Sep 03, 2018, 02:58 PM
Mini-Review

Betafpv beta65x 2s brushless whoop

Overview and review and discussing the beta65x , this is one POWERFUL whoop!
Betafpv beta65x 2s brushless review...flight video to follow. (9 min 15 sec)

Betafpv beta65x 2s whoop initial flight test, acro garden and house. (2 min 56 sec)

Betafpv beta65x 2s brushless whoop indoor rolls and flying round tables and through tiny gaps etc (1 min 59 sec)

Betafpv beta65x 2s brushless whoop acro flips roll around garden. (2 min 57 sec)

Betafpv beta65x 2s brushless whoop at the park (2 min 58 sec)

And to compare I flew my bamboo skewers 2s in same spot.
2s bamboo skewers silverised h101 at the park. (5 min 0 sec)

Just took delivery of this 2s whoop
Yes I did say 2s and its 65mm frame so true whoop size.
It has LOTS of power and decent 0802 motors with c clips and what looks like bearings.
Smart audio is working right out of the box and it's all tuned and flying right first time!

Name: IMG_20180903_154402.jpg
Views: 128
Size: 1.49 MB
Description:

Name: IMG_20180903_154350.jpg
Views: 61
Size: 1.32 MB
Description:

Name: IMG_20180903_154336.jpg
Views: 83
Size: 1.51 MB
Description:

Name: IMG_20180904_100848.jpg
Views: 69
Size: 1.65 MB
Description:

Name: IMG_20180904_100929.jpg
Views: 67
Size: 1.52 MB
Description:

I will add video to this review once I've got some decent footage.
But for now I can tell you might first flight indoors lasted 3 minutes and it's the fastest whoop I've ever flown by a long way and I've flown a LOT including the beta75 pro and boldclash b06 pro,
I expect flight times to be less once I get to use the power outside though.

It uses a harness to use your whoop 1s lipos and convert them to 2s which is handy if you have a bunch of them already,
Comes with a spare canopy and set of props and a couple of batteries , frsky Rx was already installed and just needed binding to my taranis.
Frame looks tough just like betafpv other frames( I've never Brocken one yet).

I'll fly this outside asap when it stops raining and report back on the flight time and hopefully with some on board video.

It is very fast and has a high camera angle but even so I was able to fly indoors without any trouble so I think this will be a blast to fly around the house and garden and take up the park.

Get it here https://betafpv.com/collections/2s-w...oop-quadcopter
At time of this review it is $129 which I think is well priced for such a state of the art whoop.

Let me know if there is anything you want to know and I'll try to help and I'll upload a video soon.

Note it is advisable to bind in d8 mode, I bound in d16 and got some slight twitches that you might be able to see in the videos, in d8 this is gone

Regards batteries,

These work really well and are lighter and give 3:30 minutes indoors with some spare ...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...b4fd51ee5fddfc

The betafpv ones are fine but hobbyking sell some good alternatives for the 75x and are cheaper.
The 260mah packs are a bargain and could be made to work for both models maybe..
Hobbyking turnigy nano 300mah 2s fits in the 75x changing the connector to xt30.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...asc=2257022369

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...asc=2878183026

These might work in both maybe with a bit of modding and are a bargain 5 for 12 https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...asc=9461010456

Thinking these might be ok for the 65x without modding?
https://www.banggood.com/nl/5PCS-Cha...244425201308OD

Useful posts
LEDs strip enabling https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=227
Last edited by nigelsheffield; Oct 27, 2018 at 07:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 03, 2018, 03:54 PM
Do you mean beta FPV 75x?

The 65x prototype is not available yet to most! (Or are you super special - in which case, I bow down to thee!)
Sep 03, 2018, 04:15 PM
It's the 65x and I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it, I have been talking with betafpv about the 2s whoops for a while and seems like they took on board some of my suggestions which is awsome and rewarded me with this early release ...
The build quality does not look like a prototype , it looks very much a finished product to me but what do I know?
If there is anything to be improved I'm sure we can find it and let betafpv know ..
Sep 03, 2018, 06:13 PM
Wow! Conglats you recieved this new model so early.
This is the first review I have ever seen about betafpv 65x.
Thanks for sharing.
I have some questions.
1) How heavy is it without battery?
2) Does this motor use two ball bearings or just sleeve bearings like se0603?
3) How is the noise of the motor compared with others like 1103/1102, sunnysky0703, and se0603?
Sep 03, 2018, 06:51 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Awesome stuff Nigel! Following with great interest!
Sep 04, 2018, 12:05 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Just a side-question, did you have to pay for getting this sample?
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Sep 04, 2018, 12:09 AM
Can't wait to see some flight footage, especially punch outs!
Sep 04, 2018, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
It's the 65x and I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it, I have been talking with betafpv about the 2s whoops for a while and seems like they took on board some of my suggestions which is awsome and rewarded me with this early release ...
The build quality does not look like a prototype , it looks very much a finished product to me but what do I know?
If there is anything to be improved I'm sure we can find it and let betafpv know ..

