Thread Tools
Aug 24, 2019, 01:07 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pitman
Thanks, I have seen that and am considering if I want to have a backup controller or not.
I drilled a tiny hole in the perfect place on the underside of my M2 controller to quiet the "heart attack beeping" of the RC below 15% battery, by applying gentle pressure against the speaker inside with a cut off Q-Tip. Not having to repeat the process on a second controller made using a single modified controller better for me. I can still hear the beeping, but no one else can! Using a single dedicated iPad Pro preinstalled with a windsurfer on the M2 controller keeps things simple for me. GO 4 and the controller immediately recognize whichever M2 I have connected, and display the appropriate settings, and remember my custom settings for each. However, a second controller would double your controller battery power in the field, and you would also have a second charger. Also depends upon what you can sell the M2Z camera for, and whether you want a new M2Z or a refurb M2Z, which Wellbots is selling today for $1175.
https://www.wellbots.com/products/dj...ne-refurbished
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2019, 06:28 AM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Repaid1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scissortail
Thanks Repaid. Is AliExpress reputable and easy to deal with?
Ehhhh, I have never dealt with them personally. But from what I have seen it works kinda like a distribution hub type of thing. They aren't the actual seller. Sellers much like Ebay and even Amazon sign up to sell over their site? I have seen on other threads parts and such being sold through them. Some have zero issues other than time to ship type stuff. "Most" get what they asked for, BUT some don't ever get a shipment or proper shipping which then takes a while month or more. I would say that from my observations smaller things are more a issue than something of this cost. I think most people thus far that ordered a Zoom camera got it from a source on there. I will say however that as I have seen there are no "Fake" cameras that have surfaced, that being a non DJI component. That being said if there was a lemon from manufacturing you would be hard pressed to return it for refund, though I don't recall any issue with these systems and that happening (Soft corner and such)

There are a couple of vendors on there offering the camera, if you look at the site and then search for the camera you will see how many each vendor has actually sold. I will say it like this bud. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them given price if it was me, BUT as I said don't be in any hurry (Although some get them in about a week or so) it may come slow boat and be around 3-4 weeks. Always pay with PayPal and if they offer it step up the shipping and shipping source if worried about it. I also don't believe I have seen any issue with them coming bad from shipping damage thus far as well. Just note that you will be ordering from a Chinese source and communications will be hampered...I would rate the whole process at about 95% safe as a whole, more so with PayPal protection and all that comes with that hassle had you need to engage any grievance.

Plenty of videos on YouTube showing how to swap them out which is a 5 minute job tops. Although I wouldn't want to be doing it all the time, like one week this camera, the next week the Pro. I also am not sure of warranty as I would assume if DJI got wind of you swapping things they would most likely be issues with honoring things...but that at this point has no merit thus far...just knowing DJI and their past and they do claim not user servicable.
Last edited by Repaid1; Aug 24, 2019 at 06:35 AM.
Aug 24, 2019, 06:29 AM
Registered User
wkf94025's Avatar
I like the idea of reducing the volume of the low battery beeping. I hadn't thought about the fact that some sounds would be coming from the controller versus my iPad. I'll suggest this as a possible enhancement on the firmware mod thread, unless anyone here is aware that that is already on their list. @Gadget_Guy, any chance you can post a photo of your drill-and-qtip solution?

Regarding the ice packs or other method of keeping an iPad from overheating in hot sunny weather, if I have it fairly chilled at beginning of a flight, I would think that should suffice for the ~20 minutes of a full battery flight. Has my wondering also about a white hood instead of black, at least on the outside.

Kelly
Aug 24, 2019, 06:48 AM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Repaid1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkf94025

Regarding the ice packs or other method of keeping an iPad from overheating in hot sunny weather, if I have it fairly chilled at beginning of a flight, I would think that should suffice for the ~20 minutes of a full battery flight. Has my wondering also about a white hood instead of black, at least on the outside.

Kelly
Kelly, yes that's the thing. I seem to recall that Tahoe Ed, DJI Rep that used to be onsite here, Flies in Vegas a bit, I believe he mentioned it (could be wrong). Just stick it in a cooler of ice metal side down for a minute or two, longer is better. As for the hood not a real big thing as color as it has limited contact with this issue. Although DJI manufactured hoods are white outside and of course black inside..I think that was more cosmetic to make it look "Factory".

