This thread is privately moderated by Ssayer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 04, 2018, 08:32 AM
Oldie, not Moldie
Thread OP
Discussion

Jumper T8SG Lite

Name: a.png
Views: 60
Size: 306.7 KB
Description:

https://www.banggood.com/Jumper-T8SG...gn=T8SG%20Lite

Banggood sent this to me for review. The good thing about Banggood is that they're a retailer and not the maker. I get to say it the way it is. If I weren't allowed to, I wouldn't be reviewing...

Pros:
1. Very good range.
2. The binding process was painless.
3. FrSky, FrSky V8, FrSkyX, Skyartec, S-FHSS, Corona, PPM, USBHID.
4. Programming is easy enough if you're familiar with Deviation firmware at all.
5. Deviation - which means that better things can come! The funny thing here is that some people regard Deviation as a con. I love it!
6. Ample screen size and brightness.
7. Size - you could carry this thing anywhere.
8. Price - If something were to happen to it, you wouldn't need to be devastated like you would be if your #1 transmitter got broken.
9. USB for upgrades and adding models that you can grab from Deviation as people add their specific models.
10. Two 3 position switches and two rotary.
11. Shows RSSI (with FrSky at least).

Cons:
1. To me, it's all about the sticks. The sticks are the interface between my mind and the quad (or sailplane). I could list a thousand Pros, and the sticks would still kill the deal for me. If they changed the "gimbals" to anything better, this review would be a heck of a lot more positive. Maybe if I were an XBox kind of guy or something, I might feel better about it, but I'm not. I'm an RC kind of guy...
- A. The feel of the stick movement is anything but smooth.
- B. The sticks only give full movement in one direction when the other channel on that same stick is close to being centered. (The total movement area is a circle verses a square *and it should be a square!*)
- C. Large dead band in center.
- D. Inconsistent center, inconsistent edges. Checking them in the channel monitor on the transmitter makes this extremely obvious.
2. Can't just be mine? A lot of my NiMh batteries (not all of them, but...) wouldn't make contact on the positive end due to the thickness of the plastic in the battery bay. It's easy enough to fix... I added a shim for testing, but would/will probably just put a dab of solder on the contacts for the positive terminals in the transmitter.

How did it feel flying a quad? It was just "ok". Hey, if I wanted to give someone that hasn't used a transmitter with decent sticks one of my old quads, I'd feel fine about giving them one of these with it. For me though? It's a pass...
Last edited by Ssayer; Sep 04, 2018 at 08:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 04, 2018, 08:32 AM
Oldie, not Moldie
Thread OP
Reserved

Quick Reply