Sep 04, 2018, 10:34 AM
Sept 26!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 04, 2018, 10:35 AM
Precision landing tests. The author assumes that DJI will fix this with future firmware updates. I guess he is wrong.
YIKES!!! The Mavic 2 Precision Landing Fail Video (11 min 26 sec)
Sep 04, 2018, 10:35 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Can I shoot at 4X zoom (2X digital and 2X Optical) in 1080-60 with a M2Z? Or is the Digital out the window forever with the M2 series?
Well it isn't out since you certainly can with the M2Z at 1080p30... 60p I don't know.
Sep 04, 2018, 10:45 AM

Never thought I would be using a Hasselblad camera again!

In my left hand is my old workhorse, the iconic Hasselblad 500EL/M with the Sonnar 140mm lens. This was my go-to camera for shooting fashion and page 3s in the early seventies and is now confined to my memorabilia shelf.

In my right hand is the new kid on the block, the Mavic Pro 2 complete with Hasselblad camera and 1 inch sensor. I cannot wait to go out and fly this bad boy😋
Sep 04, 2018, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blusnapper
In my left hand is my old workhorse, the iconic Hasselblad 500EL/M with the Sonnar 140mm lens. This was my go-to camera for shooting fashion and page 3s in the early seventies and is now confined to my memorabilia shelf.

In my right hand is the new kid on the block, the Mavic Pro 2 complete with Hasselblad camera and 1 inch sensor. I cannot wait to go out and fly this bad boy😋
Look forward to seeing the image quality comparison
Sep 04, 2018, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syotr
Precision landing tests. The author assumes that DJI will fix this with future firmware updates. I guess he is wrong.
https://youtu.be/1h08r_4RplI
YUP, he was wrong.
Sep 04, 2018, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegn
Hi Blade,

Thank you for getting back about my questions. Good to see a proper LUT is on the way

May I ask you to lift the question about 4K Cinema resolution to the folks at DJI?

I bought the Mavic 2 Pro for one reason mainly, to be a sidekick to my Inspire 2 (and my two Inspire 1's and S900). I figured the Mavic would be a quick drone to take with me, or to bring to perhaps less friendly drone environments, like in the forest or places it would be impractical to carry the Inspires. I thought it should be a good sidekick also to the new BM Pocket Cinema 4K (which does 4KC, of course, as all modern cameras can). The M2P and BMPCC4K was supposed to be a great team!

But... No 4KC means that the M2P is not as good a sidekick as it should be, in my humble opinion. Having to scale up from UHD to 4KC which the other drone cameras/ground cameras shoot, will degrade the image quality. The Hasselblad camera should be a huge step up and forward in the evolution, without to have to take a huge step backward.

In all other ways I find the M2P a really nice drone, the camera is very capable and it is fun to fly. But it is so sad that the resolution is crippled as it have so much potential.

The Hasselblad camera should technically be able to do 4KC, so please take it up with the engineers, and help us get 4KC.

Thank your all your help and support here, Blade!
I am sure both DJI and Blade thanks you for seeing the potential in the MP2.
Sep 04, 2018, 11:42 AM
Just finished my first Mavic 2 Pro Video. I love the camera color and contrast. To my surprise, I didn't need to adjust any exposure or brightness whatsoever. What you see is directly from the SD Card. Hope you will enjoy it.

DJI Mavic 2 Pro at Sha Ha Hong Kong 4K (2 min 17 sec)

Alan
Sep 04, 2018, 11:43 AM
I look forward to some of that Page 3 photography.
Sep 04, 2018, 12:23 PM
In here it is stated the Mavic 2 uses indeed the Ambarella H3

DJI Mavic 2 Pro Teardown and Gimbal Replacement (7 min 19 sec)

The Mavic 2 Pro uses the newer H3 Ambarella https://imgur.com/a/O0CJhdE

This explains the much better shadow reproduction than Phantom 4 Pro. We just need to get rid of the aliasing in 4K30 FOV and it will be almost the perfect small drone .
Sep 04, 2018, 12:40 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade

Official DJI Mavic 2 ***Owner Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jay
Well, almost. I just got a message that my Fly More Kit from DJI.COM is on its way! Delivery scheculed for tomorrow. MAN! That was fast!

And boy, could I use those extra batteries...

Ray Jay

Congrats fella I know you will love it.

Glad your jumped on board , and before me too .
Latest blog entry: The New DJI Digital FPV System
Sep 04, 2018, 12:45 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE

About time, l wonder what the quirk with this one will be lol.

But as usual one already ordered as they are just too damn good even if they need the odd mod.

Shame they did not go with the double insulated plastic housing.
Latest blog entry: The New DJI Digital FPV System
Sep 04, 2018, 12:47 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeray
In here it is stated the Mavic 2 uses indeed the Ambarella H3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWu8kAitIR8
The Mavic 2 Pro uses the newer H3 Ambarella https://imgur.com/a/O0CJhdE

This explains the much better shadow reproduction than Phantom 4 Pro. We just need to get rid of the aliasing in 4K30 FOV and it will be almost the perfect small drone .
Well that sure has the capability for 4k60 as well as lens distortion correction.
Sep 04, 2018, 12:50 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachotrippy
If you want the truth, filters in aerial footage are overhyped. I'd say filters in general, but in aerial shooting it's almost laughable. Low shutter speed is wanted to give a certain motion blur in fast moving objects, because that's how films looks, and because our own sight has it so it more natural to have it in our images.
But if you are shooting a still shot of a landscape you wouldn't be able to tell if it was recorded with a high of low shutter speed.
I think that's what happen with almost everything shot on a drone.. a polar filter could be usefull to darken the sky or play with reflections and depending on the shot you might fly fast near something and want a low shutter speed.
Just be carefull, if you have a filter once there's little light it will bump the iso and thats something that will hurt the footage far more than using 1/500 of shutter.
I know it's not a popular opinion, but you should at least hear it.
I am a director of photography and of course I have to argue a lot with my colegues when I say this kind of stuff.. let's just round it up in "yeah, double the fps in the shutter speed it's ideal but don't over react" there aredozen of things more relevant to good imagering than the shutter speed
I agree 100%
I rarely used ND filters. They are over rated.
Sep 04, 2018, 12:51 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by blusnapper

This made me smile

good stuff

Quick Reply