That being said the less direct sunlight on the screen the better, not just for the whole purpose for having a screen to begin with, but keeping things from heating up to quick. I haven't experimented with it, as there are a couple of things that come to mind to flash cool it. You could use alcohol swabs/pads to the back and that would speed up cooling in a pinch. You could also give it a few quick blasts of a inverted "Air" duster can. That might be a bit much depending on how things are touching components in the whole cooling thing though. But if done in moderation and "walked" in a few small blasts and worked up over a minute or two should be safe. I routinely use that method on several similar things to cool things down, bit expensive unless you buy in bulk like I do though

On the battery warning, there is a software hack for it as shown on video for earlier models so a M2 might be forthcoming, I will let those who did a actual tear apart controller hardware hack point you to their source

Dji drones tutorial | battery Mod | remove: annoying BEEP,forced landing & Sky limit (7 min 24 sec)
Last edited by Repaid1; Aug 24, 2019 at 06:57 AM.
Aug 24, 2019, 08:15 AM
Registered User
wkf94025's Avatar
Thanks @Repaid1. I watched the video you referenced. I gather this is not possible today on M2P running 0400 firmware? Awaiting further progress by OG and others?

I posted on the mod thread about this. Leaning tape over the speaker until/unless I learn of more elegant solutions for M2P...

Kelly
Aug 24, 2019, 08:25 AM
Registered User

Dust Collector


Quote:
Originally Posted by scissortail
Thanks Repaid. Is AliExpress reputable and easy to deal with?
Thatís where I got mine, Mr. Tail. No problem. Never used it, however...

Ray Jay
Aug 24, 2019, 10:28 AM
Registered User
Dave Pitman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scissortail
Where's the best place to get the zoom camera? How much are they?
The transfer is very easy. I have a zoom camera/gimbal that I would be willing to sell if you're interested (pm me). The zoom is nice and I would be selling it to buy a complete M2Z in addition to my M2P.

Mavic 2 Gimbal Removal and Swap (3 min 51 sec)
Aug 24, 2019, 12:54 PM
Registered User

Transmitter help


Transmitter used yesterday no problem. Today will not turn on, just show 100% battery. I do know how to turn it on after hundreds of flight. Any help appreciated.
Aug 24, 2019, 01:14 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Mad_angler1's Avatar

Official DJI Mavic 2 ***Owner Thread***


Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDeeW
Transmitter used yesterday no problem. Today will not turn on, just show 100% battery. I do know how to turn it on after hundreds of flight. Any help appreciated.


Does the LED light up on the button?

Was it showing 100% yesterday or was it charged after use ?


If the battery is showing over voltage or the counter thinks it is it may not turn on, basically I would open a ticket and send it in if itís refusing as itís possible battery failure.

You could try refreshing the firmware in Assistant 2 For Mavic First and see if that reset it and also try with all cables removed.
Last edited by Mad_angler1; Aug 24, 2019 at 01:22 PM.
Aug 24, 2019, 01:41 PM
Tweaker
RemE's Avatar
Smart Controller questions/issues

I have been flying with the smart controller mainly for a while now. I am getting some nagging issues.
1- At power up it puts up a dialog box telling me that internal storage is full, using 10.55GB of the shared 11.24GB available. I am unable to clear the space, in fact it doesn't give much clue on how. In the G4 App I cleared the video and photo caches.
2- It also keeps putting up a dialog box telling me that GO v 4.3.24 is the current update for Android, it doesn't try to update, and mine shows 4.3.16, and pressing check version gives "current".
3- Connected to latest Assistant 2 for Mavic, it sees the TX but says it can't display the version of the TX, tried 4 different USB-C cables. So I can't use the assistant.
4- If I go into the gallery in the GO4 app and tag all cached photos and videos and select delete, it goes thru the motions but doesn't delete anything.
5- I inserted an SD card and have selected it for local storage, the insufficient internal memory error still persists.

So it works, can fly, but it's not working well at the moment.
Last edited by RemE; Aug 24, 2019 at 02:04 PM.
Aug 24, 2019, 02:55 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Mad_angler1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE
Smart Controller questions/issues

I have been flying with the smart controller mainly for a while now. I am getting some nagging issues.
1- At power up it puts up a dialog box telling me that internal storage is full, using 10.55GB of the shared 11.24GB available. I am unable to clear the space, in fact it doesn't give much clue on how. In the G4 App I cleared the video and photo caches.
2- It also keeps putting up a dialog box telling me that GO v 4.3.24 is the current update for Android, it doesn't try to update, and mine shows 4.3.16, and pressing check version gives "current".
3- Connected to latest Assistant 2 for Mavic, it sees the TX but says it can't display the version of the TX, tried 4 different USB-C cables. So I can't use the assistant.
4- If I go into the gallery in the GO4 app and tag all cached photos and videos and select delete, it goes thru the motions but doesn't delete anything.
5- I inserted an SD card and have selected it for local storage, the insufficient internal memory error still persists.

So it works, can fly, but it's not working well at the moment.


In Assistant for Mavic do you have the privacy options turned on as it wonít show version without the top two being on

As for not resetting the cache odd that should clear it unless itís all in the Android system exported.

Have you gone into the video editor and looked in there as thatís probably where it is.

Try checking the setting in Assistant and tbh if do a full reset then a refresh.
Latest blog entry: The New DJI Digital FPV System
Aug 24, 2019, 04:00 PM
Tweaker
RemE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
In Assistant for Mavic do you have the privacy options turned on as it won’t show version without the top two being on

As for not resetting the cache odd that should clear it unless it’s all in the Android system exported.

Have you gone into the video editor and looked in there as that’s probably where it is.

Try checking the setting in Assistant and tbh if do a full reset then a refresh.
Thanks Mad, I did check those permissions in the Assistant and they were on. I logged back into the app with my credentials then connected to the TX and it worked, I am on the current firmware version.

I'm thinking that GO4 v 4.3.24 for Android may not be available to the Smart TX?
Mine shows current at 4.3.16 (754 Official)

I re-checked clearing the local storage. It shows system mem around 70GB with only 11GB as user "shared" mem.
Exploring those folders I found stored APK's etc, I deleted everything I was allowed (by pressing and holding each file name until the options for deleting came up. Clearing all that I could still left me with 7GB in use. I then went directly into the GO4 editor, video album, and deleted all videos, it worked from there, now there is 3G in use out of the 11G avail.

Is everyone on Go v 4.3.16??
Last edited by RemE; Aug 24, 2019 at 05:45 PM.
Aug 25, 2019, 01:34 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Mad_angler1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE
Thanks Mad, I did check those permissions in the Assistant and they were on. I logged back into the app with my credentials then connected to the TX and it worked, I am on the current firmware version.

I'm thinking that GO4 v 4.3.24 for Android may not be available to the Smart TX?
Mine shows current at 4.3.16 (754 Official)

I re-checked clearing the local storage. It shows system mem around 70GB with only 11GB as user "shared" mem.
Exploring those folders I found stored APK's etc, I deleted everything I was allowed (by pressing and holding each file name until the options for deleting came up. Clearing all that I could still left me with 7GB in use. I then went directly into the GO4 editor, video album, and deleted all videos, it worked from there, now there is 3G in use out of the 11G avail.

Is everyone on Go v 4.3.16??


I donít think it has yet, Iím not a SmartRC user so canít confirm but will check with Ken.
Latest blog entry: The New DJI Digital FPV System
Aug 25, 2019, 02:52 PM
Registered User
it pains me to do this but i am going to sell my mavic 2 zoom....my house just fell into the NFZ so to me this is nothing more then a paperweight.. I thought i was more then five miles away from a small airport in westhampton, but i guess i was wrong...would appreciate on how much it would be worth to sell...i bought it last sept and flight time is 1hr 30 min, 10 flights...it comes with 3 batteries and the fly more package....never a hard landing or crash....i babied this drone....thanks in advance for any suggestions..
Aug 25, 2019, 04:00 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Repaid1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy24
it pains me to do this but i am going to sell my mavic 2 zoom....my house just fell into the NFZ so to me this is nothing more then a paperweight.. I thought i was more then five miles away from a small airport in westhampton, but i guess i was wrong...would appreciate on how much it would be worth to sell...i bought it last sept and flight time is 1hr 30 min, 10 flights...it comes with 3 batteries and the fly more package....never a hard landing or crash....i babied this drone....thanks in advance for any suggestions..
Look at my response on Autel thread...did you just move? https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1259


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Official DJI Mavic Air ***Owner's Thread*** blade strike Multirotor Drone Talk 3928 Yesterday 08:56 AM
New Product Official DJI A3 ***Owner's Thread*** blade strike Multirotor Drone Talk 2395 Aug 21, 2019 09:31 AM
New Product Official DJI M200/210 Owners Thread Tahoe Ed Multirotor Drone Talk 515 Jun 07, 2019 11:49 AM
Discussion Official DJI OSMO ****Owners Thread**** eirlink Aerial Photography 2221 Jan 29, 2019 07:31 AM
Discussion Official DJI Goggles ***Owners Thread*** blade strike Multirotor Drone Talk 2324 Jan 09, 2019 05:28 AM