Force RC 1/8 Muckraker 4WD Truggy Brushless RTR

The Force RC 1/8-Scale Muckraker 4WD Truggy is designed to fiercely grip the ground so you can dominate the open road. Durability, stability and power all combine for an incredible experience that includes speeds above 40 MPH, all out of the box!

Splash

The Force RCģ 1/8-Scale Muckrakerô 4WD Truggy is an all-terrain electric vehicle designed to fiercely grip the ground so you can dominate the open road. At its core, durability, stability and power all combine for an incredible experience includes speeds above 40 MPH, right out of the box. Its robust electric power system utilizes your 4S LiPo battery to command a smooth running brushless motor and high-power ESC. Want to go fast? The four-wheel drive system, speed-wheels and tires grab onto the curviest tracks while its low center of gravity design makes it feel like the turns arenít even there. The center differential improves traction and response to keep the truck on-track and controllable. A thick 3mm aluminum chassis stands up to the toughest of beatings, while the large capacity, 16mm oil filled shocks handle bumps and jumps with ease. Waterproof electronics and a glitch-free 2.4GHz radio system give you the option to run this truggy through puddles, rain, and all the mud you want to throw

Key Features

• Brushless motor and ESC capable of producing speeds of up to 40+ MPH
  • LiPo compatible power system for up to 4S, 14.8Ė15.2V battery setups
  • Shaft-driven 4WD provides great acceleration and performance in all environments
  • Sealed differentials and full ball-bearing support
  • Rugged 3mm anodized aluminum chassis for strength and durability
  • Large capacity, 16mm oil filled shocks for superior bump and jump handling
  • Aluminum shocks with threaded bodies and aluminum caps with ride height adjustment
  • Proportional 2.4GHz radio system, plus waterproof electronics provide peace-of-mind control
  • Pillowball front suspension flexibility and 10kg metal-gear steering servo authority
  • Stylized wheels, treaded tires, plus standard 17mm hex wheel hubs
  • Integrated rear wing helps keep the chassis low and tight to the ground
  • Durable, polycarbonate body thatís fully painted

Specs

• Approximate Assembly Time: No assembly required
  • Ball Bearings: Full, Except For Steering Bellcranks
  • Batteries: Sold Separately
  • Body: Polycarbonate
  • Bushing Material: Metal
  • Charger: Sold Separately
  • Chassis: 3mm Plate, 6061-T6 Aluminum Black Anodized
  • Completion Level: Ready-To-Run
  • Differential: Sealed Bevel Gear
  • Drivetrain: 4WD
  • Front Track: 15.9 in (405mm)
  • Gear Pitch: 1.0 Module
  • Ground Clearance: 2.0 in (50mm)
  • Height: 7.9 in (200mm)
  • Internal Gear Ratio: 3.31:1
  • Length: 21.5 in (545mm)
  • Motor Size: 4274
  • Motor Type: Non-Sensored Brushless
  • Radio: 2.4 Ghz, 2 Channel (Included)
  • Rear Track: 15.9 in (405mm)
  • Servos: Included
  • Shock Type: 16mm Oil Filed Aluminium
  • Size/Scale: 1/10
  • Skill Level: Level 2
  • Speed Control: Included
  • Spur Gear: 49T
  • Suspension: 4W Independent
  • Tire Compound: Soft
  • Tire Diameter: 5.7 in (145mm)
  • Tire Tread: All-Terrain
  • Track: 15.9 in (405mm)
  • Vehicle Type: Truggy
  • Weight: 9 lbs (4082g) Without Batteries
  • Wheel Diameter: 3.7 in (95mm)
  • Wheel Hex Size: 17mm Hex
  • Wheel Type: Black 6 Spoke
  • Wheel Width: 2.2 in (56mm)
  • Wheelbase: 14.2 in (360mm)
  • Width: 15.9 in (405mm)

Photos

Learn More

For pricing and more info head over to Horizon Hobby!

Aug 27, 2018, 10:16 PM
Life is short, buy the boat.
a few more pictures of the chassis and layout would be nice, from what I can see it looks almost like a rebranded arrma talion.
Aug 28, 2018, 04:02 AM
That's what I was thinking
Aug 28, 2018, 09:52 AM
Whoever they put in charge of naming their new RCs should probably be replaced.
Aug 28, 2018, 09:56 AM
Admin Deluxe
I think you might be Muckraking!
Aug 28, 2018, 11:13 AM
Born again RC'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobault2001
a few more pictures of the chassis and layout would be nice, from what I can see it looks almost like a rebranded arrma talion.
I've looked over the exploded diagrams - I don't think this shares a single part with the Arrma cars. But it is a pillow ball front end (like a dozen other cars out there) so some of the guys on the Arrma FB group are losing their minds... It really is somewhat comical.... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC
Whoever they put in charge of naming their new RCs should probably be replaced.
Yeah, here is the real Arrma influence...

