Sep 18, 2019, 11:43 PM
Guys I would of said the same thing about that battery but 3-6 months in of using that battery I am seeing they are not as good as your think they are.

I have 6 of them, I balance them 100% of the time on my ISDT charger, 5A is what I charge them at and the below picture is a good example of what I am starting to see on most of the batteries, also the don't perform as well as they once did.

What's even worse I have emailed them RCjuice twice in the last week and not a reply.

I have roaring top battery that is very similar and a lot older, same process on charging and no issues. I think you pay for what you get, these batteries are not long term investments.

Also in the past people have had similar issues.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post42647763

This battery you see below is only 3 months old and approx 25 cycles on it. I've done everything by the book and this is the result, I only use them in one jet which is the FW Mirage 2000

to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2019, 06:23 AM
I have 3 HobbyStar 4200s and 1 4600 that I've been using in my Viper, F-16 and FW F-35...all 70mm with one of the packs 9 months old with over 50 cycles on it and they all perform well and have pretty decent IRs. I check them every every charge.

On the other hand, I am using Hobbystar 5200 and 6200 in my 80mm Havoc ( sometimes I use my 4600) and I have started to notice some IR degradation in primarily my 5200 but am seeing it on my 6200 as well...and this with about 35 flights split between the two (5200/6200).

So C601 has a valid point—these batteries seem fine for the 70mm jets, but are probably not a good choice for 80-90+ mm jets. I just read yesterday in the Havoc forum where Jax Quad has had 4 or 5 of the Hobbstars puff out significantly in his Havocs. Granted he works 'em hard, but there seems to be a pattern starting to emerge, I hate to say.
DB
Sep 19, 2019, 11:33 AM

Hobby Star

I have been running the HS 6S 4600's in my 70mm EDF's with fair performance.
I recently tried one of their 6S 4200's and was extremly disappointed as it only tested at 14C with high IR values on all cells ,,,,, good for only 60 amps.
My viper, FMS Avanti, and FMS BAE Hawk were all visibly slower and amp draw was down 10-15 amps.
Sep 19, 2019, 07:58 PM
4200mah at 515g. that is significantly lighter than a 4000mah HK 30C battery. It cannot be that high of C rating. A graphene 60C battery of similiar size would be close to 700g.
Sep 20, 2019, 12:00 AM
I've waited long enough (1+ week) and filed a dispute with PP on 6 of the same batteries. 3 emails and not a one reply. I suggest if you have issues and you probably do if they are been used in 80mm jets to return them. I spent $400 on these batteries and if I keep using them, there is a chance they will end up like Jax Quad, I am starting to see Puffing in 2 of them. They are approx 2-3months old batteries.
Sep 20, 2019, 10:22 PM
I called HH today and they said this is normal in safe mode for the elevator to be this high. is everyone else like this?
Last edited by SS-73; Sep 23, 2019 at 01:12 PM.
Sep 22, 2019, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by putput
I put dubro low bounce wheels on, night and day difference
What size, putput? Any other mods?
Sep 22, 2019, 09:16 AM
if you search this thread and put in the word "brown" there are quite a few posts about Dave Brown wheels/tires. Lighter than the dubros
Sep 22, 2019, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray1
What size, putput? Any other mods?
I've done a lot lol. All control throws have been maxed. I moved the receiver to get a better ch with the battery all the way back. Re-paint, motor swapped.. it is faster than the f4 and hangs with the 80mm Avanti.. not done yet, trying for 140 with it
Sep 25, 2019, 07:21 AM
Landing is not optional
Anyone ever figure out how to calibrate the throttle on these? It is not the standard way that I have done on every other plane I have.
Sep 25, 2019, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesonC
Anyone ever figure out how to calibrate the throttle on these? It is not the standard way that I have done on every other plane I have.
Horizon one told me the EFLITE escs are self calibrate. Can't be changed in any way
Sep 25, 2019, 07:42 AM
Landing is not optional
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappyroots2182
Horizon one told me the EFLITE escs are self calibrate. Can't be changed in any way
Well that is clearly untrue. This is the only EDF I have that requires at least 25% throttle before the motor starts. Every other one starts with one click of throttle after calibrating. No surprise that HH would say that though... sounds about right for them!
Sep 25, 2019, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesonC
Well that is clearly untrue. This is the only EDF I have that requires at least 25% throttle before the motor starts. Every other one starts with one click of throttle after calibrating. No surprise that HH would say that though... sounds about right for them!
Mine didn't need that much to start up. Send it in for replacement or see if you can adjust the low end travel on that channel to start sooner.
Sep 26, 2019, 08:35 AM
I just received an E-Flite Viper and put it together. By reading this forum I expected cable trouble and I was not disappointed! Holy Moly, and the manual has only 2 lines and a silly drawing to say "Hook this to same, hook that to same, and put through the hole". Then you need small monkey fingers and assorted small tools to accomplish same...and choice words!

The factory (undoubtedly gloating over that future circus) could have already put the leads through that hole (on the BNF model). Terrible design on what otherwise appears a lovely model, as yet unflown except on the RF9 sim.

I bound it to a DX6 and tried the controls. Flaps no workee, but I had not seated that connector correctly. Now all working, so I had to touch the throttle. Instant response, and it wanted to charge my cat., who sat curiously watching. I took a couple of pics, in case after trying to fly, it is never again intact. As Uncle Bob said, "Any fool can take off, but the landing requires genius".

I appreciate the help you folks give.
Sep 26, 2019, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray1
I just received an E-Flite Viper and put it together. By reading this forum I expected cable trouble and I was not disappointed! Holy Moly, and the manual has only 2 lines and a silly drawing to say "Hook this to same, hook that to same, and put through the hole". Then you need small monkey fingers and assorted small tools to accomplish same...and choice words!

The factory (undoubtedly gloating over that future circus) could have already put the leads through that hole (on the BNF model). Terrible design on what otherwise appears a lovely model, as yet unflown except on the RF9 sim.

I bound it to a DX6 and tried the controls. Flaps no workee, but I had not seated that connector correctly. Now all working, so I had to touch the throttle. Instant response, and it wanted to charge my cat., who sat curiously watching. I took a couple of pics, in case after trying to fly, it is never again intact. As Uncle Bob said, "Any fool can take off, but the landing requires genius".

I appreciate the help you folks give.
Good luck with your maiden flight. This is truly a easy jet to fly. It was my first and still flying it.

Quick Reply