Aug 27, 2019, 06:17 AM
Open the bay doors... HAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Tried helping out the guy and of course the Haters had to chime in,......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pitman
Huh?
It's really too bad that personal dislikes trump attempts of differing opinions .... nothing would get better if everyone marched to one drummer.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2019, 07:55 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade

Official DJI Mavic 2 ***Owner Thread***

Just FYI I got the user sorted in PM and he is all up and running. He was in a Auth zone but it was not letting him unlock, this was most likely a combination of out of date Flysafe database and some changes to the way Geo now works once update for instance with the need to be outdoors for it to get proper GPS lock before it will actually unlock, he was just hitting a few brick walls but got them sorted and thatís whatís important.
Aug 27, 2019, 09:29 AM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
Just FYI I got the user sorted in PM and he is all up and running. He was in a Auth zone but it was not letting him unlock, this was most likely a combination of out of date Flysafe database and some changes to the way Geo now works once update for instance with the need to be outdoors for it to get proper GPS lock before it will actually unlock, he was just hitting a few brick walls but got them sorted and that’s what’s important.
And it's just that easy! Now he doesn't get to take a loss and sell his prized "bird" and start all over with a unknown (To him) brand. Whether DJI support or those that fly them to help...nobody has that level of support Thanks Ian...I didn't even get that far..but was my next question to see if he was up to date if the first attempts failed. Your a good guy!

Unfortunately it's these issues that make up quite a few of the problems. If you let one part of the flight system update either knowingly or not, it all must then be updated. I held out as long as I could with updates...missed one and I had to update everything..which isn't a big deal in the scheme of things these days, probably more stubborn and set in my ways more than anything else
Aug 27, 2019, 09:32 AM
Quote:
And it's just that easy! Now he doesn't get to take a loss and sell his prized "bird" and start all over with a unknown (To him) brand. Whether DJI support or those that fly them to help...nobody has that level of support Thanks Ian...I didn't even get that far..but was my next question to see if he was up to date if the first attempts failed. Your a good guy!
YES! hats off to MAD and Repaid1 for actually taking the time to help...i greatly apppreciate it...i am a happy camper now
Aug 27, 2019, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy24
YES! hats off to MAD and Repaid1 for actually taking the time to help...i greatly apppreciate it...i am a happy camper now
Your more than welcome there "Ole Timer" It's kind of weird my father died when I was young (around 3) His nickname was Cappy, how did you arrive at that nick? Just wondering
Aug 27, 2019, 10:01 AM

Mavic 2 Multicharger

Soooo, back on to another topic as my purchase date is approaching (I think) anyone tried this variation of multicharger? https://www.banggood.com/5-in-1-Mult...r_warehouse=CN
Aug 27, 2019, 10:31 AM
Tweaker
Quote:
Soooo, back on to another topic as my purchase date is approaching (I think) anyone tried this variation of multicharger? https://www.banggood.com/5-in-1-Mult...r_warehouse=CN
That's a new one on me, it looks nice with that meter.
Aug 27, 2019, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE
That's a new one on me, it looks nice with that meter.
Ya know..was thinking the same thing...I like bells and whistles..sometimes $5 more than the Yx blue version...that's worth a meter right? Even if it really probably shows nothing important...or does it? Hmmmmm. Volts, Amps and what battery is charging it seems.
Aug 27, 2019, 10:34 AM
Tweaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
Just FYI I got the user sorted in PM and he is all up and running. He was in a Auth zone but it was not letting him unlock, this was most likely a combination of out of date Flysafe database and some changes to the way Geo now works once update for instance with the need to be outdoors for it to get proper GPS lock before it will actually unlock, he was just hitting a few brick walls but got them sorted and thatís whatís important.
Excellent, I'm on the edge of the big yellow circle around my local airport and the latest zones only briefly indicate for me now, no more obnoxious nag messages plaguing me during each flight.
Aug 27, 2019, 10:37 AM
Tweaker
Quote:
Ya know..was thinking the same thing...I like bells and whistles..sometimes $5 more than the Yx blue version...that's worth a meter right? Even if it really probably shows nothing important...or does it? Hmmmmm.
It must just rotate thru the charge ports on the one meter? Does it have USB ports? I would not want to give those up for a meter.
Aug 27, 2019, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Excellent, I'm on the edge of the big yellow circle around my local airport and the latest zones only briefly indicate for me now, no more obnoxious nag messages plaguing me during each flight.
My P3P is giving me those now, click it away and doesn't reoccur till next battery...So I can live with it. However not updating the NFZ seems to cause issues even with my P3.
Aug 27, 2019, 10:44 AM
Quote:
It must just rotate thru the charge ports on the one meter? Does it have USB ports? I would not want to give those up for a meter.
Single from the specs
Aug 27, 2019, 10:44 AM
Tweaker
Quote:
Ya know..was thinking the same thing...I like bells and whistles..sometimes $5 more than the Yx blue version...that's worth a meter right? Even if it really probably shows nothing important...or does it? Hmmmmm. Volts, Amps and what battery is charging it seems.
This charger is nice as well, it has storage mode;

https://www.amazon.com/RCGEEK-Compat...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Aug 27, 2019, 10:48 AM
Tweaker
Quote:
Single from the specs
"Dynamic Power Distribution", hmmm
Aug 27, 2019, 10:52 AM
Quote:
This charger is nice as well, it has storage mode;

https://www.amazon.com/RCGEEK-Compat...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Choices, Choices...good feature set, slower charge time (reported)...darn it! Cords (Battery side) look to not be replaceable/removable as well.

Quick Reply