Aug 23, 2018, 03:10 PM
RC Beginner
Be nice if they had an upgraded LG option.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2018, 03:59 PM
Looks pretty good, great video!
Aug 23, 2018, 05:15 PM
No need for an 'upgraded' landing gear option...the sprung wire struts are durable and make it possible to fly from rough surfaces including grass (see the 2:00 mark in the video)!
Aug 23, 2018, 05:31 PM
Mach One
Looks like its an FMS Viper ? With some minor changes.
Aug 23, 2018, 05:40 PM
Yes, with some notable appearance and flight performance enhancements/improvements
Aug 23, 2018, 05:54 PM
Fly Eat Sleep Repeat
Looks good!
Aug 23, 2018, 08:32 PM
Soaring Fanatic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
Yes, with some notable appearance and flight performance enhancements/improvements
I agree, the most recent incarnation of the AS3X is much better than previous offerings as well; which will hopefully get more people introduced to the EDF aspect of our hobby. Like the eFlite color scheme better than the other too. I'd like it even more if 2 or 3 decal options where included so a club could buy a few and not get them confused in the air
Last edited by 8thelephant; Aug 23, 2018 at 08:37 PM.
Aug 23, 2018, 09:19 PM
"You're gonna hafta kill me"
Just ordered from Tower Hobbies. Used the Easy Pay option and free shipping.
Aug 23, 2018, 10:18 PM

Jason quick question on the gear

I ordered it today because of the paint and the as3x with safe. Sometimes I don't land great and the gyro with safe almost lands the Cherokee and my other safe select planes by themself. Jason, quick question. The fms yak had the wire gear and always getting bent to the point I never wanted to fly it. Is the wire gear stronger in the viper? Thanks
Also it would be great to have a safe select option in reg mode. So you can not be limited on movement but have the ability to let go of the sticks and still have the plane right itself in an emergency.
Aug 23, 2018, 10:50 PM
I just ordered from Tower, as it's in stock. I have the excellent FMS YAK-130 70mm, with a similar wire type landing gear, and that gear is very very strong, does perfect for grass in the Yak, so hopefully this Viper will do well too.
Aug 23, 2018, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta78
A rebranded FMS SuperViper?. Specs seems to be the same between them.
Comes with installed flaps for just $20 more than the FMS. Seems like a fine deal. I got the FMS version months ago. Wish I had waited.

EDIT: Oh, and an E-Flight receiver with AS3X and SAFE. Now I really wish I had waited.
Aug 23, 2018, 11:08 PM
Mach One
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
Comes with installed flaps for just $20 more than the FMS. Seems like a fine deal. I got the FMS version months ago. Wish I had waited.
It’s a nice package for the price. However, the paint job is not for me. I am sure many do but if I get this she is getting painted
Aug 24, 2018, 01:59 AM
RC Beginner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
No need for an 'upgraded' landing gear option...the sprung wire struts are durable and make it possible to fly from rough surfaces including grass (see the 2:00 mark in the video)!
How many not so prefect landings will the wire struts take.

And as much for appearance than practicality

That aside she looks great and if she flies as well as other BNF models then this will be a winner I'm sure.
Aug 24, 2018, 03:02 AM
Hello !
4S compatible as well ?
Regards
Aug 24, 2018, 07:39 AM
You'd likely have to change the motor to something in the 3000-3600kv range to run 4s.

Quick Reply