This thread is privately moderated by fastmax, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 31, 2018, 04:05 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Mini-Review

My Journey With A Creality Ender 3 3D Printer

EDIT-8/2/2019 Currently available and on sale for $169.99 here.

After using the Creality Ender 2 3D printer for nearly a year, and being very happy with the overall performance, and quality of the printer, it was time for an upgrade. See my time with the excellent Ender 2 here.

I wanted a new printer that would be of at least equal, if not greater quality than my Ender 2, and something that had a larger build area, but still had a heated build plate, yet remained affordable. Enter the Ender 3. The Ender 3 is one of the new printers for 2018 from Creality3D. This printer has a 220mm x 220mm x 250mm print area, a heated build plate, the popular MK10 extruder, and arrives with most of the assembly completed for you. I had mine from the box, to ready to print, in just over an hour.

I just built my Ender 3 yesterday, and have only done a few prints on it so far, but I am very happy to say that it has exceeded my expectations. I am amazed that such a nice printer can be had for under $200

This will be more of a log than a review, as I will share my prints, and experiences with the printer over the course of the next few months. My Ender 2 proved to be a very reliable machine. I did hundreds of prints, and for nearly 6 months the printer ran continually without a hiccup. I look forward to seeing if the Ender 3 proves to be as reliable. It has already proven to me that it is a solid performer, that requires very little effort to assemble and start using. So far my finished prints (photos coming soon) have been as good as or better than anything my Ender 2 produced, and I've only begun fine tuning it.

If you're looking for an affordable, yet quality 3D printer to enjoy with the family, make drone parts, or print giant LEGO figures with then the Ender 2, and Ender 3 are most definitely worthy of your consideration. Stay tuned for many, many updates and prints coming throughout the course of the next several months.

As always please don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have. I am happy to help get others as addicted to 3D printing as I have become.
Last edited by fastmax; Sep 02, 2019 at 11:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 01, 2018, 01:23 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Jumper T8SG Gimbal Protector Thing file can be found here.
Sep 03, 2018, 01:41 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Cleaning up my work area and printed this to help me organize my tools. Thing file here.
Sep 03, 2018, 05:55 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Every RC mechanic needs some jack stands! Thing file here.
Sep 05, 2018, 05:39 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Those are pretty awesome!

Adam
Sep 05, 2018, 06:20 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalspark
Those are pretty awesome!

Adam
Thanks! They look pretty cool underneath a suspension arm too
Sep 10, 2018, 02:52 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Storage/Carrying case for my BoldClash BWhoop B03-Pro Tiny Whoop. Thing file here. I wrapped the whole case in 3M Carbon Fiber automotive vinyl.
Sep 10, 2018, 07:45 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Tiny Whoop frame and canopy.
Sep 12, 2018, 03:43 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Baby Groot!
Sep 14, 2018, 08:54 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
FPV Racing launch pad. Thing file here.
Sep 14, 2018, 10:02 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Vortex 150 skid plates, and antenna mount.
Sep 14, 2018, 01:04 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Brushless motor fidget spinner.
Sep 14, 2018, 03:09 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Adjustable 1/10 jack stands.
Sep 17, 2018, 04:12 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Doinker 82mm brushless Whoop frame. File here. This will be a fun fall project
Sep 18, 2018, 07:38 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Giant LEGO Minifig. This one is a bit of a mix of numerous files.

Quick Reply