Aug 22, 2019, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenman222
That's where i'm going Aug 24. No drones allowed....
Maybe if you outfit it with an assault weapon it would clear
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2019, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pitman
I have a M2P and the zoom camera. I'm thinking about selling the zoom camera and getting a dedicated M2Z. Switching is easy and works perfectly, but I have enough need for both.
Buy a bare M2 aircraft instead for $499, and install the zoom camera and save some money, and use a single controller and iPad for both. Just rebind the single controller when switching aircraft. That's what I do!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-D...e/273960096361
Aug 23, 2019, 07:33 AM
I am having a problem with the DJI Go 4 app crashing/disappearing on my few years old iPad Mini. (Refurbished iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi 128GB, bought Aug 2017.) Any suggestions for diagnosing/solving that? I believe I am on the latest version of the app, and 0400 firmware on the M2P, unlocked by the good gentlemen at NLD. I'd rather not have to replace/upgrade the iPad, but will do so if more horsepower is the diagnosis. Are there settings one can tweak to reduce workload on the iPad? My sense is that its CPU overload of some sort, as opposed to run of the mill software flakiness. Appreciate any guidance from those who've been there and overcome.

Kelly
Aug 23, 2019, 08:02 AM
My iPad Air 2 of similar vintage has no problems, fwiw.
Aug 23, 2019, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget__Guy
Buy a bare M2 aircraft instead for $499, and install the zoom camera and save some money, and use a single controller and iPad for both. Just rebind the single controller when switching aircraft. That's what I do!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-D...e/273960096361
Thanks, I have seen that and am considering if I want to have a backup controller or not.
Aug 23, 2019, 10:39 AM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkf94025
I am having a problem with the DJI Go 4 app crashing/disappearing on my few years old iPad Mini. (Refurbished iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi 128GB, bought Aug 2017.) Any suggestions for diagnosing/solving that? I believe I am on the latest version of the app, and 0400 firmware on the M2P, unlocked by the good gentlemen at NLD. I'd rather not have to replace/upgrade the iPad, but will do so if more horsepower is the diagnosis. Are there settings one can tweak to reduce workload on the iPad? My sense is that its CPU overload of some sort, as opposed to run of the mill software flakiness. Appreciate any guidance from those who've been there and overcome.

Kelly
Kelly what have you done so far to "fix"? Apples don't like heat or direct sunlight which heats them quicker. Anything over about high 80's to 90F and they will start throttling the power down and Go 4 doesn't like that game At 95F or higher and they will shut off to protect itself.

You might also try to delete the Go App and reload. Please note that this must me done correctly on iOS. Don't simply delete the app and reload from App Store or from iCloud. iOS retains certain things in memory and the only way to delete it is to power down to wipe that memory. So Delete the App. Totally shut down the Apple. Pause and then power up the Mini again. Go to to the App Store and download the App again...don't use the cloud just in case your file may have been corrupted at some point.
Aug 23, 2019, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Kelly what have you done so far to "fix"? Apples don't like heat or direct sunlight which heats them quicker. Anything over about high 80's to 90F and they will start throttling the power down and Go 4 doesn't like that game At 95F or higher and they will shut off to protect itself.

You might also try to delete the Go App and reload. Please note that this must me done correctly on iOS. Don't simply delete the app and reload from App Store or from iCloud. iOS retains certain things in memory and the only way to delete it is to power down to wipe that memory. So Delete the App. Totally shut down the Apple. Pause and then power up the Mini again. Go to to the App Store and download the App again...don't use the cloud just in case your file may have been corrupted at some point.
Thanks @Repaid1, I think you've identified root cause: heat. I fly often in Las Vegas, and this summer typical daytime temps are 100*F to 110*F. It was 107*F during my last session, which involved three batteries and at least five crashes of the Go 4 app. Guess I'll need to fly from inside the car, or early/late in the day.

Thanks also for the guidance on the wipe and reload protocol on iOS.

Kelly
Aug 23, 2019, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkf94025
Thanks @Repaid1, I think you've identified root cause: heat. I fly often in Las Vegas, and this summer typical daytime temps are 100*F to 110*F. It was 107*F during my last session, which involved three batteries and at least five crashes of the Go 4 app. Guess I'll need to fly from inside the car, or early/late in the day.

Thanks also for the guidance on the wipe and reload protocol on iOS.

