Dec 21, 2004, 09:34 PM
Lost in the Sky
Thread OP

10-02-04 2nd Lockheed Martin Aeromodelers Indoor Float Fly, Keller, Texas

The 2nd Lockheed Martin Aeromodelers Indoor Float Fly took place October 10, 2004 at the Keller ISD Natatorium in Keller, Texas, which is just north of Fort Worth.

The event was organized by Ed Couch and the LM Aeromodelers. We had a lot of good indoor float flying and here are my pictures of the event. They are late getting posted because I have been too busy to get to them until I got off from work for the holidays.

I took these shots from my kayak, which was also the rescue boat for those poor planes that landed too far from shore to be reached by hand. It is a very stable touring kayak so I didn't worry too much about dunking my camera.

Richard Ng

Picture Display Problems

If anyone is having the problem of getting a little box with a red X in the upper left corner of where they should be seeing a picture, try moving your mouse cursor over the X and click your right mouse button on it. A window will open up with a line that says Show Picture. Move your cursor over Show Picture and click your left mouse button on it.

This will usually open each of the pictures without refreshing the page and waiting for the whole page to come back up. I think this has to do with being on a slow connection. It did it on my computer and I knew there was nothing wrong with the pictures. I am on a slow 24 Kbps connection out in the sticks east of Burleson, Texas with little hope of getting high speed or DSL any time soon. Hopefully, wireless broadband will spread out to my area in the near future.
Last edited by Richard N; Dec 23, 2004 at 08:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2004, 09:55 PM
Lost in the Sky
Thread OP
This is the flightline and a view to the right of the flightline. Windows at both ends of the pool provide a great deal of natural light.
Dec 21, 2004, 10:07 PM
Lost in the Sky
Thread OP
Not much wind here except for the chopper.
Dec 21, 2004, 10:21 PM
Lost in the Sky
Thread OP
Ed Couch, who organized and ran this event, launching his pusher and a shot of his SlowStik just after liftoff.
Dec 21, 2004, 10:34 PM
Lost in the Sky
Thread OP
Gary Jones' blucore flapped Cessna-like floatplane.
Dec 21, 2004, 10:42 PM
Lost in the Sky
Thread OP
Gary Jones retrieving a soggy Float Jar and his Submarine Jar getting ready to dive.
Dec 21, 2004, 10:49 PM
Lost in the Sky
Thread OP
Tom Blakeney (Thomas B) and his Micro-Skimmer. The third picture is his full size Sikmmer.
Last edited by Richard N; Dec 21, 2004 at 11:26 PM.
Dec 21, 2004, 11:03 PM
Lost in the Sky
Thread OP
Chris' (The Commodore) GWS Tiger Moth
Dec 21, 2004, 11:09 PM
Lost in the Sky
Thread OP
Chris' battleship on the attack and off the port bow of my kayak.
Dec 21, 2004, 11:16 PM
Lost in the Sky
Thread OP
Rick Cummin's (Ronin) PT-17
Last edited by Richard N; Dec 21, 2004 at 11:47 PM.
Dec 21, 2004, 11:21 PM
Lost in the Sky
Thread OP
Thats all for now.
Dec 22, 2004, 02:30 AM
Flying...Pushing Air Down
GREAT photos, Richard!

Thanks for posting. BTW, the second photo in post #6 is Ed's JAR.

Gary
Dec 22, 2004, 03:24 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Richard, you are a god when it comes to images. Well done!
Latest blog entry: RC events for 2019!
Dec 22, 2004, 07:27 AM
OK Gary you just had to point out that I dumb thumbed it into the pond, gesh! What a friend, dropped a couple more in that night but they all dried out in the next couple of days with no lose of equipment. Happy now!

My thanks to Mr Ng for all the excellent pictures and for his work with the little boat retrieving our wayward toys from the seven seas. Without him a number of us would have been paddling around trying to get our toys while not drowning in the attempt.

We will do it again during the month of May if all goes well as this is a hoot if you have never flown off of floats and especially neat flying off the big pool indoors. Well worth the time and effort.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

ed
Dec 22, 2004, 09:02 AM
flutter!
Great job Richard!

Quick Reply