP
Which version do you have?
Frsky flysky DSM or pnp?
Bind button is tiny and on the reciever itself.
Jan 13, 2019, 11:29 AM
Got a 65X now, and I'm worried about two things. First, the battery: my BetaFPV 300mAh 1s packs give me a "land now" warning within about 10 seconds of flying, I'm not sure how far I can push this thing, though. Second, the four-blade props sit higher than the three-blade ones on the brushed 65 and, therefore, stick out from the duct. This means they catch onto things much more easily, causing damage both to whatever I hit and to the propeller itself (already had to replace one after two flights, while on the brushed 65, I'm still on the first set of props after lots of flying).

So: there are 31mm three-blade props with 1mm shaft holes around, have you tested those? If I get a little less performance but the duct actually covers the props and I do less damage to everything, then it might be worthwhile.
Jan 13, 2019, 11:38 AM
Thread OP
Set up your low voltage alarms to something like 3.1v

The props on mine are ok iirc, maybe they sit a little higher than the brushed ones though.
Are they sitting all the way down on the shaft? If not you could maybe drill them out a bit further.
Jan 13, 2019, 12:05 PM
Yes, they sit on the shaft. I might try and drill some 65 props to 1mm just to test them.

Another issue, more serious still: my 65X reset itself in mid-flight. At some point, I guess when the battery gets weaker, I lose FPV feed and the quad drops out of the sky. Then, a few seconds later, it all comes back again, ESCs reinitialize, and I can keep flying a little longer. This reminds me of the now defunct dustX58 and is really annoying. Do you experience anything like this?
Jan 13, 2019, 12:30 PM
Thread OP
No I never had any resets with this.
Even when battery gets very low all it does is get weak on power.
Sounds like you have a fault of some sort, check all the wires etc are seated properly ..
And a tap around with a plastic screwdriver end or something whilst the quad is armed to see if you can make it do it again.

Quick Reply