Feb 17, 2019, 01:28 PM
AZ Outback
Thread OP
It's bluffing how easy it is to fly.
Mine has 1550g with 30mm up to the fins and 20mm down.
GC 100mm about this super flight, I'm happy with this glider, the manufacturer is really good I want to emphasize it.
I'm waiting two Crozilla soon.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2019, 11:43 AM
AZ Outback
Thread OP
The following is a pictorial of opening the servo pockets, you will need a Dremel tool with a disk cutter, right hand drive helps but not required, Xacto blade with the end ground down so you do not puncture the upper skin of the wing, and masking tape.

The first step is to place the masking tape on the opening so a lip is left for the servo wing covers, maybe 1/8" or a little more.

Second using the Dremel cut along the tape on all for sides.

Third remove the carbon fiber wing square you cut out.

Fourth cut around the opening with the blunt blade vertically, then on a diagonal to remove foam, cut in layers, remove the Xacto blade from the handle and using the back of the blade scrape out the remaining foam.

Fifth, working from the top or toward the spar, remove foam to locate the wire for the servos.

It takes bout as long to read this and look at the pictures, as it does, to do the work in opening up the servo pockets.
Mar 02, 2019, 01:59 PM
https://i.servimg.com/u/f71/18/21/29/32/20190311.jpg
Voilà un homme heureux
Mar 14, 2019, 11:00 AM
AZ Outback
Thread OP
The next series of pictures show the method of installing the servos and control horn.

For the servo I use a bearing frame, and a Vernier caliber to measure the distance from the servo face to the hinge line at the two ends of the servo, this should make the servo parallel to the hinge line. In the past I use Flex Epoxy which is a seven hour adhesive, to glue in the frames. A new method I have not tried is to set the frame and then put drops of truck tire CA in the four corners of the frame. When the CA has set remove the servo and apply the CA to the rest of the frame. Again I have not tried this, but sounds much faster, for the install of the servos.

Next I want to locate the position of the servo horn, on the opposite side of the flap. I use a right triangle positioned so it lines up with the hinge line and the outward face of the nylon servo horn.

I then use a pin through the hinge line to locate where the face of the flap control horn will be, on the top of the flap. I have not found the small hole to be a problem for the flap hinge.

A word of caution, remember you want the face of the servo horn and flap horn outer faces to be on one side of a straight line and the opening on the top of the wing, above the hinge line, for the control wire, to be on the opposite side.

Hopefully the pictures will show this.

I am sure others will use different methods than the one above, these steps are the ones I have used for Crozilla, Volvo, and Ultima.

The advantage for these steps is you get to decide where you want to locate the servo in the wing pocket, so not having the manufacture place the cuts for the control horn, gives you more options.
Last edited by Robert Burson; Mar 14, 2019 at 11:25 AM.
Apr 16, 2019, 02:20 PM
AZ Outback
Thread OP
This is an update for an alternative method of mounting the elevator 6100 and rudder x08plus servos. This also allows the Rx to be mounted under the tray, in this case a Spektrum 9ch Rx.

The 6100 will be connected to a push rod while the 08 will still be a spring pull system.

The push rod housing has a piano wire in it so with magnets it can be glued to the boom.
Apr 29, 2019, 03:02 PM
AZ Outback
Thread OP
CROZILLA at the CRO Cup F5J 2019

This is how you get into the finals.

Nikola Francic giving lessons.

CrozillaCROCupF5J2019 (0 min 28 sec)
Last edited by Robert Burson; Apr 29, 2019 at 09:07 PM.
May 10, 2019, 10:03 AM
AZ Outback
Thread OP
With a coat hanger, lead fishing weights, and wheel collars, you can have up to 10oz of ballast.
May 10, 2019, 10:18 AM
Why would anyone need ballast!!! (insert sarcasm). Great flying with you again Bobby.

I will say, I was VERY impressed with the performance of this little plane. Bobby would've done better had he been able to ballast up, despite the lack of ballast, it penetrated well in the Vegas wind. What a great value for the money.
May 10, 2019, 12:59 PM
AZ Outback
Thread OP
Thank You Justin, this is the first thing I made, when I got home, really poor planning on my part, for the 40oz plane, trying to fly in Vegas with 20+mph, and no ballast really limited my options on Saturday.
May 10, 2019, 02:11 PM
Bonsoir je ne savais pas comment mettre les photos. Voila mes ballaste, 150g,300g et 400g.
May 10, 2019, 02:17 PM
Voila quelques photos de mes montages.
May 11, 2019, 08:37 AM
AZ Outback
Thread OP
How many centers of gravity do you steal?
Thank you

Julien, I am running 105mm but Nikola says 100mm.
May 12, 2019, 02:42 AM
Bonjour merci.
Sur mes 2 planeurs je suis a 98 mm.
Sur les débattements vous êtes a combien?

Quick Reply