This thread is privately moderated by Bob Gaito, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 24, 2018, 07:34 AM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Thread OP
Discussion

Mark V Navy Seal SOC

Mark V Navy Seal Special Operations Craft in 1:24
In my prior build logs the subjects were either already completed or being refurbished/refitted so chapters of the build would show up fairly fast. This one is from day one so my apologies up front-this might take a while.
The Mark V was the navy's go to craft for those stealthy deeds nobody has ever heard about. Its 80-83 feet (depending on which version is being built) and is 17 feet wide with a 24* deadrise at the stern and two KAMEWA water jets for propulsion. It will do 60mph and draws 5feet of water. It usually sports two twin 50 cal guns and two MK19 granade launchers. For picking up groceries it carries 1-4 F470 inflatable RIBS with a 3cyl 55HP outboard. Many of these boats are now in museums and the private sector via auctions or scrap. The original version of the Mark V had problems injuring crew members and studies proved the crew were subject to 20G loads (yes I said 20Gs!) 60 MPH thru 10 and 15 ft seas caused transient forces that broke /sprained ankles wrists and fingers-prompting a small redesign of the crew area-The Coolest Friggin Boat I've Ever Seen...

Follow the build log- https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Craft-in-1-24
Last edited by Bob Gaito; Feb 13, 2019 at 05:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply