This thread is privately moderated by GroundControlRC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 22, 2018, 09:31 AM
Thread OP
Video

Review Part 2 - Field Testing the BlueSky 5V/3A SBEC we added to our OPTO ESC

Review Part 2 - Field Testing the BlueSky 5V/3A SBEC we added to our OPTO ESC

We have installed this Converted OPTO ESC in our "Glue & Fly Series" F-22 Mini V2 for this Field Test ;-)

Review Part 2 - Field Testing the BlueSky 5V/3A SBEC we added to our OPTO ESC (7 min 23 sec)

I performed (6) Test Flights this morning and had no desync and the throttle was smooth and linear.
During each Test Flight I changed throttle range periodically from 50% to 100%.
On each launch the throttle ramp-up was smooth and linear.
The total weight of the combined FVT LittleBee 20A OPTO ESC and the BlueSky 5V/3A SBEC was 10.9 grams ;-)
It is a very compact and light weight setup and gives you 5 volts of switching power at 3 amps.
This is something you just don't get with a 20 amp ESC.

Update!!!!

A post by "Per Buch" on this video brought to my attention and corrected my Brain-Cramp in that you do not need two servo connectors on this setup.
You can clip the Ground Wire on the ESC and move the ESC Signal Wire to the Voltage Regulator Power and Ground Servo Connector and it will work fine.
I tested this setup in my Parkjet and it worked great!
Now there is no downside to using this setup as it only requires 1 Receiver Port ;-)
It also decrease the weight to 10.9 grams ;-)
Even better!

Build, Fly, Crash, Repair, Rinse & Repeat!

Happy Flying!

DC-DC Converter Step Down Module 3A 5V/12V Mini BEC
https://www.banggood.com/DC-DC-Conve...47791920140372

What's in the Box:

1x5V/12V FPV UBEC

Description:

Output current: constant 3A
Input voltage: 2-6S(5V version),4-6S(12V version)
Weight: About 5.6g
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply