Aug 19, 2019, 09:57 PM
Torquay/Warralily Coastal Vic.

Wrong battery quoted

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead540
Just watched your video great by the way . I noticed your tags in the video it says 4S2200 battery is that correct I thought this was/is a 6S plane
I have not yet had a chance to fly the Viper Jet , In fact before last week I didn't even own one , things happen I purchased a lot of aircraft from an estate .
How does it do on 4S2200 ? flight times ??
Greetings from OZ, I did put the wrong battery size on the video & noticed it after I posted the video to youtube, sorry.I have just posted a F15 video & it has the 2200 4S.... I did add a note to say they were 4000 6S on the Viper Soccer Field. On my other two Viper video's I had the correct battery info. You can see them on youtube: 'bellairvideo' channel

Here are the batteries. The Turnegy is the best fit. The other brand 3800 is a bit too big but you can fit it in sideways tightly . The run time is around 4 mins.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by BellairIntl; Aug 19, 2019 at 09:58 PM. Reason: added
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2019, 10:42 AM
Hiya Gents: i am wondering if the viper can be hand launched on safe of course ? I use a VENOM 3200 6s @ 442 g's. I have recently been hand launching my E-flite F-16 on this battery and belly landing on grass and loving it !So I am just wanting to hear from viper pilots who are doing the same with their Vipers. Thanks 🤠
Aug 23, 2019, 12:00 PM
Mineral, VA
Kevin,
I do not know of anyone hand launching the Viper. Since this plane does not high alpha like the 16, I don't think I would recommend trying it. As for your 16, did you pull all the gear out to lighten it?
Aug 23, 2019, 12:13 PM
Landing is not optional
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin whitesell
Hiya Gents: i am wondering if the viper can be hand launched on safe of course ? I use a VENOM 3200 6s @ 442 g's. I have recently been hand launching my E-flite F-16 on this battery and belly landing on grass and loving it !So I am just wanting to hear from viper pilots who are doing the same with their Vipers. Thanks 🤠
I hand launch a HSD 75mm Viper with no problems.
Aug 23, 2019, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrutter1
Kevin,
I do not know of anyone hand launching the Viper. Since this plane does not high alpha like the 16, I don't think I would recommend trying it. As for your 16, did you pull all the gear out to lighten it?
No sir ! I wanted to keep the option of paved operations. I am 6 flights in and i am very pleased..
Aug 24, 2019, 11:58 AM
I know this has probably been discussed 1000 times, but since this is my first ever EDF and gona fly it first time tommorow (i hope), i will go on and ask: What is the correct CG? Manual says 80-90mm aft the leading edge. Some say it is nose heavy there, but no way i can even make it there! using a 6S 3700mah Gens Ace battery weighting exactly 545gr, the CG seems to be way forward. I am at least 25 to 30mm forward. Am i missing something?

What 6S Batteries are you using? How much do they weight, and did you have to add weight to the tail to make it balance at about 80mm to 90mm? I know people have different prefferences for the CG, but i am talking about the CG that it is neutral for a novice in EDF jets. Thank you.
Last edited by FerDeLance; Aug 24, 2019 at 12:21 PM.
Aug 24, 2019, 03:51 PM
I have no idea where my CG is, but with either a spektrum 6s 3200 or venom 3600 it flies fine with both all the way forward. I would encourage you to move the elevator arm all the way out on the servo and get a bit more throw. take offs are easy, landing you want to carry some power along with the flaps, and no mixing is needed. I really enjoy flying mine. my nose wheel servo either died or stripped a gear this morning. it was a one flight day. good luck and absolutely do not add tail weight.
Aug 24, 2019, 04:33 PM
Which shall it be, Passworthy?
FerDeLance: You're going to get several answers, you've probably already noticed. My bird has rx in factory position at rear of battery compartment. I run 3300mah packs from 450g to 490g as far back as I can, just touching the antenna wire on the front of the rx (maybe 1/4" in front?). Plane balances between 80mm and 85mm, with gear down. Could probably go back further, if I wanted to relocate rx, but not sure the potential improvement would warrant the trouble. *shrug*

Dave
Aug 24, 2019, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppterX
I have no idea where my CG is, but with either a spektrum 6s 3200 or venom 3600 it flies fine with both all the way forward. I would encourage you to move the elevator arm all the way out on the servo and get a bit more throw. take offs are easy, landing you want to carry some power along with the flaps, and no mixing is needed. I really enjoy flying mine. my nose wheel servo either died or stripped a gear this morning. it was a one flight day. good luck and absolutely do not add tail weight.
Thank you very much for the reply. According to this link https://www.venompower.com/venom-fly...2-0-plug-25018 Venom 3600mah 6S are about 90gr lighter than the Gens Ace i have. Gens Ace have a high C rating of 60 vs 30 for Venom, and probably that is why they are heavier, because the are thicker. So indeed i might be on the nose heavy side with these Gens Ace... Should i try or not?
Last edited by FerDeLance; Aug 24, 2019 at 04:48 PM.
Aug 24, 2019, 06:10 PM
I've flown up to 4500 at over 500 grams set over the top of my receiver. I regularly fly chnl 3300 so the way back against the receiver and cg 87 with gear up, and 4600 hobbypiwrr with 84 cg. I would put your packs back, at least within an inch of the receiver.
Aug 25, 2019, 01:06 PM
Ok, i see. Μaiden was postponed, temperature was 30o Celcius today anyway, so not ideal for flying, as i have read that so much heat causes the canopy foam (which is dark) to swοllen.

This will give me time to find a solution to the problem, a lighter battery that is, as i can't move this one any more back, because further back is the receiver and the wire mess. Thank you all.
Aug 25, 2019, 09:05 PM
Which shall it be, Passworthy?
30 degrees C sounds like pretty good flying weather! It was about 35 (96F) here today, and 39 (102F) predicted for tomorrow! But I do try to keep my foamies in the shade as much as possible.
Aug 27, 2019, 04:25 PM
retired ATC
cracked the cockpit glass and ordered the fms viper cockpit for the eflite viper...got to say I think it looks much better with a black cockpit area,,,,if for some reason u have to get another one order a new fms cockpit from rc castle// it took only a week from china to mississippi
Name: zzzzzz.jpg
Views: 47
Size: 74.5 KB
Description:
Aug 29, 2019, 06:47 AM
Good Job Rotatinginnc ! The more you fly this bird the more you will love it.
Aug 29, 2019, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmatt_fpv
Good Job Rotatinginnc ! The more you fly this bird the more you will love it.
Thanks, I really do like the viper and already looking for my next jet

Quick Reply