Apr 30, 2019, 12:36 AM
Master
I unpacked one of my AliExpress 'clones' last night. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw it had Horizon Hobby written on it!!!
jj604 (Post #51) - I hope you're reading this!!

Chris P
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2019, 12:45 AM
ancora imparo
Who knows what it is! They might just have simply done a photocopy of the PC board. It looks pretty good though and the solder quality is fine. It could be back-door genuine. If it doesn't come in a Spektrum pack it is probably not a legit retail sale item though. But if it works like an AR6400 and looks like an AR6400 .....

I remember when I was young my grandfather told me he had bought some cheap hand tools marked "Made in Birmingham" back when English tools were regarded with US and German as the best you could buy.

Turns out the Japanese had renamed the town where the factory was located as "Birmingham".
Perfectly legitimate.
Apr 30, 2019, 12:56 AM
Master
Hope this provides some motivation Harvey!!

I keep all my own-design plans rolled up like the Dead Sea Scrolls for future reference!

Chris P
Apr 30, 2019, 09:43 AM
hdowding
Quote:
Hope this provides some motivation Harvey!!
It does. Thank you for the three-view and parts layout, ChrisP. We'll see what I can do.

Harvey
May 01, 2019, 03:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdowding
It does. Thank you for the three-view and parts layout, ChrisP. We'll see what I can do.

Harvey
Glad to help.
The plan is on A4 (297x210) if you want to gauge the size of my model. Motor 7x20 and prop ex mini quadcopter.

Chris P
May 03, 2019, 03:06 AM
Master
I'll wrap up the Stormovik build with photos of the final result. Flying weight with Lipoly : a very acceptable 21g.

In the past I had issues with the MinimumRC wire horn linkages slipping in the shrink wrap tube despite using CA. This time I tried 5 Minute epoxy applied with a cocktail stick, which wasn't as messy as I feared, and it worked perfectly.

Back to the Heinkel He 111 B-1.

Chris P
May 09, 2019, 02:37 AM
Master
It was a horrible rainy day yesterday, so I spent the time doing the panel lines and markings on the Heinkel 111 B-1. Weight so far a very satisfactory 22g, particularly as it's quite a big model with a span 560mm.

Next step - finish it off by fitting the R/C.

Chris P
May 14, 2019, 10:56 AM
Master
Just to wind up the story on the He 111 B-1, photos of the finished model are attached.

Weight without Lipoly : 28g

Weight with 1S210mAh Lipoly : 35g

My other twin engined model with the same motors and same wing area weighs 46g with Lipoly, so I am sure it will fly well.

Chris P
May 18, 2019, 05:46 PM
Nice work Chris, I'd love to see that fly!
May 25, 2019, 08:40 AM
gke
gke
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
Bent linear servo drive shafts caused by poor heat treatment or other manufacturing stuff up??

Just a thought.
A bent shaft would cause binding, excessive current draw and over heating even at partial travel.

Can you see if they run true when moving?
Just joining the club . Two bought with one good the other only one servo running and getting hot as well. Seems it may be the gears as you can detect miss-mesh under the magnifying glass. Pushing the "loose" motor home properly seems to have partially sorted out the problem. Report is in to BG in any case asking for a replacement.

I may buy better gears from Micron Wings down track.

Yes jj you warned me.
May 25, 2019, 01:28 PM
hdowding
I just got my Ali Express Spektrum clone, the same one ChrisP shows in Report #91. It bound to my DX6 without a problem. Rudder and elevator servos work fine and the standard aileron port also works as it should. I haven't yet range-tested it or tried to program it to run an external brushless ESC.

None of my genuine Spektrum bricks have "Horizon Hobby" printed on them. I'm guessing that it wouldn't be worthwhile for Horizon to even attempt to sue for copyright and/or patent infringement in a Chinese court.
Sep 09, 2019, 07:42 AM

Frsky version

I have a couple of these and they have bound fine to my Taranis X9D Plus but my programming is out somewhere as i can't get it setup right.
Does anyone know what its default setup is in terms of AETR / ATER etc?

I fly mode 1 and it seems to keep using the throttle as the elevator.
I probably need to just delete and start again but knowing the basic mode configuration of the brick should help me.
Thanks
Mark
Sep 09, 2019, 11:13 AM
Hello everyone, fellow Taranis user here.
I fly in mode 2, my setup on the mixer page goes like this:
1 Thr
3 Elev2
4 Elev1

On inputs menu it's Ail, Ele, Rud, Thr, but those do not matter, just make another model or reassign everything accordingly.

If you fly it in mode 1 then you have to assign channels differently on the mixer page

I've used these bricks on a small delta called AD/HD, on 30 and 40 size https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...n-FPV-and-more
Now it seems that the other of the bricks servo motor has gone bad, anyone knows a replacement?

Quick Reply