This thread is privately moderated by GroundControlRC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 21, 2018, 03:51 PM
Thread OP
Video

Re-Maiden - WLToys F949 Cessna 182 Complete Brushless MOD!

Re-Maiden - WLToys F949 Cessna 182 Complete Brushless MOD!

I was looking for an upgrade brushed motor and prop for this plane, however, I wasn't satisfied with the thrust on the ones I tested.
What to do now to give this plane more power?
Well, I decided to do a complete Brushless MOD on this great little plane.
I tested several Micro Brushless Motors with a 1S LIPO and was again disappointed with the amount of thrust.
On to 2S LIPO testing and Yeah! I found a good balance of weight, thrust, and efficiency ;-)
Joine me for the Re-Maiden of this great little plane now that it has a complete Brushless Power System.
If this is successful, I will be testing it again with a Micro FPV System ;-)

Build, Fly, Crash, Repair, Rinse & Repeat!

Happy Flying!

Re-Maiden - WLToys F949 Cessna 182 Complete Brushless MOD! (9 min 9 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2018, 08:03 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Considering doing something similar but with an 0806, I can pull the pwm from the onboard fet to control the esc.
Nov 24, 2018, 09:35 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
Considering doing something similar but with an 0806, I can pull the pwm from the onboard fet to control the esc.
I've never tried that.
Let me know if if works.
I'm considering doing a brushless conversion of the Volantex Mini TrainStar as well and if I could use the existing receiver board that would make it much simpler and lighter.
Thanks!

Quick Reply