Sep 18, 2018, 10:40 PM
Subscription ����
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2018, 02:46 AM
The finish looks quite impressive!
Sep 24, 2018, 05:10 AM
Tomanet, thanks for uploading photos. This was one of last pre-production model you got. Still improving many things mostly about layups and technology. Model got many nice features to make transport and assembly easy. Also we pay attention to keep it long-life. Every single molded part is made in metal mold and cured at high temperature. It makes all parts more resistant to heat coming from sun. Surface won't fade after time as much as cold cured models.

Centerpanel is hollow to provide easy wiring, strong spar structure and high gloss finish. It's coldest cured part in whole structure. Cure temperature is set 55C.

Answering about ballast system. We made custom ballast, 540g each ( later we will make 250g ). Ballast is inserted easy between 2 FR4 trays and secured with one screw. It's fast enough to insert/remove, and for sure it wont change its position even with hard landing.

Tray under wing saddle is designed to keep Rx and wiring safe from ballast. It make whole wiring very clean, no mess under canopy.

I hope you like it. It took really lot of time and nerves to make it :-)
Sep 26, 2018, 04:25 AM
Thread OP
When will the full production model be available to purchase ?
Oct 18, 2018, 11:32 AM
tomanet
After some personal issues I had some time to get my vertigo finished.
Maiden on sunday if weather is good ( for now heavy storms). Hope you like it
Oct 21, 2018, 10:18 AM
tomanet
Maiden today! We had very good weather, light breeze, 24 degree celsius and thermal activity. Make some climbs and search for thermal, once on it, very easy to turn, hold speed nicely,can turn very tight.
CG was at 110mm at first light but changed to 113, feel better there. Still soon for conclusions but I'm very happy how it performs on first day flying.
More flights for fine tunning and different set-ups to find it's best. For now, very good f5j model and very well done.
Nov 22, 2018, 02:35 PM
A little bit more informations about model :

Do you know why uploader doesnt work ? Opera and Firefox....

Last edited by GCM_models; Nov 23, 2018 at 03:27 AM.
Nov 25, 2018, 10:01 AM
1 revolution and throw!

visit to Poland

Hello ,

past week i visited Jacek &Jarek (son & father) and was able to see the vertigo in real .
Me and my father already placed an order and we look very much forward to fly it next season.
i myself own a egida (1700gr) and xplorer2 (1800gr) and the vertigo std should come out around 1300gr . i expceted to see some loss in stiffness over the models i have being 500gr lighter but all parts felt more then adequately stiff (the models i have are f3j planes electriefied so overkill spar for f5j)

I was amazed about the build quality of the parts , i already knew they where skilled builders , making parts at high temprature and this really shows off!
As a builder myself i know 1 and another about composite molding and doing high temp molding is something not so many builders are capable off.
But the diffrence in quality is quite impresive , it is much more heat resistant and surface will degrade much less on descently tempered parts .

The midpanel is hollow molded and super smooth as expected from this build method but to my surprise the solid core wingtips come quit close to them , i never seen that on a solid core f5j ship ever!
i expected a somewhat softer sandwich on the midpanel as seen on other lightweight hollow f5j models but the sandwich was quit hard and coparable to my egida, it really surprised me a lot.

All in all the materials and build technique chosen on this model are nail on the head , the midpanel kept lighter due to hollow construction which favors thicker airfoils/parts of the wing and the wingtips which are offcourse thinner being lighter on solid core construction.

Can't wait to build and fly mine , i can only wish it would fly as good as it looks

i'm also very happy to become part of the composite workers team for the vertigo , i will be helping making fuselages and thus cranck up production !
looking so much forward to flying it , it looked so darn nice wen i got to see all this beautifull stuff in they're workshop
Dec 22, 2018, 08:16 PM

First flight impressions

Today was the first flight on my new Vertigo .
Here are a few notes:
My plane is the light version , I used all Futaba gear S-Buse set-up. I did order my Rudder colored also the Nose area.
My motor is a Neu 1102 6.7:1 850 battery, My AUW ready to fly today came in at 1287 Grams. I wasn't working towards saving every gram...
I used the supplied reinforcements in the servo pockets and "Pete's" Alum PNC motor mount.
The attention to detail, and quality of the parts are very "Professional" The Fit and Finish is excellent.!
The model is supplied with so many little extras, Need to check out Flight Comp's (Ali's) website. The clear gape seal's are a nice touch!
Flight impressions:
I got out early this AM,, 30 minutes after sunrise. I used the 7 degree joiners,Cg set at 113. I used the "Mike Smith's" system to set up my plane.
"That looks about right" LOL.. After a few flights adjusting the landing set-up I worked on the basic "Cruse/ Float..
so in dead air with about 3mm of camber, Rudder turns only, no snap flaps, the plane floated very well. I was very pleased with the L/d . It took a few more flights with adjustments to get a full 10 mins with a 150m launch.. For me today, I found that "less camber" 2-3mm worked out better than 4-6mm ..
any way it is a GREAT flying machine.. The flaps are big and spot landings are super easy..
I left the field before and larger thermals started to develop. It did respond well to light lift, showing the little bubbles developing..
Great job guys.!!

Hope everyone enjoys their Holiday's
Best regards
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCM_models
Tomanet, thanks for uploading photos. This was one of last pre-production model you got. Still improving many things mostly about layups and technology. Model got many nice features to make transport and assembly easy. Also we pay attention to keep it long-life. Every single molded part is made in metal mold and cured at high temperature. It makes all parts more resistant to heat coming from sun. Surface won't fade after time as much as cold cured models.

Centerpanel is hollow to provide easy wiring, strong spar structure and high gloss finish. It's coldest cured part in whole structure. Cure temperature is set 55C.

Answering about ballast system. We made custom ballast, 540g each ( later we will make 250g ). Ballast is inserted easy between 2 FR4 trays and secured with one screw. It's fast enough to insert/remove, and for sure it wont change its position even with hard landing.

Tray under wing saddle is designed to keep Rx and wiring safe from ballast. It make whole wiring very clean, no mess under canopy.

I hope you like it. It took really lot of time and nerves to make it :-)
Dec 23, 2018, 06:49 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
I’m on the waiting list! Can’t wait to give this one a try.
Dec 24, 2018, 01:44 AM
Overkill is underrated
So am I, Jim. Maybe we can compare build notes.

Ed
Dec 24, 2018, 10:14 AM
I have a strong coming too. Going with a really aggressive motor/prop/battery to see if it's useful.
Dec 24, 2018, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwjoon
I have a strong coming too. Going with a really aggressive motor/prop/battery to see if it's useful.
What motor and battery combo are you thinking of using...?
Dec 24, 2018, 01:18 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elac2az
So am I, Jim. Maybe we can compare build notes.

Ed
The build looks pretty straight forward. Iíll go with IDS on the flaps and standered stuff on the ailerons. Powerline 1015 or NEW 1102 w/P22. I have several other motors on hand. Iíll go with whatever is needed weight wise to get the CG right.

Quick Reply