My early take on this one and the MT - They seem to be a great alternate to the Bison / Zombie / Sabertooth. If this one can get good USA parts support from the big web shops, it will kill the Banggood/Gearbest sales of those trucks. But, it does need to be at least somewhat reliable too. At $300 I don't expect a bullet proof RC, but it needs to be able to withstand reasonable bashing on 4s.
Aug 28, 2018, 12:40 PM
Other models from this brand seem to be rebrands of other budget imports. The Hammerjaw (another stupid name) appears to be about 95% identical to the RGT Rock Hammer, and seems to be made for Horizon by HSP. Their monster trucks look very familiar to some of the Banggood/Gearbest fare as well.

To Jerry's point, it looks like Horizon is trying to beat the cheap importers at their own game.
Aug 28, 2018, 03:11 PM
The Mad Titan
If anyone's interested in being the Guinea Pig to try out one of these, using Ebays 15% off coupon today will get you one for $255 shipped, slightly better than using a Tower Hobbies coupon (which are apparently allowed for these). I'm thinking about doing it myself.
Aug 28, 2018, 04:05 PM
Born again RC'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC1138
If anyone's interested in being the Guinea Pig to try out one of these, using Ebays 15% off coupon today will get you one for $255 shipped, slightly better than using a Tower Hobbies coupon (which are apparently allowed for these). I'm thinking about doing it myself.
At that price, if these trucks are half decent, they will kill the China direct cars! Assuming, Tower, Amain, and some LHS parts support, anyway.
Aug 28, 2018, 04:11 PM
The Mad Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryRigged
At that price, if these trucks are half decent, they will kill the China direct cars! Assuming, Tower, Amain, and some LHS parts support, anyway.
Agreed. They shouldn't be viewed as less expensive Arrmas so much as upgrades from a Traxxas Slash or Stampede and as good/better than China Direct Cars with, hopefully, better parts support. For $250 delivered, seems like it could be really good value.
Aug 29, 2018, 10:58 AM
@jerry, why is the pillow ball front end making the Arrma guys lose their minds? What am I missing haha

Also meant to say that the DHK trucks do have USA part support at rchobbyexplosion.com they have a great zombie selection at least
Aug 29, 2018, 11:14 AM
Born again RC'er
Quote:
@jerry, why is the pillow ball front end making the Arrma guys lose their minds? What am I missing haha
Quote:
Same as Jaco here. I think the Arrma Arrmy is a bit shell shocked after this year. Bankruptcy, selling out, parts shortage, finally a light at the end of the tunnel, and they see pillowballs and think it is a Arrma rebrand at half the price, and just start running around with their hair on fire.... If HH could have just one good body off overall chassis pic, I think most would not have gone full bananas.

Quote:
Also meant to say that the DHK trucks do have USA part support at rchobbyexplosion.com they have a great zombie selection at least
Yeah, DHK has tried harder than most to get USA distribution. Hobbypeople carried them for a while, but after they went under, there was a china-only gap for a while. Seems they are coming back now - my local HobbyTown has a Maximus on the shelf. They say they want to carry parts, but don't know if it will be a dead end.
Aug 29, 2018, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryRigged
Same as Jaco here. I think the Arrma Arrmy is a bit shell shocked after this year. Bankruptcy, selling out, parts shortage, finally a light at the end of the tunnel, and they see pillowballs and think it is a Arrma rebrand at half the price, and just start running around with their hair on fire.... If HH could have just one good body off overall chassis pic, I think most would not have gone full bananas.

Yeah, DHK has tried harder than most to get USA distribution. Hobbypeople carried them for a while, but after they went under, there was a china-only gap for a while. Seems they are coming back now - my local HobbyTown has a Maximus on the shelf. They say they want to carry parts, but don't know if it will be a dead end.
Ohhh gotcha. That's kinda funny...actually it's really funny

Interesting on the Maximum. My DHK has held up well, and I know the SCT truck hey have is supposed to be very good. The DHK trucks look very nice if nothing else, all the orange aluminum would definitely make them sell decently in a LHS I bet.
Aug 30, 2018, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Not even close to being an Arrma.........................
Aug 30, 2018, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC
Other models from this brand seem to be rebrands of other budget imports. The Hammerjaw (another stupid name) appears to be about 95% identical to the RGT Rock Hammer, and seems to be made for Horizon by HSP. Their monster trucks look very familiar to some of the Banggood/Gearbest fare as well.

To Jerry's point, it looks like Horizon is trying to beat the cheap importers at their own game.
Force RC Outbreak and Warhawk are Himoto/Iron Track Bowie rebrands with slightly better electronics. Separate esc and receiver in the Force Rc version vs a Esc/Rx combo in the Himoto/Iron track.

Quick Reply