This thread is privately moderated by schumixmd, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 04, 2018, 11:22 AM
Thread OP
Cool

FrSky Horus realistic soundpack

I've got my FrSky Horus X10 about month ago. I have updated it directly to OpenTX. I have to say that this is my first time I play with OpenTX (moved from Hitec Aurora 9 and Spektrum DX8) and yet - I don't regret.

The voice functionality in OpenTX is great. Maybe default sound pack is not ideal, but Amber soundpack completes it and you have sounds for every single function/mode/switch you toggle if you need, but somehow, I wanted to add some realism to my flying experience and if I can't do it in real life, I can use some Airliner sounds on my TX.

I don't know if there are already any realistic soundpacks for OpenTX, but nevertheless I have compiled mine, which I would gladly share with you.
Here's a the list of sounds, in the style of Boeing 737, available in the soundpack:
  • Altitude alert
  • Altitude alert 2
  • Set altitude enter
  • AP Disconnect
  • AP Disconnect 2
  • Aproaching minimums
  • Flight Attendant chime in
  • Bank angle
  • Don't Sink
  • Too Low - Flaps
  • Too Low - Gear
  • Too Low - Terrain
  • Minimums
  • Overspeed clicking sound
  • Pull Up
  • Sink Rate
  • Jet Turbine Startup
  • Terrain
  • Terrain Pull Up
  • Windshear

Also the soundpack replaces the file SYSTEM/hello.vaw - but this time not with a realistic one but with a very fun one, but I'll let it as a bonus for you to discover.
I have installed the Amber and didn't found any filename conflicts, but is up to you to take care of not overwriting your files.

The sound pack is attached here and also stored in Dropbox and can be downloaded HERE!

Update: The sound pack has been uploaded to GitHub. One can now download it, file by file.
Last edited by schumixmd; Sep 10, 2018 at 12:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply