Jan 25, 2020, 12:49 PM

Picture

Hello,
Here's a picture of the assembly of an Auri from Julien Bertrand.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 26, 2020, 11:09 AM
mth
mth
What type of epoxy is everyone using to glue on the v stab mount and the h stab. Laminating epoxy or something like 30 min hobby epoxy?
Jan 26, 2020, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mth
Does anyone have a ballast set up?
I ordered one with my Auri :-).
Jan 26, 2020, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingrrcg
The orange/grey-striped one. I opted for the build with the servos. Dmitriy said to expect about a week or so to put it together prior to shipping.

All I will have to do is pop in a G-RX6 and a battery, pretty-up the wiring, balance it and program the servo throws in the TX. I should be ready to go in minimum time.
I have the same wing :-)
Jan 26, 2020, 03:14 PM
mth
mth
What type of epoxy did you use?
Jan 29, 2020, 01:19 PM
mth
mth
Received my Auri today and it looks great. Only had one spot of MINOR damage to the right tip. The box was dropped or hit during shipping. Other than that itís a great looking dlg.
Jan 29, 2020, 05:03 PM
Just another user...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mth
Received my Auri today and it looks great. Only had one spot of MINOR damage to the right tip. The box was dropped or hit during shipping. Other than that itís a great looking dlg.
Those cargo handlers take great pride in causing damage. They often have in-station competitions to see who can throw packages the furthest. Especially the ones marked 'Fragile'.
Jan 29, 2020, 08:02 PM
in awe of glide...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mth
What type of epoxy is everyone using to glue on the v stab mount and the h stab. Laminating epoxy or something like 30 min hobby epoxy?
I do not have an Auri but 30min epoxy would be fine if that's what you have. I like West Systems G-flex epoxy if you haven't any. I usually use thin CA to bond the fin. Line it up just right then a few drops wicked in does the trick. The pre-moulded fin mounts work great especially if there is a snug fit so it doesn't move at the wrong moment. Looks like the H. stab mount you'll want to be sure about correct placement and proper alignment before you glue. Remember the clearance between the fin and elevator. You know the dlg w wing mounted upside down on the table to align the tails trick, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mth
Received my Auri today and it looks great. Only had one spot of MINOR damage to the right tip. The box was dropped or hit during shipping. Other than that it’s a great looking dlg.
Sorry to see the result of the package mishandling. Hope you get it sorted. That is a nice looking wing!
Even with a sturdy box, if things are left to shift or slide around inside damage can still result.
Jan 29, 2020, 10:29 PM
mth
mth
The packing was good. Going to use epoxy for the tails.
Feb 12, 2020, 07:29 PM
Just another user...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mth
Did you have to do much, if any, repair on that wing tip?
Feb 12, 2020, 07:58 PM
mth
mth
Just a little ca. The repair is not perfect but it’s small. A few drops of epoxy in the aileron delam and it’s all good. I’ll take a pic tomorrow.
Feb 13, 2020, 10:19 AM
mth
mth
If you zoom in on the right tip you can see the damage from shipping.
Feb 13, 2020, 10:20 AM
mth
mth
A better look.
Feb 18, 2020, 08:24 PM
Just another user...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mth
A better look.
Fortunately the damage is on the wing tip without the peg.

My Auri finally shipped about four days ago. Still hasn't left Russia, according to the tracking info.
Feb 18, 2020, 08:54 PM
mth
mth
Did you have the peg installed? I had mine installed and there was a very small crank near the peg. Took less than a drop of ca to fix it. What servos are you going to use?

Quick Reply