Sep 01, 2018, 08:13 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Thread OP
Discussion

Cleaning coro

I just recently built my first all Coroplast plane and I consider it a success. Heavier than the foam it replaced, but I expected that.

The attraction was free election poster material, so 4mm and vinyl signage on one side. I'd prefer 2mm but there isn't any locally and buying/shipping it in would kinda violate the whole point.

But what about the vinyl signage? Is there any reasonable way to restore those panels to their original white? Heat gun perhaps? Some sort of solvent? Just painting over it adds more weight to conceal unnecessary weight on something that's already overweight. Well, you know what I mean.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 03, 2018, 05:56 AM
Give ordinary paint thinners a try. You need to use it quite liberally (together with some old cloths or paper towel) , but works on the signage correx we get locally.

Unless I was building very large planes or large profile jets, I'd avoid 4mm, but glad to hear you found it a success..
Nov 24, 2018, 08:55 PM
I use a mixture of half acetone & half mineral spirits.
Acetone cuts most litho but evaporates to quickly to wipe the ink away.
The mineral spirits provides a slow evaporating way to keep the ink in suspension until you wipe it away.
Sometimes I use a scotch-brite pad for added abrasion.
Sometimes if the ink is stubborn I spray it down with this mixture and cover it with a plastic sheet, trash bag, etc and let it soak for a while then wipe it down.
Some coro is porous and will stain making it impossible to remove all the ink.

Good Luck

Quick Reply