Aug 18, 2018, 09:56 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Frsky 'brick' on banggood

Banggood are now selling a 'brick' receiver similar to the DSM2/DSMX bricks but compatible with FrSky D8.

Has anyone exeperience or an opinion on these?

Oversky MXL-RX62H V2 Receiver Integrated with Dual Servo for Frsky DSMX DMS2 FUTABA SFHSS - FrSky D8

The MXL-RX62H V2 Series receivers is a new compatible receiver for mini aircraft. It integrates with 2 linear servos, 2 independent output interfaces, one built-in 3A brushed ESC output interface and one brushless ESC signal interface.

Description:
Brand name: Oversky
Item number: MXL-RX62H V2
Size: 24.5*22.5*8.0mm (excluding power cord and antenna)
Weight: 3.5g (including power cord and antenna)
Working voltage: 3.0~5.0V
CYRF6936 hardware version: compatible with DSMX/2;
CC2500 hardware version: Compatible with Futaba SFHSS, FRSKY-D8.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2018, 10:26 AM
Aedificem ergo sum
I have one of the DSMX ones. It is a little bit larger and a little bit heavier than the Mini Vapor brick (I forget the exact weight, it was about .4g heavier). For the weight penalty, you get the aileron channel and direct brushless ESC hookup pads. The servo throws are on the short side (like the Mini Vapor brick) and not terribly precise, but that's true of most linear servos. It has been glitch free so far, and the price is nice. Also, it is not a counterfeit.

It flies the flat-plate plane below just fine with a BR1103 outrunner and XP-3A brushless ESC.
Aug 19, 2018, 05:07 PM
Acorn Barnsley Bitter
Hi

Fitted one in the Banggood Tigermoth. DSMX version.

-50 sub trim before the motor kicked into life but great no glitching.

Mick
Oct 10, 2018, 04:37 AM
Master
I've ordered the DSMX/DSM2 Version. I assume that no instructions come with the unit?? In that case, can anyone who has got it working, please answer the following questions :

- What the heck are independent output interfaces?

- On the attached Banggood photo, is the rear white socket really a bind socket for a bridging plug or is it the reverse aileron plug and the word 'Bind' is just put there to confuse? Maybe 'Bind' refers to the location of an LED indicating binding?

- Where is the function 'Reverse Ail' located if it's not the rear white plug?

All a bit vague. Typical Banggood.

Thanks!

Chris P
Oct 10, 2018, 06:32 AM
Acorn Barnsley Bitter
Chris
The reverse aileron is the plug that says bind against it. But u can reverse the servo on your transmitter.
You can plug a servo in both to save on a y lead and have flapperons !
for the DSMX version you bind as normal and don't need to plug anything into the receiver.

I had to use -50 sub trim before the brushed motor output fired into life.

But it works just fine as previous reports
Oct 10, 2018, 09:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickinsouthyorks
Chris
The reverse aileron is the plug that says bind against it. But u can reverse the servo on your transmitter.
You can plug a servo in both to save on a y lead and have flapperons !
for the DSMX version you bind as normal and don't need to plug anything into the receiver.

I had to use -50 sub trim before the brushed motor output fired into life.

But it works just fine as previous reports
Many thanks Mick. I fully understand it now.
Lived in Yorkshire at RAF Lindholme in the 60's as an RAF brat. Would sit all day at the edge of the airfield and watch the Avro Lincolns flogging round the circuit making wonderful noises with their 4 Merlins. Happy times!
Chris P
Oct 10, 2018, 12:15 PM
Acorn Barnsley Bitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP
Many thanks Mick. I fully understand it now.
Lived in Yorkshire at RAF Lindholme in the 60's as an RAF brat. Would sit all day at the edge of the airfield and watch the Avro Lincolns flogging round the circuit making wonderful noises with their 4 Merlins. Happy times!
Chris P

Gods own Country
Oct 11, 2018, 04:07 AM
Master
Not to prolong 'off topic' for too long but in those days airfield security was almost non-existent. At the weekend nobody was there. We actually had 'our own' Lincoln RA711 which sat on the fire dump. If we did see anyone coming, we hid in the wings where the fuel tanks used to be. Much more fun than any X-Box!!

Yep, God's Own Country.
Oct 12, 2018, 03:06 AM
Acorn Barnsley Bitter
Quote:
Not to prolong 'off topic' for too long but in those days airfield security was almost non-existent. At the weekend nobody was there. We actually had 'our own' Lincoln RA711 which sat on the fire dump. If we did see anyone coming, we hid in the wings where the fuel tanks used to be. Much more fun than any X-Box!!

Yep, God's Own Country.
Great Photo
Oct 14, 2018, 07:13 PM
Maltese sparrow
This brick appears to be the same one sold by Microaces for use with their WW1 kits
https://microaces.myshopify.com/coll...rum-compatible

This gives me some confidence that it won't be poor or variable quality
andrew
Oct 19, 2018, 04:55 PM
cranium accessories
I'm about to order a couple of these. I have one of the brushless supermicro systems bricks and I like it a lot. Too bad they're not available anymore. Lotta fun in my little micro wing!
Nov 07, 2018, 07:19 AM
Master
I bound the receiver with my Spektrum DX8. No problem with that and the two servos worked as they should. I then noticed that the underside of the receiver was getting hot, so I disconnected it. After a good 5 minutes I reconnected it and the elevator servo would no longer work. Letter off to Banggood!

Disappointing as I ordered their Zero and Rare Bear kits to try out the reciver and we are now in our club winter indoor flying season.

Chris P
Nov 07, 2018, 08:57 AM
Acorn Barnsley Bitter
Quote:
I bound the receiver with my Spektrum DX8. No problem with that and the two servos worked as they should. I then noticed that the underside of the receiver was getting hot, so I disconnected it. After a good 5 minutes I reconnected it and the elevator servo would no longer work. Letter off to Banggood!

Disappointing as I ordered their Zero and Rare Bear kits to try out the reciver and we are now in our club winter indoor flying season.

Chris P
sorry to here that

I bought one form Bangood and the other from Oversky and they both work as they should ?

I'm just a lucky Yorkshire man
Nov 07, 2018, 12:07 PM
I'm Still waiting 9 weeks on for a pair (separate shipments) of Frsky Rx 's .. From Banggood.
They are currently seriously choking on the word : Refund... despite advert claims.
Last year their shipment record was good.. Moderne times.

Caveat emptor Kids.
Nov 07, 2018, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare
I'm Still waiting 9 weeks on for a pair (separate shipments) of Frsky Rx 's .. From Banggood.
They are currently seriously choking on the word : Refund... despite advert claims.
Last year their shipment record was good.. Moderne times.

Caveat emptor Kids.
I ordered two of them and just got them a couple days ago.. Took nearly a month to get them.. Longest delivery I've had from them, but 30+ orders and they've never lost anything.

Quick Reply