Oct 20, 2019, 06:07 AM
Patrick Randall

L-39 LEDs - current used?

Thinking of adding a few more - anyone measured how many Amps they draw? (The standard set)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2019, 04:25 PM
Where did that tree come from?
Morning flight with my favorite jet.
Freewing L-39 flight 10.26.19 (3 min 59 sec)
Oct 26, 2019, 10:17 PM
I haven't measured the LED current, but it will be SMALL... Not even 1 amp....
A typical small 'bright' LED like in these is about 20mA to 50mA !! 20/1000ths of one Amp!
So you might hit 200-300mA in total when there are a bunch of them.
Oct 30, 2019, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrl
Morning flight with my favorite jet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWt5...ature=youtu.be
Awesome! Stock setup?
Oct 30, 2019, 06:58 AM
Patrick Randall

Ailerons on separate channels? Possible with MCB Blu Box?

I'd like to have control of each aileron independently but don't see any way of doing that - do I have to run separate leads to the Rx, bypassing the blue box?
Oct 30, 2019, 07:06 AM
Retired US Navy
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallp
I'd like to have control of each aileron independently but don't see any way of doing that - do I have to run separate leads to the Rx, bypassing the blue box?
Oct 30, 2019, 05:02 PM
Where did that tree come from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mig Flyer
Awesome! Stock setup?
Thanks and yes it is stock.
Oct 30, 2019, 08:55 PM
RCexplained on YouTube
I love this jet, it flies and lands very well. I want to get rid of the gear delay however. Do I just need to bypass the blue box as that is where the delay comes from?

Is one of the cable harnesses that go to the blue box for redundancy?
Oct 31, 2019, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randallp
I did this for mine to run separate flaps and ailerons. If you just want to run separate ailerons you actually don't need to completely bypass the blue box. Just use a separate lead for one aileron directly to the receiver. That way one aileron goes directly to the receiver, and the other goes to the blue box which also goes to the receiver. That's it.
Tone
Oct 31, 2019, 09:02 PM
RC Addict
Happy Avanti S owner here. Own a few of them actually. Love the look of the L39. Anyone own the L39 and Avanti? Any thoughts or comparisons? And is the landing gear the same on both? I’m a grass flyer and love the big wheels on the Avanti.
Oct 31, 2019, 09:14 PM
I review RC Products
My friends that have both say the fly very similarly, only one is a more scale package.
Oct 31, 2019, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Quad
Happy Avanti S owner here. Own a few of them actually. Love the look of the L39. Anyone own the L39 and Avanti? Any thoughts or comparisons? And is the landing gear the same on both? I’m a grass flyer and love the big wheels on the Avanti.
You’ll love the L-39 if you like the Avanti. It’s a bit quicker and a nice change of pace compared to the Avanti. The nose wheel is janky so I swapped it out with a hanger 9 wheel. Other than that it’s
very nice.
Nov 01, 2019, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Happy Avanti S owner here. Own a few of them actually. Love the look of the L39. Anyone own the L39 and Avanti? Any thoughts or comparisons? And is the landing gear the same on both? Iím a grass flyer and love the big wheels on the Avanti.
I don't own both but do own the 39 and fly off grass. I have had only a couple times when I could not take off. This was when we were towards the end of the week but before mowing and the wind was coming from a direction that I had to take off up hill. Not a huge grade but still up hill on long grass. My friends Avanti had the same issues that day. Also have to say I am flying a 6000 mAh Admiral pro so some good weight in the nose.

Also run a nose wheel brace of course
Nov 01, 2019, 12:30 PM
RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildvortex
I don't own both but do own the 39 and fly off grass. I have had only a couple times when I could not take off. This was when we were towards the end of the week but before mowing and the wind was coming from a direction that I had to take off up hill. Not a huge grade but still up hill on long grass. My friends Avanti had the same issues that day. Also have to say I am flying a 6000 mAh Admiral pro so some good weight in the nose.

Also run a nose wheel brace of course
Good info thanks. I need to order a brace. Are they the same as the Avanti one?
Nov 01, 2019, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Good info thanks. I need to order a brace. Are they the same as the Avanti one?
If you are talking price then yes. To make it easy all of them are $11 which includes shipping then each thereafter are $9.

If you are talking are they Interchangeable than no.

Just specify what brace you are buying

Thanks Jax, will look for your order

Quick Reply