Jan 04, 2022, 04:21 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...th-Electronics
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2022, 08:22 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder
Horizon should consider offering "limited runs" of some of their classics, perhaps even as "kits" if the cost of production of complete ARFs in China isn't feasible. They could sub this out to any number of the many balsa cutters in this country and around the world.

It is interesting that while most everything Horizon nowadays sells seems to be foam ARF's, they are still producing and selling a few Great Planes balsa ply ARFs such as the Tori and Kunai.
Horizon can easily as you posted sub out any number of balsa cutter companies right here in the USA and drop ship orders as they come and I know they will.

It's too bad that all I see from Horizon is more of the same (Barf) Foam and more Foam!
Jan 05, 2022, 05:11 PM
Looking for the list of the recommended setup? Not on Tower anymore.
Jan 06, 2022, 01:52 PM
Handicrashed
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia
Looking for the list of the recommended setup? Not on Tower anymore.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Tower-Hobbies

Rimfire .28 motor
Castle Creations Talon 60 amp ESC
Tactic TSX 25 servos which have been discontinued and the recommended replacements are Onyx S25.
Jan 07, 2022, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone 870
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Tower-Hobbies

Rimfire .28 motor
Castle Creations Talon 60 amp ESC
Tactic TSX 25 servos which have been discontinued and the recommended replacements are Onyx S25.

Thank you.
Apr 04, 2022, 12:10 AM
Right Rudder

Very Popular!

Well, if anyone has ANY DOUBTS how popular this model is then, feast your eyes on the amount a new IN-THE-BOX went for at auction over at Flea Bay!

Not only the final amount but, the amount of bidding!!!

I just don't get it with Horizon Hobby? Why on Earth they don't allow this model back on market??????

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18536085572...rdt=true&rt=nc

Tower Hobbies Slow Ride 3D EP ARF (2 min 53 sec)
Last edited by PittSpecial; Apr 04, 2022 at 12:25 AM.
Apr 04, 2022, 06:13 AM
Because all Horizon wants to push is their overprice chunks of foam with "Safe". Some people still like fly balsa! no safe!
Apr 04, 2022, 09:41 AM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by TockTari
Because all Horizon wants to push is their overprice chunks of foam with "Safe". Some people still like fly balsa! no safe!
Totally agree with all you posted!

I Love all my Hangar9 Balsa and light Plywood models. Some of them (Electric Powered) are lighter than those FOAM models that need now 6-Cells, Lithium Polymers!

I just don't get what is wrong with HORIZON pushing chucks of over priced foam.

Pitts
Apr 04, 2022, 10:55 AM
Well im glad to see at least one person agree with me!
Apr 04, 2022, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Horizon sells plenty of wood ARF airplane kits that you can put any gear that you want in it. There are other sources for wood ARF's also.

Horizon does make allot of foam BNF airplanes, why, because they sell and lots of people buy them. If you don't like foam airplanes that is fine. There are plenty of other options in the market.

As for the Tower Hobbies Slow Ride; it was produced by Hobbico which is no longer in business.
Apr 04, 2022, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Well im glad to see at least one person agree with me!
I agree on the foam junk. As much as I love the "Draco" Wilga, the foam airframe kept me from buying it. Had it been a fiberglass fuse with built-up wings, I'd have one! Obviously injection molding is much cheaper than producing a real model though. It's what the hobby has become...
Apr 04, 2022, 12:18 PM

Slow Ride!

To get back on topic, I was lucky enough to come across a "Slow Ride" in excellent condition recently and bought it. I've only flown it a couple of times, but it is a BLAST!
Apr 04, 2022, 12:50 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by ospreyhawk
To get back on topic, I was lucky enough to come across a "Slow Ride" in excellent condition recently and bought it. I've only flown it a couple of times, but it is a BLAST!
You are one LUCKY SON OF A GUN!
Apr 04, 2022, 02:18 PM
Yeah Lucky!! I gave up looking for one
Apr 04, 2022, 02:20 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by witstick
Yeah Lucky!! I gave up looking for one
Tip: Never ever give UP!

I have not and still looking!

Quick Reply