Kelly
Zip lock bag (For protection while chilling from water)and a small (Six pack) cooler of ice, those aluminum backs can be chilled pretty quick between flights Years ago somebody made a nice cheap ice cooler for the backs of them, not sure why they went out of business.
Quite a few of my pilots friends use (Expensive) coolers available now (https://www.qoreperformance.com/prod...-case-for-ipad ) or ( https://www.amazon.com/Active-Coolin.../dp/B0764N4G5W ) As they are used for full size plane navigation systems and such. Not going to fit in a Mavic mount for sure.
If someone wanted to make some serious coin (Okay maybe not a whole lot) they could use a 3D printer and make a slim profile holder that centers one of those small gel freezer packs on the back and doesn't interfere with the remote mounting. If someone wanted to get down to it they could have custom gel packs formed for such a device and patent it..(Go to Shark Tank) and make millions
Aug 23, 2019, 01:56 PM
You could name it icePad or icePack. Get it? I would order one, or crowd-fund the idea...

Kelly
Aug 23, 2019, 06:18 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFlyBob
What cruise line did you go on, we went to Spain this year and I'm thinking about Alaska next year. I know Norwegian won't allow drones onboard
Princess Cruises.

https://www.princess.com/?asset=778-...68962_39791903
Aug 23, 2019, 06:49 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
I am very seasoned for my years and have been to 18 foreign countries before I was 30, of them all, Norway was the number one country I visited. Seeing the Northern lights, with 10,000 stars in the sky with a snow capped mountain in the backdrop was a vision I will never forget. I can't remember the small town I was in, but it was very close to a port ( I was a Marine but we had a huge Navy ship) I stayed in a little local theater (Yes they housed us in it, just for warmth in the evening) The local youth would go out to the dumpster at night and rummage to find the chicklets (Chewing gum) left over from our MRE's. They would spill garbage everywhere. They ended up putting a darn guard on it in the evening/nite as we were getting tired of picking up all the garbage in the morning.

We all felt so bad that we would collect all the candy and put it in a bowl out front from then on. Not sure why they wanted that "Crap" candy, I went to a shop, Ala Willie Wonka candy store, up in the small town and they had the best chocolate I ever had...the goat cheese pizza...ehhhh didn't care for it. We helped a local older man clear rocks (more like small boulders) and plow a garden from his front yard for half a day, were rewarded with one of the best dinners and hospitality EVER, lovely people for sure and the country side was right out of a dream, I hope to get back there some day soon Oh to have a DJI drone back then
Me too.

I was in a (who can see the most countries) contest with a Army buddy. End date was when we got out of the Army.
I had been to 26 foreign countries by the time I was 22 years old. And I lost the contest.
I need to find that list, it is on some piece of paper in some box somewhere in the garage.
I liked Crete, Greece's largest island. Spent a full month there on my second trip there.
flew in the cargo area of a C-130 for $10 from Germany
those were the days...

I would love to see Norway. did not get to that one

I have done a lot of traveling though since then. But mostly in US and Canada. Trying to do most all of the US National Parks with my kids. Of course all that got put on hold when my daughter got sick. She is much better now and we are starting to travel again. but now she is starting collage so we will see, might not get to travel as much as I would like.

I think my next trip will be Banff National Park Canada. My friend is there now and says it is unbelievable! I believe him.

here is a pic he sent me yesterday

When you are in places like Alaska or Banff, pictures and video do not do them justice! Not at all!

Dave
Last edited by DWA; Aug 23, 2019 at 08:00 PM.
Aug 23, 2019, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFlyBob
What cruise line did you go on, we went to Spain this year and I'm thinking about Alaska next year. I know Norwegian won't allow drones onboard
Not sure how current this is: https://cruisefever.net/cruise-ships...e-line-allows/
Aug 23, 2019, 08:31 PM
Where's the best place to get the zoom camera? How much are they?

I have a M2P but have started flying my M1P again once I found out it had zoom.

I have a Shield and have flown it with my M1 before and it worked fine. I just prefer the Mini's. If I remember correctly it is brighter than the Mini's.
Aug 23, 2019, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scissortail
Where's the best place to get the zoom camera? How much are they?

I have a M2P but have started flying my M1P again once I found out it had zoom.

I have a Shield and have flown it with my M1 before and it worked fine. I just prefer the Mini's. If I remember correctly it is brighter than the Mini's.
I think AliExpress is your cheapest option, they have them on Ebay too. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3296...6-de86d8003e74

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-DJI...-/303074904547
'
Buy with PayPal to protect yourself
Aug 23, 2019, 09:30 PM
Thanks Repaid. Is AliExpress reputable and easy to deal with?

Quick Reply