This thread is privately moderated by fastmax, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 29, 2018, 11:40 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Eachine EX2H Brushless RTF Drone & 1080p Camera Review

Eachine has been bringing some excellent RC models to the market over the past few years. Some of their drones have been really big hits with beginners, and expert pilots alike. Today we are going to be taking a look at one of their new offerings the EX2H.

The EX2H is a complete ready to fly package that includes the brushless drone with 1806 1800kv motors, 2.4ghz radio transmitter with weak signal, and low battery telemtery, 7.4v 2s 1800mah LiPo battery, charger, and a 1080p HD camera for taking aerial videos, and pictures. You also get a set of prop guards, a set of spare props, and an 8gb micro SD card for the camera. The only thing you will need to get up and flying are 4 AA batteries for the radio.

Many of you will recognize the style, and design of this quadcopter, as it is very similar to the MJX Bugs series of multi rotors. It may even be a rebrand of an MJX model. Regardless, it is a very nice drone, that has a high quality look, and feel to it.

The EX2H is a very stable flyer that performs well in altitude hold mode, or in pro mode (no altitude hold). There is a switch on the transmitter that makes it very easy to select which mode you want to fly in. There is also two different speed rates, that can be used by pressing a button on the transmitter. In high speed mode the quad is quite sporty and capable of some pretty fast speeds, and makes it capable of flying in some pretty windy conditions.

Whether you are a beginner pilot, a pilot looking to take the next step up from brushed drones, or are looking for a decent platform to get some quality aerial footage, and photos, the Eachine EX2H may be just the quadcopter for you. This complete package is now in stock at Banggood, and available here for $129 with free shipping. Use coupon code 0db1e0 at checkout to get 10% off.

Check out the pics, and flight video, and please don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have.

Happy Flying!!

First flight, and some on board footage

Eachine EX2H Brushless RTF With 1080p HD Camera (7 min 33 sec)
Last edited by fastmax; Aug 31, 2018 at 11:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2018, 06:37 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
It's quite windy, and started to rain, but I managed to get a few decent pics in my first quick flight. The included camera is actually pretty good Video coming soon.
Last edited by fastmax; Aug 31, 2018 at 11:20 AM.
Aug 31, 2018, 11:22 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
First flight video added above.
Feb 11, 2019, 10:50 AM
Blue Skies
Can you tell me how tiltable the camera is? I want a quad to hover over lost RC planes in a club field planted in corn and be able to hover over the plane while the pilot finds his plane and retrieves it. Can the gimbal be tilted inflight or is it fixed? Ideally I would like to be able to control the tilt with the Tx. At what angle can the camera be set or tilted? Thanks in advance.
Don
Last edited by hifinsword; Feb 11, 2019 at 11:11 AM.
Feb 11, 2019, 11:14 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Howdy Don. The camera angle is not adjustable from the transmitter on this particular quad. The camera can be pointed straight down though.
Feb 11, 2019, 11:26 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax
Howdy Don. The camera angle is not adjustable from the transmitter on this particular quad. The camera can be pointed straight down though.
Thanks. Sounds like just what I'm looking for.
Don
Feb 11, 2019, 11:40 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Happy to help. Have fun!
May 23, 2019, 12:08 AM
I have a question, if I buy the option that says “without camera” does that mean the sport camera? Does it still come with the fpv camera? I’m having trouble understanding what camera does what.

Thank you in advance.
May 23, 2019, 07:37 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Howdy! The sport camera is also the FPV camera. It has a built in WiFi chip for connecting to your phone. The version without camera does not come with a camera of any kind. Hope that clears things up for you.
May 23, 2019, 12:54 PM
Thank you. Yes, that helps, but I am still a bit confused. What is this camera then? In some pictures it looks like there is an LED headlight, in others it looks like an fpv camera. Is it possible to utilize both the fpv camera for flying, and a sport camera for recording the flight?

Also, can you use any 2s Lipo that will fit in the slot, or do you need to use their battery?

This looks like the type of product I am looking for, but details like that are hard to find.

Thank you for your help.
Last edited by Adamic39; May 23, 2019 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
May 23, 2019, 03:59 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
That's the first I've seen of that camera as an option for this quad. That module wasn't available when I received my EX2H, so there was no 5.8GHZ FPV option. The only options were with, or without the sports camera.

The package you are looking at will either come with that 5.8GHZ FPV camera, or it won't come with a camera at all. If you purchase the package with the 5.8GHZ FPV camera, and then use the included sports/action camera mount with a GoPro or other sports camera, you would then be able to utilize both cameras.

Any 2S battery with an XT30 connector that will fit within the battery bay will work.
May 23, 2019, 04:32 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like this might be the quad for me.
May 23, 2019, 07:56 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Happy to help. Happy Flying!

Quick Reply