May 21, 2019, 05:54 PM
Actually PLA is stronger than PETG. PETG has it beat on temperature resistance.

L.
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2019, 01:39 AM
Its the extra flex that I was looking for with PET-G , buggy components tend to take quite high impact loading so a material with a little flexibility is often better than outright strength and hardness .
May 22, 2019, 06:10 AM
That’s true.

L.
May 22, 2019, 09:57 AM
A few pictures of the beefed up front bulkhead next to a damaged original.

May 25, 2019, 08:42 AM
Didn't want to double post but I just got this deal and wanted to share, see my post in the hot online deals forum:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1#post41938819

Creality cr-10s $328 shipped from hobbyking u.s. warehouse
May 27, 2019, 07:56 AM
I ran across this and gave it a try. Creality mod for Cura 4.0. I like it! Alot.
May 29, 2019, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsirob
I ran across this and gave it a try. Creality mod for Cura 4.0. I like it! Alot.
Yeah, I am using the Creawesome mod and I have to say I am impressed with the results.
May 30, 2019, 01:58 PM
Team Futaba
Layer adhesion is also much better with PETG than PLA.
May 30, 2019, 03:05 PM
Newbie WW1 Flying Ace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin McGRath
Layer adhesion is also much better with PETG than PLA.
As long as you don't use a lot of part cooling - if you try using a lot of part cooling like you'd use for PLA the layer adhesion decreases dramatically. My PETG profile uses 30% max fan for everything except bridges - those are still 100%.
Jun 02, 2019, 06:56 AM
I've been meaning to print up one of those ball raced spool holders but always seem to be printing something else , I was half way through another print with a fresh 1kg spool rocking back and forth probably disfiguring the surface quality when I thought I'd try something , I wrapped the spool spindle with PTFE plumbers tape and its virtually perfect , no more rocking or tugging ! So simple and really effective .
Jun 03, 2019, 01:23 PM
I just ordered some major upgrade parts , silent v1.1.4 board , Micro Swiss clone all metal hot end , BLtouch kit and a few light weight rollers , it'll be a couple of weeks before it all gets here and I'm still debating a geared dual drive extruder a pancake stepper motor and going direct drive .... Not sure .
Jun 03, 2019, 04:00 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Very cool dadio. Have fun doing the upgrades, and be sure to share your progress with us.
Jun 04, 2019, 04:44 PM
I finally got round to calibrating the E steps , been meaning to do it for ages as I knew I was under extruding , ended up going from 95 per mm to 97 and it looks much crisper , I don't know why I bothered with the 1.1.4 silent board on order but its just been something I've been putting off so today I downloaded prontaface and had at it .
Jun 06, 2019, 07:13 PM
aka KF7DS

New Prusa MK3S

Finally got a chance to print with my new MK3 - Flexi Cat...came out great! The print quality of this printer makes me look smarter than I am, but I will accept any compliments . Honestly, I have only scratched the surface of what it has to offer, but I am very pleased overall.
Jun 07, 2019, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsinger1
Finally got a chance to print with my new MK3 - Flexi Cat...came out great! The print quality of this printer makes me look smarter than I am, but I will accept any compliments . Honestly, I have only scratched the surface of what it has to offer, but I am very pleased overall.
Have you tried the Mini Killbot model from Thingiverse , its a great print in place jointed model , I've done a few on my ender 3 as they are so much fun , bet theyd come out great on your mk3 !

Quick Reply