Oct 13, 2018, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy
ok... changed out the EC3 on the batteries and got to do a couple test flights out on the patio... niiice power and those LEDs are bright!

Hhhmm... I thought the LEDs were configurable but not seeing anything in the manual on how to so maybe the aren't

think I'm feelin' an FPV adventure coming on... going to cruise around the yard ... cant wait until tomorrow
...so compared to the Introdux, what’s your honest opinion? Would you recommend this as a good starting point for someone looking to get into fpv and/or racing drones.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2018, 08:00 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
to be clear, are you referring to this Inductrix BNF with SAFE Technology (BLH8780)?

if so, yep... I think this version of it Inductrix FPV + BNF (BLH9680) would be a great choice over the above Inductrix BNF with SAFE Technology (BLH8780)

ya might pop over to the InducTrix FPV+ thread for a lot of feedback from the guys there

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcanrcfly
...so compared to the Introdux, what’s your honest opinion? Would you recommend this as a good starting point for someone looking to get into fpv and/or racing drones.
Last edited by HuffDaddy; Oct 13, 2018 at 10:20 PM.
Oct 13, 2018, 09:33 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
does anyone know for sure if the LEDs are programmable or not ?

Last edited by HuffDaddy; Oct 13, 2018 at 10:21 PM.
Oct 13, 2018, 10:03 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
so trying to change the power settings according to the manual but I only get a single green light at any given time... as I push the canopy button the green LED moves to ea of the 3 positions but only a single light, never 2 solid (simultaneously) like the manual shows...I wonder if they mean the light just moves to the first, second and third position on each push of the button?

am I missing something?

Last edited by HuffDaddy; Oct 13, 2018 at 10:21 PM.
Oct 13, 2018, 10:26 PM
I kill batteries!
Based on the directions and how I interpret it...long press button A until a change in LED is seen. When the led changes, release button A, then long press button A again for another change. I don't read it as long press and then short press.
Oct 13, 2018, 10:29 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
do you read that as it will give two solid LEDs for 200w and three solid for the 600w?
I mean, thats what is says, but ...
Oct 13, 2018, 10:41 PM
I kill batteries!
Quote:
do you read that as it will give two solid LEDs for 200w and three solid for the 600w?
I mean, thats what is says, but ...
Yes I read that and would expect to see all leds off, one led solid, or two leds solid, or three leds solid for each setting.

What I mentioned is what I would have tried in changing the settings.

Too bad it's not a vtx that is capable of uart control or you could change those settings in the cli of betaflight, reboot and have it come up.
Oct 13, 2018, 10:56 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
the manual doesn't tell us what LED position (1st, 2nd or 3rd LED) is for the 25w - 200w - 600w ... looking at the way the manual shows it my thinking is that since the channels are in the order they are, 1 being at that one end and the higher (8) at the other end I wonder if that holds true to the LEDs for the vtx power... so its either 25w or 600w on either end of those three LED positions and 200w would be in the middle... oooor... is the flight controller not working properly... hhmmm

I guess I will try all three tomorrow to see if I can tell somehow... no matter how I press to select it only gives me a single green LED... and you're right, would have been nice to be able to program in betaflight

thanks for your feedback sir
Oct 13, 2018, 11:04 PM
I kill batteries!
As I re-read the instructions it sounds like your vtx is off or in pit mode.

The manual states to not change channel/band/power when the vtx is transmitting OR not in pit mode.

So if you are only getting one solid led when trying to change the power settings maybe you have to make your changes and then turn the vtx back on to transmit.

It's weird because the handful of vtx's I have and use (smartaudio and tramp) I never need to go into pit mode or stop transmission in order to change band, channel or power level.

Seems like a weird vtx implementation.
Oct 13, 2018, 11:14 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
as soon as the batter connects the video comes on in my goggles so its automatic... I need to figure out how to stop the video transmission maybe....
Oct 13, 2018, 11:23 PM
I kill batteries!
Try connecting your battery then long pressing button A without releasing...just keep holding it down.

See if it starts to cycle through the different LED combinations or if just stays on a single led.
Oct 13, 2018, 11:45 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
nothing different... that was a good idea and thought you called it... hold it long enough and the green light goes off...

I wonder how to shut off the band and channel LEDs ... is that what shuts off the video transmission? prob not... as I am understanding it its the green LEDs for is the video transmission power...doesn't make sense to turn off the vtx transmission when the same button makes the power selection...

this is confusing...

Only change the video channel and band when the video
transmitter is not transmitting a signal or is in Pit Mode.
If any of the green LEDs are glowing solid, see the
directions below to stop transmitting a video signal prior to
changing the channel or band.
Oct 13, 2018, 11:53 PM
I kill batteries!
Quote:
nothing different... that was a good idea and thought you called it... hold it long enough and the green light goes off...

I wonder how to shut off the band and channel LEDs ... is that what shuts off the video transmission? prob not... as I am understanding it its the green LEDs for is the video transmission power...doesn't make sense to turn off the vtx transmission when the same button makes the power selection...

this is confusing...

Only change the video channel and band when the video
transmitter is not transmitting a signal or is in Pit Mode.
If any of the green LEDs are glowing solid, see the
directions below to stop transmitting a video signal prior to
changing the channel or band.
Agreed it is confusing. From what you report long pressing button A is not actually changing anything based on the directions and the expected results of what you are seeing. Maybe the vtx is having a problem. A local hobbytown might help if there is one close to you.
Oct 13, 2018, 11:58 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
yep, my thoughts too... tried to call HH earlier this morning, of course they're not open today, will visit a LHS Monday...

I reeeeaally appreciate your tips & time Crash, thank you
Oct 14, 2018, 01:00 PM
Quote:
to be clear, are you referring to this Inductrix BNF with SAFE Technology (BLH8780)?

if so, yep... I think this version of it Inductrix FPV + BNF (BLH9680) would be a great choice over the above Inductrix BNF with SAFE Technology (BLH8780)

ya might pop over to the InducTrix FPV+ thread for a lot of feedback from the guys there
What I’m looking for is a worthwhile entry level quad for someone who’s proficient with fixed wing r/c (me). So would you recommend a good learning path as...first purchase the Inductrix, then after becoming proficient with that quad, move onto the Scimitar...and the from the Scimitar, its off to flying more advanced quads. I figured that since you own both the Inductrix and the Scimitar...you can offer some sound advice. ������

Geoffrey
Last edited by gcanrcfly; Oct 14, 2018 at 01:21 PM.

Quick Reply