Jan 24, 2020, 12:52 PM
Nooooo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jan 24, 2020, 12:52 PM
Dang, that means I need to stop being so reckless with mine lol

Jan 24, 2020, 01:16 PM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
I really love the way the Slow Ride flies. It is a shame all these nice planes are not being produced. I think it is just much cheaper to sell foamies and that is pretty much the future until the FAA shuts down the model airplane part altogether so drones can RID the skies.
Jan 24, 2020, 04:10 PM
Dang, that's surprising they're discontinuing it, seeing as how quickly it sold. I had one on my wish list for some point down the line; guess I missed out
Jan 25, 2020, 11:23 PM
Maybe Gary will stop in and give us some hope about a V2 or another run of the kits.

Jan 26, 2020, 12:22 AM
It it just me, or is there much less selection from Tower, as compared to last year.
Jan 26, 2020, 01:14 AM
Modeling Retread
Maybe they’re going to offer a new color scheme. I thought about getting a second one as an insurance policy.
Jan 29, 2020, 08:38 AM
I see that the only things we can buy now are slow ride parts and they come at a premium compared to an entire kit. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge as to why Tower would discontinue what appeared to be a popular kit?
Jan 29, 2020, 08:41 AM
Electrons were young...
Every time I see a must have plane I pick it up for this very reason. Glad I have one in the box in the 'warehouse'.
Jan 29, 2020, 09:14 AM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
My wife was doing a little memoir about coming to age in the 1960's. One of the popular "fads" or hobbies of that time was "balsa wood airplanes." As time went by kits and scratch builds went by the wayside, replaced by balsa/plywood ARF's, and now these are disappearing and replaced buy foamies and mouldies. Pretty soon the only way you be able to buy a balsa ARF or kit will be from someone's personal stash. Covering film suppliers have also disappeared and colors are discontinued.
Jan 30, 2020, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_100
Every time I see a must have plane I pick it up for this very reason. Glad I have one in the box in the 'warehouse'.
Yup, I have an extra slow ride also, picked it up a local swap meet for a song. I don't think the seller realized what he was sitting on.
Jan 30, 2020, 02:50 PM
I'm sorry but it wasn't our decision. That factory is having difficulties getting materials and would not continue building them.
Latest blog entry: blog
Jan 30, 2020, 08:15 PM
Modeling Retread
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWRIGHT
I'm sorry but it wasn't our decision. That factory is having difficulties getting materials and would not continue building them.
No need to be sorry, you designed a great plane. If the product is done, done, how about plans so we could do it ourselves?
Jan 31, 2020, 09:19 AM
sorry, can't do that. Design doesn't legally belong to me now and I don't have authority to distribute it.
Latest blog entry: blog

Quick Reply