Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 25, 2018, 08:16 PM
Discussion

Battery problem

I posted this on the revolectrix battery thread in the batteries and charger section, but decided to post here too.

"OK so I have some revo 4s 2600 packs and some glacier 4s 2600 packs. The revos are substantially bigger and heavier. I noticed That I get a good minute less of flight time with the Revos than with the glaciers. At first I thought maybe I was flying harder with the Revos, but as I strated paying more attention to my throttle position, I realized that this was not the case. So I decided to charge and discharge a revo and a glacier, and see if the Revo has less capacity. It does.

Charging from 3.8v/cell, to 4.2v/cell, the charger put 1.94Ah into the glacier, and only 1.49Ah into the Revo.

Discharging from 4.2v/cell to 3.7v/cell, I got 1.63Ah out of the Revo, and 2.22 Ah from the glacier.

That is a big difference, averages out to over 500mah. That would explain the shorter flight times. It would be great if anyone could conduct a similar test, so I could see if I got a bad batch (in which case I wish I did the test earlier), or if the Revo packs have an exaggerated capacity. (O the glaciers are rated very pessimistically, but I doubt that).

BTW the glaciers are a full year older and have more cycles.

I also have some 6s 5000mah packs from them, but did not bother testing those as I have nothing to compare them to. "
to remove ads between posts
Aug 25, 2018, 09:34 PM
MK
MK
Approximately how many cycles have the Revos gone through?
Aug 26, 2018, 08:10 AM
Around 30. I usually go flying 1-2 times per week, and got them in the spring.
Aug 27, 2018, 07:45 AM
MK
MK
Hmmm...they should be broken in by then.

Quick Reply