I bow down to thee!

Congratulations. You're amongst the very first!

I'm going to get the 75x or 65x and eagerly await your opinions on the 65x and hopefully, a future comparison between the two different models.
Sep 04, 2018, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosi
Wow! Conglats you recieved this new model so early.
This is the first review I have ever seen about betafpv 65x.
Thanks for sharing.
I have some questions.
1) How heavy is it without battery?
2) Does this motor use two ball bearings or just sleeve bearings like se0603?
3) How is the noise of the motor compared with others like 1103/1102, sunnysky0703, and se0603?
Weight is 28.7g without battery and 42.3 with battery.
I can't say much about bearings as I don't know and can't see properly BUT it looks like the bearings are better than 0703 for sure.
Motor noise is not bad, not rattly like 0703 and so quieter but general noise level is still higher than my 1103 3 inch builds because of small props spinning fast
Sep 04, 2018, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Just a side-question, did you have to pay for getting this sample?
It did cost me import duties of 30 but was provided for free for impartial review and feedback ,
Same as you I review genuinely because this is best for everyone involved.
Sep 04, 2018, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Weight is 28.7g without battery and 42.3 with battery.
I can't say much about bearings as I don't know and can't see properly BUT it looks like the bearings are better than 0703 for sure.
Motor noise is not bad, not rattly like 0703 and so quieter but general noise level is still higher than my 1103 3 inch builds because of small props spinning fast
Thank you for your frank impression.

I have some more question.
betafpv says this 0802 motor is 17500KV.
Is it right?
If so, it seems to be a good upgrade motor for 1s 66mm/75mm brushless whoop?
From your experience what do you think about it?
Last edited by yosi; Sep 04, 2018 at 01:46 AM.
Sep 04, 2018, 02:01 AM
2nd in command
While I am excited to see 2s whoops in RTF, 2s whoops have been around while.

Delrin Whoop 2s - One whoop to rule them all (19 min 36 sec)

Mine will be here tomorrow. Also NJ Tech, Ahren Ciotti, and Jelle Bakker will also be getting one. I was told I will be receiving 75x, Ahren was told he is getting the 65x. I think they might be looking to build out some interest in the 65x, but focus on the 75x for now. There is a flight team in Seattle that has videos out, they also mention they worked closely with BetaFPV on developing the 75x.

There is also two versions with different battery connectors ph2.0 and xt30.

To answer solo's question. I am unaware of anyone I know paying for the shipping or product, I know I didn't
Sep 04, 2018, 02:25 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
It did cost me import duties of 30 but was provided for free for impartial review and feedback ,
Same as you I review genuinely because this is best for everyone involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickburns

To answer solo's question. I am unaware of anyone I know paying for the shipping or product, I know I didn't

That's odd, each time I get an offer from them to review a quad, the best they can do is give 50% off, and have to pay full price first, then the 50% off is promised to be refunded later. While 50% off would be a nice deal if you already intended to buy something, I think it's a deal breaker when volunteering to test a new product, which you have no idea if it will be good or not. Plus there is also the risk on import taxes being applied, so you may end up investing a considerable amount of money just to be a guinea pig. I feel that investing free time into a review, is already a big investment.

So I thought BetaFPV never provided free samples of their quads, but it seems that they do, but maybe only to some specially selected pilots.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Sep 04, 2018, 02:43 AM
2nd in command
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
That's odd, each time I get an offer from them to review a quad, the best they can do is give 50% off, and have to pay full price first, then the 50% off is promised to be refunded later. While 50% off would be a nice deal if you already intended to buy something, I think it's a deal breaker when volunteering to test a new product, which you have no idea if it will be good or not. Plus there is also the risk on import taxes being applied, so you may end up investing a considerable amount of money just to be a guinea pig. I feel that investing free time into a review, is already a big investment.

So I thought BetaFPV never provided free samples of their quads, but it seems that they do, but maybe only to some specially selected pilots.
I have reviewed a few cams and what not for them. They haven't asked for any payment. Maybe something has changed since they have partnered with Caddx.

If I am asked to pay or partially pay, or anything similar I decline. I choose what to spend my money on, not them.
Sep 04, 2018, 03:43 AM
side by side batteries seem to block some of the air flow from the fans. Would have preferred them stacked.
Looking forward to see indoor flight reviews not sure 2s is the best indoor setup.

Quick Reply