Jan 03, 2003, 11:21 AM
Balsa Flies Better!

What about the Esprit Models kit?

Umm, if you're new to electrics, why not try the Esprit Models kit of the B-24- a bit smaller- designed for 4 Speed 400s, but you've got something that you know will fly electric, Plus, I think the kit is a bit cheaper than what Jack Stafford is nicking you for.

Sam
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2003, 03:39 PM
FASST flyer
It's a friend of mine and he already has the Jack Stafford kit and he's already completed a considerable amount of work on the fuse.
Jan 20, 2009, 03:58 AM

varying speed of multi motors to counter torque steer

Dan, if you put the #1 and #4 motors on 2 different rotary knobs on the tx, mixed into the throttle stick, you could tailor the thrust at will AND get that cool out of phase sound with the props, for that matter you could do it with one knob, turning left more speed on #1 motor, turn right, more speed on the #4.
One multi project I think it was a spruce goose, had 8 engines so #1,2,3 and 5 were on one and 4,6,7,8 on the other. This was of course necessary bcause it was a sea plane. I imagine that the one motor on the opposite inboard location helped to make throttle turns more realistic.

my 2 cents
scott cw
Jan 20, 2009, 03:59 AM

why not try the Esprit Models kit of the B-24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megowcoupe
Umm, if you're new to electrics, why not try the Esprit Models kit of the B-24- a bit smaller- designed for 4 Speed 400s, but you've got something that you know will fly electric, Plus, I think the kit is a bit cheaper than what Jack Stafford is nicking you for.

Sam

This is the kit I have, and it's a nice one. Anywone build this one?
scott cw
Mar 26, 2010, 01:51 AM
I have just acquired one of these kits. It all seems to be there including full size plans, but it has no instructions. Dose anyone know if it originally came with instructions? If it did, can anyone tell me how I can get a hold or a copy?
Mar 26, 2010, 12:01 PM

That Stafford B-24

It can be done! My friend Jerry Holcomb in Vancouver, WA, has been flying an electric conversion Stafford B-24 for some time. I have seen it in the air on multiple occasions, and it's an impressive model airplane.

Be warned, though...Jerry is a master builder and flyer and what looks easy when he does it might not actually be so.

I'm going to stick my neck out a bit and give you his email:
[email protected]

Bob Benjamin
Mar 26, 2010, 11:18 PM
Wowplanes has a B-24 that might interest you. They are serious builders-type models designed for electric power and made of foam, ply, etc. Take a serious look:

http://www.wowplanes.com/product_inf...roducts_id=139

Quick Reply