Mar 22, 2019, 11:29 AM
DW Productions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy65
For the the maiden I'm going to set the elevator up as "advance" per the manual and just use a 3 position switch for rates. I rather have to much elevator than not enough.
Good idea, and I think you'll see it isn't too much at all. Good luck with the maiden.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 23, 2019, 01:40 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
For the the maiden I'm going to set the elevator up as "advance" per the manual and just use a 3 position switch for rates. I rather have to much elevator than not enough.
Which radio do you have and good luck on your maiden! I am hoping to maiden mine today with my DX6.

GB
Mar 23, 2019, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden
Which radio do you have and good luck on your maiden! I am hoping to maiden mine today with my DX6.

GB
Hey GB, I called it off because the wind is kicking up. Yea I'm scared lol.

I've got DX6 however I have 2 DX8's. I'm transferring over to the 8 so I'll still have safe.

If the Viper goes well, then it's the F16..if that goes well then it's the Eflite Phantom maiden..

Wish someone would of told me this hobby is not a hobby but a disease haha.
Mar 23, 2019, 04:04 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
If the Viper goes well, then it's the F16..if that goes well then it's the Eflite Phantom maiden..
That's what I was thinking then they just announced that cool little V-22 Osprey.
Mar 23, 2019, 04:07 PM
I review RC Products
Lots of great choices these days for sure!

I have a relatively urgent question. Do you guys fly with that soft brake on that seems to be the default? I can't seem to get it to turn off with my techniques for other ESC's.

Any direction would be most appreciated as I hope to maiden it here shortly after some taxi tests

GB
Mar 23, 2019, 05:10 PM
I was able to maiden my Viper yesterday in the wind and it is a very nice and steady flying plane. I setup safe on the flap switch as per instructions from youtube and somehow safe was turned on the regardless of the switch position. I fixed it when I was done flying but even though I couldn't get crazy with it I am impressed with the plane and will be taking it with me as often as possible.
Mar 23, 2019, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden
Lots of great choices these days for sure!

I have a relatively urgent question. Do you guys fly with that soft brake on that seems to be the default? I can't seem to get it to turn off with my techniques for other ESC's.

Any direction would be most appreciated as I hope to maiden it here shortly after some taxi tests

GB
I would plug the ESC in to another RX that you have laying around and use your regular techniques. I know when I set the throttle limit I've waited about 5-10 seconds to see if it will beep to a different menu but doesn't.
Mar 23, 2019, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwick
That's what I was thinking then they just announced that cool little V-22 Osprey.
While that Osprey is cool..the price puts me out..although I did just pick up a F4 (it was a gift) today. Pretty cool bird.

In my hanger have Viper, F-16, F-4 that all need to be maiden...Eflite F-15 is the only real "jet" I've flown..the UMX I don't if you would count it on the same scale as the F-15.
Mar 23, 2019, 07:28 PM
Maiden complete. Nice smooth steady flyer. Going to add more throw to the ailerons but other than that it’s a fun little jet.
Mar 23, 2019, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg
Maiden complete. Nice smooth steady flyer. Going to add more throw to the ailerons but other than that it’s a fun little jet.
Where did you set your elevator on the control horn?
Mar 23, 2019, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Where did you set your elevator on the control horn?
Stock for now but might add a little bit more there too.
Mar 23, 2019, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg
Stock for now but might add a little bit more there too.
Would you mind confirming what hole the ball linkage is connected to, from the outside hole?
Mar 24, 2019, 12:42 AM
You guys checking CG inverted with wheel down or up?
Mar 24, 2019, 09:00 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
You guys checking CG inverted with wheel down or up?
On a plane like this where the nosewheel retracts rearward, I always measure CG with the gear up. I figure I'm going to spend most of the time flying with the gear up, so that's when I want the CG perfect. When the gear is dropped, the CG will shift slightly forward, which is never an issue. Much better than retracting the gear and it ending up tail heavy.
Mar 24, 2019, 09:01 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
While that Osprey is cool..the price puts me out.
It's not that bad. It's the same price as the mini Convergence when it was released. Plus, the V-22 is a much cooler scale model and Horizon had to pay a pretty penny to Boeing to license the shape and use the name. I bet it will be below the $200 mark soon enough. The mini C came out sometime last summer and it's $169 right now.

Quick Reply