Mar 04, 2002, 02:21 PM
Thread OP

I'm Getting my FiXX

Great news. The Zagi FiXX park flyer is almost ready to ship. I received email today, stating they are testing the final prototype this week, and if all goes well, they will go to production this month.

They also put me on a notification list to be one of the first to receive one. I must be doing something right.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 04, 2002, 03:36 PM
Craig,
I liked the fixx too but the price Trick RC is asking for the kit is too steep for me. I also got tired of waiting so I just built my own crude mini v-wing and it actually flies great. Made it from bluecor foam. The great news is the airplane cost me about $1.00 to make! Now that doesn't include motor or electronics but still for a buck it might be worth a try. I'm just a hack builder so someone with some skill could probably make a much better one. Mine took me about 4 hours and I have logged over 50 flights on mine.

Not in any way a bash at the zagi...just options for us poor boys. If (when) you get your fixx, I'd like to hear what you think of it. In the mean time, take a look at my poor boy special
http://www.geocities.com/mkaarlela/miniz.html

You can also check out some videos of it in action http://www.yourzagi.com/
Mar 04, 2002, 04:01 PM
Thread OP
Nice bit of innovation in your mini-z. I have thought about designing and building my own planes, but to date, nothing as materialized.

I'll keep you posted on the new Zagi.
Mar 04, 2002, 04:07 PM
AeroMicro
Hello Craig558:

Thanks for the update. I want to get one too.

Mar 07, 2002, 08:39 AM
Craig,
when you get your Fixx, how about some photos so we can see what the look like? I still haven't seen them in the shops around here but understand any day now?

Also, I've been working on a souped up version of my mini-z. For lack of a better name I'll call it MZ-II. Uses direct drive 250 motor and reinforced airframe. Haven't flown it yet but should really go if it survives the test flights. here is a pic
Mar 18, 2002, 11:17 PM
Thread OP
I still haven't gotten the new Zagi FiXX, nor have I heard from them since the email below that I received on 2/28.

We are testing a prototype next week. If it proves successful we will go into production sometime in March. We will put your name on file and contact you when we are ready to ship.

Joe Teisan
for Trick R/C

I have sent a couple of polite emails requesting the status, but no answer.
Mar 18, 2002, 11:40 PM
Stress Be Gone
I already posted this this morning to a question in the Parkflyer section. I talked with Joe at Trick RC this morning. They were expecting a second prototype in today or tomorrow. According to Joe, if the second prototype is OK they should go into production but if there is a problem he said they would probably need to have new molds made. He didn't tell me what happened with the first prototype. So I tend to get the feeling that we won't see anything till April or maybe beyond. Don't know how long it would take to get another mold made if they have to go that route. This being a new process and material, doesn't surprise me that things aren't going along like they would like.
Last edited by GBR2; Mar 18, 2002 at 11:48 PM.

Quick Reply