Dec 21, 2004, 12:20 AM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
Thread OP

"Beginners" (Depron) twin boom pusher: flys GREAT and SLOW!!!

I had this idea for a twin boom pusher made from 2 Slow Stick kits, had it all layed out and everything. This post here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298561

Anyway, I was stuck away from home, but had all this Depron I had ordered a while back....

SO I ordered 3 SS booms and 3 SS parts bags and started to make my own Depron wing for it...

What I ended up with surpassed my original goals I think! And it was cheaper and stronger!

It is (the wing) MUCH more stout that my original idea using SS wings grafted together and weights about the same. As a matter of fact I can actually use just the outer panels as a stock Slow Stick wing replacement - and the Depron wing weighs exactly the same as the SS wing!... only about 10 times as stiff!

Anyway, This thing flys SO slow and handles so easily. I will be teaching my father to fly this baby! (He's 73)

I really think that GWS could easily make a twin boom pusher in this configuration... of course the'd loose a lot of revenue since you'd be buying fewer props and gear boxes!

I think the airframe cost me about $25-$30. Yes you newbies, get out there and cut some of your own foam!... you'd be surprised at what you can make for CHEAP!

Just FYI, whenever I damage anything on my Slow Sticks I just use Depron to replace it...

Here are a few photos:

CJS
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2004, 01:08 AM
It is different, from your photo's the tail looks a little uncommon....grin, and a pusher on a slowstick takes some getting used to, but it looks like a great flyer and that's what counts.
I've been making stick planes for a couple of years now using bluecor foam and they all fly nice and it's more fun designing your own planes, keep up the good work.

MM

Quick Reply