Thread Tools
Jul 17, 2019, 12:39 PM
RC Addict
Raydee's Avatar
Do you know if still works the same way if you are using the goggles for head tracking?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2019, 12:59 PM
Registered User
dragbikebam's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raydee
Do you know if still works the same way if you are using the goggles for head tracking?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I do not know that for sure but don't see why it wouldn't.....
Jul 17, 2019, 10:31 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
DWA's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFQQT
Thank you Ray.
Sedona is a lovely place. Very busy at times though.
We live south-east of Phoenix and my backyard is the foothills to the Superstition mountains...
Beautiful pics!
Jul 20, 2019, 01:43 AM
Registered User

sedona


last month in Sedona
Jul 20, 2019, 09:51 AM
Aerialist
rbendjebar's Avatar
As much as I love the footage from my Inspire 2/X5S, it's a bear to travel with. OTOH, the M2P is a joy to take on a trip involving air travel, and the footage is nothing to sneeze at.

I took it with me on a trip to the Lofoten Islands in northern Norway, a place high on my Bucket List. I came back with a bunch of footage, so I wound up with enough to make several videos. If you've got a few minutes and a 4K TV/monitor, take a look:

(6 min 17 sec)


(5 min 42 sec)
Last edited by rbendjebar; Jul 20, 2019 at 10:00 AM.
Jul 21, 2019, 06:49 AM
Regards - Randy
BigFQQT's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFQQT
I made a bracket out of aluminum channel that bolted to the Mavmount Base and that allows the MavMount Pivot tower (for lack of a better term) to be mounted in front of the controller far enough to allow me to see the screen as well as the controller. I’ve had the drone out roughly 3 miles away and while I may be prompted to tweak the antennas a little, I haven’t had any Troubles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget__Guy
Thank you! Very clever! Would you consider making and selling another? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be interested!
Sorry for the delay I had to see if I had some suitable material.
I could make some, but they would not be perfectly identical, but functionally they would be. The original was made from a small scrap of material I had used for another project and repurposed it.
Would it be worth $25 plus the ride? (Mavmount not included)
Jul 21, 2019, 07:49 AM
They call me Tater
BurntPixelBurns's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFTK
last month in Sedona
Wow.That is one clean looking photo. I imagine the zero humidity played a part in this.
Jul 21, 2019, 03:43 PM
Registered User

OTP: A Dry Heat


Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFTK
last month in Sedona
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntPixelBurns
Wow.That is one clean looking photo. I imagine the zero humidity played a part in this.
Low humidity, indeed! I just returned from a house hunting trip in Sedona to the disgusting humidity on the east coast (Yuck!). If I could find a house with a few acres in my price range I’d move there in a DC minute.

BTW, I recognize Bell Rock on the right, but I’m not sure what the one on the left is called.

Ray “feel the heat” Jay
Last edited by Ray Jay; Jul 21, 2019 at 05:42 PM.
Jul 22, 2019, 02:30 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFQQT
Sorry for the delay I had to see if I had some suitable material.
I could make some, but they would not be perfectly identical, but functionally they would be. The original was made from a small scrap of material I had used for another project and repurposed it.
Would it be worth $25 plus the ride? (Mavmount not included)
Thanks for the reply and the offer. It's intriguing. I have always used a windsurfer over the antennas, and wonder if the Mavmount (which I already own) mounted in front might possibly interfere with the windsurfer focused signal, being metal. How is the overall balance with the modification? Does the entire setup want to tip forward or backward when set down, or does it sit flat and stable? Does the bracket mounted underneath keep it from being stable when set down on the narrow extension rails? I frequently need to set the RC down, off the lanyard, to swap batteries and SD cards. As much as I like the benefit of seeing both screens at the same time, I wonder if MavMount realized the issues that moving it forward to the antenna side might present. This is the setup I am currently using instead, which allows unobstructed use of a windsurfer, and balances well with a 9” iPad Pro when set down, but unfortunately hides the RC screen.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7RFDBA
Your thoughts?
Jul 23, 2019, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbendjebar
As much as I love the footage from my Inspire 2/X5S, it's a bear to travel with. OTOH, the M2P is a joy to take on a trip involving air travel, and the footage is nothing to sneeze at.

I took it with me on a trip to the Lofoten Islands in northern Norway, a place high on my Bucket List. I came back with a bunch of footage, so I wound up with enough to make several videos. If you've got a few minutes and a 4K TV/monitor, take a look:



Very Nice
Jul 23, 2019, 08:21 AM
Registered User
TurboRacer's Avatar
180° pano
Over Palm Harbor, FL last night. Looking East at the storm at the same time the sun was setting in the West - made some cool color clouds.
Jul 23, 2019, 09:51 AM
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
Mr.frankenjet's Avatar
sweet pic
Jul 23, 2019, 06:40 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Mad_angler1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer
180° pano

Over Palm Harbor, FL last night. Looking East at the storm at the same time the sun was setting in the West - made some cool color clouds.


What a sky. Outstanding.
Latest blog entry: The New DJI Digital FPV System
Jul 23, 2019, 07:55 PM
Image Gatherer
Filmscum's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer
180° pano
Over Palm Harbor, FL last night. Looking East at the storm at the same time the sun was setting in the West - made some cool color clouds.
That is surreal, such a great shot!! Nice take TurboRacer.
Jul 24, 2019, 04:17 AM
Registered User
Has anyone tried the Mavic 1 Pro Controller as the 2nd Controller for Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic 2 Zoom? Or any chance it will work in the near future?


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Official DJI Mavic Air ***Owner's Thread*** blade strike Multirotor Drone Talk 3889 Today 06:27 AM
New Product Official DJI A3 ***Owner's Thread*** blade strike Multirotor Drone Talk 2395 Aug 21, 2019 09:31 AM
New Product Official DJI M200/210 Owners Thread Tahoe Ed Multirotor Drone Talk 515 Jun 07, 2019 11:49 AM
Discussion Official DJI OSMO ****Owners Thread**** eirlink Aerial Photography 2221 Jan 29, 2019 07:31 AM
Discussion Official DJI Goggles ***Owners Thread*** blade strike Multirotor Drone Talk 2324 Jan 09, 2019 05:28 AM